Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Oracle Champion Edition

Oracle Champion Edition 10 months 2 weeks ago #64907

• -Hunter4hire-
  • Thank you received: 2
It is finally here. The long wait is over.
But before I get started, here are some shots of my new beauty

Her name is Serenity, and I love this saber. It's exquisite. The precision is very noticeable on this saber, and as it's just an apprentice saber, I am impressed. From the detail of the new laser forge kill key, and blade plug, to the smooth and wonderful emitter, right down to the wonderfully vented pommel. This saber is gorgeous But is it perfect?
My first issue came from the wrap, though there is nothing wrong with it, the wrap is great. I originally ordered the brown leather, however not two weeks after my order, I emailed Saberforge and asked to have it changed to bronze stingray. I promptly received confirmation that there is no problem, and that it would be done. I guess there was a communication error or something. So even though I didn't get my wrap, The one I got is great, and the saber looks fantastic with it.
Second issue. I ordered the 12+ LED upgrade, however after some testing in many lighting conditions, the saber is not as bright as I hoped. I don't know how to test the luminosity or the wattage, so I have no way to see if it's indeed a 12+ but I assume that it is, it's just that my other saber, (from a company that shall not be named) is brighter, even though it's just a basic saber just with lights.
I have charged the batteries fully, just in case you ask. However it's not that bad, and it's still a good enough light. The colour is mint green and it's "oh so choice" as one might put it.
Finally I'm worried about the heating issue. The saber gets very warm after 1 minute of being on. Is this normal? Should I be worried? I don't really know, so any information regarding this would be much appreciated.

So, all in all. I love this saber, and apart from a few minor issues, I can't really complain too much. The sound is great, the saber works perfectly so far since I got it yesterday. If I had to rate it, I give this saber a solid 8.5/10
THANK YOU SABERFORGE for this awesome saber. I look forward to my next purchase.

Finally I would like to post a video review I have on my channel. I know it's not the greatest quality, so please be kind if you see it. I'm already getting thumbs down on it, and it's discouraging. If you have any advice on my videos, you can pm me that anytime.

If you'd like to see the saber in action, I did a short duelling video with a friend.
It's short, silly, but the sabers look great.

Last Edit: 10 months 1 week ago by -Hunter4hire-. Reason: Added links because the video inbedding didn't work
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst, DK44

Oracle Champion Edition 10 months 1 week ago #65005

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 505
Welcome, very nice Oracle.
"I am the Senate"
The following user(s) said Thank You: -Hunter4hire-

Oracle Champion Edition 10 months 1 week ago #65023

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1063
All LEDs are 12W+ these days, and the warming is normal, so long as it does not become HOT.

Congrats on a cool saber!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Oracle Champion Edition 10 months 1 week ago #65043

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Great review on the Oracle! Very nice!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Oracle Champion Edition 10 months 1 week ago #65171

• -Hunter4hire-
  • Thank you received: 2
Thanks everyone for the awesome feedback. I'm having a blast with the saber. After duelling with it, I realized it's a bit top heavy. I found out that it's the blade, So I'm going to order a slightly shorter and lighter blade.

Now I have to finish my Jedi costume for next years convention, and Rebel One this Christmas. I'm going for an old republic Jedi with armor and robe.

Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• FS: SaberForge Fallen (5 Posts)
    • Folks, The Fallen is one sweet saber, especially the way this one has been equipped! $400 is an...
    • Dark Brown Leather Wraps (2 Posts)
    • I have the dark brown wrap on my Gladius. Here's a pic for comparison. Hope it helps you out. I...
    • Custom Phoenix (7 Posts)
    • Awesome! Love that blade plug. Welcome back NeBosa! :)
    • Korbanth Dv6- it is point... (1 Posts)
    • So this was my weekend relaxation project this week, I scored this on EBay for 190, which included a...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5267
  • Latest Member: Maniax001
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4693
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 13