Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Unique Curved Hilt Saber

Unique Curved Hilt Saber 8 months 2 weeks ago #41054

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1398
Took delivery of this discount Saber some time ago and whilst it is quite pathetic in functionality, appearance, finish and construction (not much positive to say other than it literally sucks ;) ) it works well as a surrogate during the down-time waiting for the anticipated delivery of my Saberforge Sabers.

The name of this Saber although varying is commonly recognised by Va-Cuum Cle'Ner. (pronounced var-coom, clay-neer however it is commonly and quite easily referred to as the vack-cume-cleen-er.

It is light, astonishingly light with virtually no weight to it at all. Handy though as it exerts little effort to mindlessly swing and spin as an attempt to pacify boredom. I opted for a 37 inch blade purely as the blade socket depth equals 7.5 inches. The blade colour is called matte-white Morning Dew. There is an included blade in a high chrome polished finish that measures 35 inches closed and with the built-in telescopic function, can extend to an additional 22 inches. For something a little different, included also is a hammer-head blade tip attachment that gives you an extra use.

Observational Specs:
Even with the gentle curve, the Hilt measures 16 inches long and has a diameter of 1.5 inches. It's of a durable plastic construction in a dual-toned finish of Cynicism Red and Blue-steel matte powdercoat.
1. Lever switch activation.
2. After ignition, it reveals a vented crystal-less chamber.
3. There are 2 recessed cut-outs on 9 & 3 positions (where 12 is the activation) of the Pommel for belt clipping.
4. Pretty basic emitter. No shroud, no anything really. About 70% of this is lost when using the telescopic chrome blade. This section (as well as the Pommel) is powdercoated Blue-steel.
5. The primary Grip section (or rear grip with dual hand wield) is made of a vulcanised rubber coloured in Cynicism Red. Provides great grip, it ain't going nowhere when your hand is clenched around it.
6. High acoustic Wide-mouth Vented Pommel. Not for sound superiority. When startup occurs, this thing sucks!
7. Matte white Morning Dew. Brightness is non existent. Works great during the day but at night time, can't see SH*!. There's more illumination just popping the fridge door ajar. 37 Inch blade because of the deep socket. Please note: There is no blade retention when using a 37" blade. So when using, have to simultaneously hold the blade and emitter to not lose the blade. The chrome telescopic fits tight and securely without any screws.

On a Suck-Factor Scale: I rate this a 7/10.
When there's evil debris loitering around, with use of some mystical force they disappear and there is peace again.
On a Saber Performance Scale: I rate this a 0/10
No light. No sound. No aesthetics. No enjoyment. It's a Chore.
On a desperate boredom pacifying scale: I rate this a 2/10.
By imagining really, really, really hard, I have a saber.

I hope for my ongoing sanity, the wait for delivery is fast-tracked. Delirious was long, long ago. My mind right now is far, far away.

Thank you for your attention. Hope you recognise my feeble attempts of humouring my situation even though the Topic likely intrigued your interest for a Curved Hilt. :huh: :blink: :silly: :S
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rí Dar Kaydis, jonny427, Pegasus, For Tyeth, Eddlyss64, HotRod, GreyJedi73

Unique Curved Hilt Saber 8 months 2 weeks ago #41055

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 635
Hi OvrcAHst,

Real deep (down cleaning) review of your saber sir!

I can see another slight drawback with the design of this saber, that being, you can only engage your opponent if they are within reach of your power cord! :lol:

The ironic part of this is, that unless I can perform some Sith Magic and bring my credit card back to life (like Darth Plagueis' claim of creating life) this may be the way I have to go to obtain my next saber!

Anyway thanks for the laugh!

For Tyeth

Unique Curved Hilt Saber 8 months 2 weeks ago #41120

• OvrcAHst
When sparring with factory sound Yes, there are some slight limitations with advancing positions. However a 10 metre reach ain't a huge disadvantage :P . When I opt for untethered ad-lib sound it really comes down to how far I'm willing to pursue my opponent. Trying to maintain constant hum and swoosh sounds whilst swinging can become tiring. After a little while, sound more like an asthmatic Darth Vader. Had its use, has been retired now and nothing more than a distant memory. :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pegasus

Unique Curved Hilt Saber 7 months 2 weeks ago #47202

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
  • Ruler of the Waiting Guild: Round N Round is the motto, Up and Down will you follow?
  • Thank you received: 122
I'm sorry if my question is dumb, but is this a part of a vacuum clearner or something like that? Because it looks like it haha!

Otherwise if you had a bit of paint to it it could end up being something amazing, that's for sure!
"Honor is a fool's price. Honor is of no use to the dead."

- Custom SaberForge Monarch
- Vader's Vault REV-N Elite + Graflex
- Korbanth Kylo Ren

Unique Curved Hilt Saber 7 months 2 weeks ago #47204

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 504
Yeah, he made it as a joke ;D
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth, OvrcAHst

Unique Curved Hilt Saber 7 months 2 weeks ago #47209

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 635
Hi all,

Just came up with this explanation!

And his father was a vacuum and his father before him!

kind regards,

For Tyeth
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Unique Curved Hilt Saber 7 months 2 weeks ago #47211

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
  • Ruler of the Waiting Guild: Round N Round is the motto, Up and Down will you follow?
  • Thank you received: 122
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Alright, you got me! Great use of my picture! I raise you my hat For Tyeth.
"Honor is a fool's price. Honor is of no use to the dead."

- Custom SaberForge Monarch
- Vader's Vault REV-N Elite + Graflex
- Korbanth Kylo Ren
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Unique Curved Hilt Saber 1 month 1 week ago #67542

• OvrcAHst
DarthTtocs wrote:
Ovrc, your saber sucks!!!!!!!
'U" curve saber is out then since I am by no means a defensively minded Sith LOL.
I still think Im going to pull the trigger after christmas on a second Vanquish and do an "S" curve staff. I imagine if nothing else it would provide you with a ton of leverage to throw some pretty hard hits in.
So what was thought to have gone to pasture wasn't entirely true 'cause buried deep in amongst some random spare parts in the garage, was something hot and something cold and together? it becomes warm.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Unique Curved Hilt Saber 1 month 1 day ago #67714

• Solinbeb
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 16
I've got one like that, except chrome... really old model.

I should upgrade my electronics in it, one still has the EL Wire set-up, and the second has a really basic LED set up.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• ASP parts coming loose (3 Posts)
    • Loctite is excellent, so long as the parts are not exposed to high heat because the Loctite will...
    • ASP parts coming loose (3 Posts)
    • You can glue the part together with Loctite on the threads which is mostly permanent, super glue...
    • Ronin Custom Armory etche... (2 Posts)
    • Picked up this Badaxx off GCS the last time they were available for a whole 6 hours or so. It has...
    • Help me name my saber (3 Posts)
    • Quote: Pics would help, otherwise I would name it Steve. :lol: Jedi? Sith? Both? Neither? Definitely need...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4659
  • Latest Member: CoultiiMilee
  • Total Posts: 49.1k
  • Total Topics: 3687
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 2
  • Today Answer: 5
  • Yesterday Answer: 31