Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Standard vs Thin-neck blade

Standard vs Thin-neck blade 1 year 3 months ago #9990

• Jyn-Toar
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Thin neck blades just don't have diffusing film all the way to the open end of the blade. Thin necks have slightly different blade sockets about an inch deep with an inner metal ring, which would cause the film to bunch up. Other than that there is no difference, though the film on thin neck sabers isn't glued. You could use a thin neck blade in a standard saber, but you couldn't use a standard blade in a thin neck saber due to the issue of the film being there.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FailedJedi

Standard vs Thin-neck blade 1 year 3 months ago #9994

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 760
Very good information!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Standard vs Thin-neck blade 1 year 3 months ago #9996

• dk5491
Great info! Could somebody just confirm to me whether the Exhalted takes a thin necked blade or standard?

Standard vs Thin-neck blade 1 year 3 months ago #9997

• JediRabbi
  • Thank you received: 2
My Exhalted (posted on the sales list) takes a thin-necked blade.

I appreciate this thread - clarifies an issue I've been wondering about. The film in this blade has a tendency to slide down when it's not installed in the hilt. It's never been a problem, but I've always been aware of it. Is this is the case with all thin-neck blades?
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you.

Standard vs Thin-neck blade 1 year 3 months ago #9998

• Jyn-Toar
  • Premium Member
The film in this blade has a tendency to slide down when it's not installed in the hilt. It's never been a problem, but I've always been aware of it. Is this is the case with all thin-neck blades?
Yes, all thin neck blades are unglued. In theory you MIGHT be able to glue the film in, but I don't know of anyone who has done so.

Standard vs Thin-neck blade 1 year 3 months ago #9999

• dk5491
Thanks Jedi Rabbi. It makes sense that the Exhalted would take a thin necked blade.
When you go to purchase an infinity blade from the Saberforge store website, it gives you the option of 'standard' or 'thin necked'. But in brackets after 'thin necked' it says 'prodigal son/redeemer'. Maybe its a mistake that they haven't written 'Exhalted' there as well....

Standard vs Thin-neck blade 1 year 3 months ago #10002

• Jyn-Toar
  • Premium Member
This just actually came to mind now but I thought I'd mention it: VV doesn't glue their diffusing film. If you have a standard SF blade with glued film, bend it slightly. You should see the film buckle and crinkle (but don't worry, there won't be any permanent damage). When the film isn't glued, this doesn't happen. Instead, the film twists in the blade. For this reason some people might prefer a thin neck blade, since it isn't glued and you won't have to deal with the film buckling. Just thought I'd toss that out there.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Heavy Flex v2.0 (11 Posts)
    • I have that RbCW in my Phoenix ;) He picks some winners. The Amber Red-Orange White is in my...
    • Quality Darth Vader repli... (3 Posts)
    • Oooh interesting! It looks like they don't have the D-Ring at the emitter though, which is too bad....
    • Master Replica Force FX C... (15 Posts)
    • Quote: It's a constant current LED driver - imagine a 1200mA buck puck (the exact may be 1280mA). Any...
    • Heavy Flex v2.0 (11 Posts)
    • First off I'd like to thank you all for the warm comments. To answer some of the questions.. - I...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4401
  • Latest Member: w00kiee
  • Total Posts: 44.5k
  • Total Topics: 3204
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 106
  • Today Open: 7
  • Yesterday Open: 10
  • Today Answer: 53
  • Yesterday Answer: 85