Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Custom Blood Red / Orange Oracle with NEC Spark 2

Custom Blood Red / Orange Oracle with NEC Spark 2 5 months 1 week ago #71229

• Darth Zerus
  • Thank you received: 2
Thank you so much for such detailed answers, HotRod!

I am a sound engineer out in the middle of the desert, and though I know ohms law and have a soldering iron... I am miles away from an electronics store and I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything and had every part required (including backups) before doing anything.

Saber is already on the way as well, and because of the price of those LEDs, I can't really afford to get a second one or bust up my current one. I basically have bought your exact same setup (but black reptile wrap) but in warrior tier, also because I love that blood orange colour...
I'm assuming (but not until I look at it), that Saberforge has already wired those resistors in there, but I'll have to double check which ones they are, or if its just one resistor across all LEDs.
I probably also have to rewire those connections to link the R-O's and the ambers.
In hindsight I should've ordered an initiate and got the parts like yourself, but I wasn't sold on sound until I did more research on boards...

I can't find it in the Spark2 Manual but from when you were saying that you could wire 3 LEDs into one channel and the remaining in another, that each channel on the Spark can handle quite a few amps?

Final noob question being - between your 3 fonts, the final blood orange colour, is it only sitting at about 50% of all the dies? Because now that I know all 4 dies can be utilized, I'm not sure how the FoC actually works? Is it a voltage bump, so all dies sit at xxx% or so and boosts all to 100% for FoC?
I've watched your video a few times now and it's still ridiculously bright before you hit blaster blocks/lockup

Thanks again!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Custom Blood Red / Orange Oracle with NEC Spark 2 5 months 1 week ago #71230

• Darth Zerus
  • Thank you received: 2
Jas-Ot wrote:
Not to hijack, but I'll be putting up some pics of the Spark2 going into a forsaken in the next couple of weeks, and that will be sitting in a full chassis.

Would love to see some progress photos of that, Jas!
I probably still wouldn't get a chassis for my Oracle as it looks like smaller hilt than most...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• The Wait Begins 4.0 (740 Posts)
    • Quote: 4 weeks into an order for two sabers. Redeemer V2 (weathered) Legacy Grand Master Staff There...
    • Dark Brown Leather Wraps (4 Posts)
    • If it's not as dark as you want, you can always take shoe polish to it. Of course, if it's too...
    • Dark Brown Leather Wraps (4 Posts)
    • Have you thought about buying the wrap from a local fabric shop? That way you can definitely make...
    • FS: SaberForge Fallen (5 Posts)
    • Folks, The Fallen is one sweet saber, especially the way this one has been equipped! $400 is an...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5268
  • Latest Member: JanieLaf
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4693
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 4
  • Yesterday Answer: 13