Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Where To Begin

Where To Begin 3 days 1 hour ago #10308

When I first saw the Force Awakens trailer something magical happened. Old feelings and memories that for a time lied dormant, were now awakened. Throughout the past few months I have been acquainting myself with various mediums of information surrounding the beloved universe that is Star Wars. Prior to this enlightenment, I had only ever seen the films, ( a few time of each, Return of The Jedi being my favorite) and a handful of novels. In a span of 2 days I watched all six movies, but this only made the thirst worse lol. I began to remember all the things I loved about the Star Wars saga. Like many others I stumbled upon the animated series, "Star Wars: The Clone Wars", and was hooked. I really enjoyed seeing familiar characters and watching them progress and develop throughout the series. After finishing the series I began doing online research (sounds like I'm writing a term paper lol) as I hopped around from forum to forum hoping to learn from those with a more extensive knowledge than I had. For a while it seemed like Star Wars was all I could talk about. A few weeks ago I found this amazing forum and couldn't be happier. Just last week I bought my first saber from the SaberForge website and then another one a few days later off of the Etsy site, eagerly awaiting the arrival of both. I just wanted to say thank you to all of the people that make this forum possible.

May The Force Be With You All!
“Oh no, my young Jedi. You will find that it is you who are mistaken…about a great many things.”
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Where To Begin 3 days 47 minutes ago #10310

• Brax
  • Elite Member
  • Like received: 28
I know that feeling of awakening you refer to. I have felt it as well.

If you wish to further your adventures watch season 1 of Rebels. I know a lot of people write it off because of the animation style, or the fact that it airs on Disney XD, but don't let that lessen your enthusiasm. Let me tell you, for a show on a kids network, this things gets DARK at times, and it is as much solid Star Wars story telling as the best seasons of The Clone Wars. Season 2 is going to bring in some familiar characters, like Darth Vader, and Ashoka Tanno, and if the trailer is any indicator we are in for one hell of a ride!

So, immerse yourself in this one, and I think you will find your Star Wars craving satiated for the time being. Of course, there is never enough, but it will help for as long as you can hold off binging all of the episodes.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Where To Begin 3 days 11 minutes ago #10313

• h2soy
  • Like received: 3
I would suggest the Dark Horse series from the 90s but they're non-cannon now. Still, as Star Wars series go the Tales of the Jedi tpb collections have some excellent stories. Some plot points were incorporated into the Clone Wars animated series. A great many books are hitting in September so that's something to look forward to!

Where To Begin 2 days 12 hours ago #10343

• Knytiri
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Elite Member
  • Like received: 43
I need to get back into the books. Especially the new ones, which are supposed to be the new canon.. I haven't read any since the series with darth caedus, lol.. but I used to read them alllllllll the time.

As for the revival of interest in all things star wars, I know exactly what you mean. I think a lot of us have went through that exact same process lol.

Where To Begin 2 days 12 hours ago #10344

• O.G. Jedi Lord
  • The Jedi and the Sith are both a lie. The force is both, life and death. Good and evil. Black and white. May the forces be with us.
  • Like received: 1
Darth Titus wrote:
When I first saw the Force Awakens trailer something magical happened. Old feelings and memories that for a time lied dormant, were now awakened. Throughout the past few months I have been acquainting myself with various mediums of information surrounding the beloved universe that is Star Wars. Prior to this enlightenment, I had only ever seen the films, ( a few time of each, Return of The Jedi being my favorite) and a handful of novels. In a span of 2 days I watched all six movies, but this only made the thirst worse lol. I began to remember all the things I loved about the Star Wars saga. Like many others I stumbled upon the animated series, "Star Wars: The Clone Wars", and was hooked. I really enjoyed seeing familiar characters and watching them progress and develop throughout the series. After finishing the series I began doing online research (sounds like I'm writing a term paper lol) as I hopped around from forum to forum hoping to learn from those with a more extensive knowledge than I had. For a while it seemed like Star Wars was all I could talk about. A few weeks ago I found this amazing forum and couldn't be happier. Just last week I bought my first saber from the SaberForge website and then another one a few days later off of the Etsy site, eagerly awaiting the arrival of both. I just wanted to say thank you to all of the people that make this forum possible.

May The Force Be With You All!
That's all 100, I agree bet dat.
I have a Acolyte Champion Purple 12w LED.
Soon a Disciple!!!

Where To Begin 1 day 14 hours ago #10375

• Darth Intefector
  • Premium Member
  • My hatred has made me an unstoppable force; my rage a tempest of death and destruction. When I strike, you shall know the true power of the Dark Side. And it shall be the last thing you ever see...
  • Like received: 3
I know the feeling. I am so excited for this. Star Wars has always been my favorite movie saga and I get to live through the next three movies! I was born just before TPM came out, so I haven't had the privilege to live through this and see three Star Wars movies in theaters, so the excitement is real.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• New to this with some que... (24 Posts)
    • I haven't read all the posts... cause you guys are really long winded... haha.. but! You can...
    • the switch color and blade color may be able to be changed to different colors, i would defiantly...
    • Quote: Quote: I saw the sound post and I didn't want to hi jack that topic but I do want to put forward what exact...
    • Quote: I saw the sound post and I didn't want to hi jack that topic but I do want to put forward what exact...
    • 12W Amber wiring differen... (8 Posts)
    • Best of luck hopefully just a battery problem but that's pretty good news if not.

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 1333
  • Latest Member: Zeno Pass
  • Total Posts: 7220
  • Total Topics: 685
  • Total Sections: 9
  • Total Categories: 59
  • Today Open: 5
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 36
  • Yesterday Answer: 60