Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Upgrading Older SF Products

Upgrading Older SF Products 1 week 3 days ago #10008

• Girot
  • Like received: 5
Hey there!

I have three SF sabers I commissioned back in 2009. I noticed that the sound and power systems have significantly improved over the last 6 years and I'm interested in an upgrade. Has anybody done anything like this with them before?

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Upgrading Older SF Products 1 week 3 days ago #10015

• Jyn-Toar
  • Premium Member
  • Like received: 13
If you've got a soldering handy and a bit of know-how, you could pick up the parts and use some tutorials to switch things around yourself. But many people do send their sabers back in for upgrades. Just email SF at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and let him know what you have and what you want. I've no doubt that he'll do his best to help you out (or whoever it is that ends up being your customer service correspondent).

Upgrading Older SF Products 1 week 3 days ago #10032

• Girot
Thank you for the reply! I hit up the site customer service and the etsy site. I'd hit up Facebook too but don't want to be an annoyance, lol. :P

The hardware I have is pretty old. I have no idea if Phil still uses the same inner diameter now as he did in 2009. If so then I think I could manage the install with a little guidance. Other than that there are a couple aesthetic upgrades I'd love. First and foremost I want to replace my pommels with current versions with the speaker screens/resonance cavities. I noticed that the current versions screw in whereas mine are held in place by set screws. Upgrading that would require tapping the inside of my hilts and I don't have the machinery for that, lol.

LastlyI'd like to get the blades from the Juggernaught and I'd love to know how he does his weathering. My custom job could really use a proper weathering before I rewrap the grips.

I'll post some pics of my hardware this evening when I get home from work.

EDIT: I'd also need to machine the recharge and kill plug ports. All of these mods would be extremely easy for the Forge staff given they have everything they need right there. The advantage here for them is they don't have to machine the sabers, lol. Just mod and swap out guts.
Last Edit: 1 week 3 days ago by Girot.

Upgrading Older SF Products 1 week 1 day ago #10113

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Like received: 60
It sounds like (to me) more work than you realize. Most notably, the pommel and blades.
I'm not saying they won't/can't do it, especially the electronics but the hilt modification might be a hassle... and/or expensive.

Definitely something to ask This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. about, though.

Upgrading Older SF Products 5 days 3 hours ago #10201

• Girot
That's pretty much the case. I'm working something out though so it's all good. B)
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• New to this with some que... (24 Posts)
    • I haven't read all the posts... cause you guys are really long winded... haha.. but! You can...
    • the switch color and blade color may be able to be changed to different colors, i would defiantly...
    • Quote: Quote: I saw the sound post and I didn't want to hi jack that topic but I do want to put forward what exact...
    • Quote: I saw the sound post and I didn't want to hi jack that topic but I do want to put forward what exact...
    • 12W Amber wiring differen... (8 Posts)
    • Best of luck hopefully just a battery problem but that's pretty good news if not.

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 1333
  • Latest Member: Zeno Pass
  • Total Posts: 7220
  • Total Topics: 685
  • Total Sections: 9
  • Total Categories: 59
  • Today Open: 5
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 36
  • Yesterday Answer: 60