Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 1 year 3 weeks ago #47247

• Master Dain
  • Thank you received: 30
I missed these replies - thanks for the comments!
Darth Vexing wrote:
That's a veritable armory you've got there. With some armor, you'll be all set if we ever run out of gunpowder and explosives.

If you read the Emberverse series by S.M. Stirling you'll find a series that is about exactly that!
Aidzer0 wrote:
That is one amazing collection you guys have, Master Dain WOW must have taken you ages to collect all.

Thanks! It did take a while - about nine years in fact, though the size of the collection has waxed and waned from year to year. The most I've ever had was probably close to 32 but I sold a few recently to buy my wife a computer, and myself a Saberforge saber. :)
Ramaloke wrote:
Very nice collection, I seem to find myself in good company. I have collected swords myself over the years from Japan and Europe styles, even a historical civil war saber. Probably close to 20 now and a few wooden practice blades. Probably one reason that a high quality light saber from SF was such a drawl.

Thanks for sharing!

Anytime! Would love to see pictures of your collection if you care to share. :)
Revan wrote:
Awesome collection my friend! Very impressive. You're lucky to have all that space for swords, Katanas and others. I wish I had that much space myself. Sadly, I have to do with what I have.

That being said, I too have a few swords... Nothing compared to you, but a few hehe. I have a Katana, a Wakizachi, Anduril (Aragorn's Sword, LOTR), the Witch King's Sword (LOTR) and Frostmourne from World of Warcraft:

Nice swords!

The trick is to start slow and fill the space you have. Until I could have a comfortable "man cave" I never would have let my collection grow the way it has. The older you get the more space (and money) you tend to have for these things... it helps to have a supportive wife too!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 1 year 2 weeks ago #49066

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 513
My Humble Pie,',','

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 1 year 2 weeks ago #49076

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1551
:woohoo: Wow =Otto=, Nice Pie! I see you are embracing the Neochrome. Is this a subliminal plant previewing things to come? ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 1 year 2 weeks ago #49078

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
Hah! Nope,this is just Daily pie.

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 9 months 5 days ago #62052

• Master Dain
I haven't updated this in a while - so I thought I'd share my latest acquisition!

This is a Darksword Armory "Wolfsbane," a hand-and-a-half longsword. With a 36" carbon steel blade you'd think it would be a hefty weapon, but it actually handles similar to my Saberforge lightsaber - which is really something considering it weighs more! Good construction makes for good handling.

Hope you folks like it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Solinbeb, OvrcAHst

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 9 months 4 days ago #62201

• jonnys95s10
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 110
Master Dain

You have a very impressive collection! I've enjoyed looking at the traditional bladed weapons that yourself and others have collected. I thought I'd share the few in my collection.

The small display I have as my SHARP ancestry goes back to the British Isles.

My most functional sword a Zombie Tools Zakasushi.

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 9 months 4 days ago #62214

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
That is an impressive collection! I used to collect swords. I have a few custom pieces from Albion Armors (I really like those guys) and Bugei. However, these are the 3 items I like to show because they illustrate what a geek I am (and 2 of the 3 a pop-culture geek). :-)

Red Damascus Katana (it's Chinese made).

Damascus Connor Macleod and Point Gallery Musashi Katanas

And my Factory Entertainment Princess Bride Inigo Montoya Rapier. This went really well with an Inigo costume I did one year for Halloween.

Like I said...Geek factor turned up to 11. :-P

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
Last Edit: 9 months 4 days ago by HotRod.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ic3cold

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 9 months 4 days ago #62217

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 162
Nice collection. If I were to get a sword, I'd try and get Baltimore Knife and Sword (Man at Arms Reforged) to make this:

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 9 months 3 days ago #62242

• Muns
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 120
Some awesome collections you guys! :woohoo:

It's a bit humble compared to what you all have, but here's what remains of my collection.

Last Edit: 9 months 3 days ago by Muns.

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 9 months 2 days ago #62368

• Master Dain
jonnys95s10 wrote:
Master Dain

You have a very impressive collection! I've enjoyed looking at the traditional bladed weapons that yourself and others have collected. I thought I'd share the few in my collection.

Those are some good looking swords! Is that a Hanwei Renaissance Side Sword? Those are rare! How do you like your Zombie Tools Zakasushi?
HotRod wrote:
That is an impressive collection! I used to collect swords. I have a few custom pieces from Albion Armors (I really like those guys) and Bugei. However, these are the 3 items I like to show because they illustrate what a geek I am (and 2 of the 3 a pop-culture geek). :-)

And my Factory Entertainment Princess Bride Inigo Montoya Rapier. This went really well with an Inigo costume I did one year for Halloween.

Those look great - gotta love the Highlander and Princess Bride blades! I'd love to see your Albions too if you have any pics of those.
BoostinIX wrote:
Nice collection. If I were to get a sword, I'd try and get Baltimore Knife and Sword (Man at Arms Reforged) to make this:

I intend to order a sword from BKS soon, they are great smiths. I've handled several of their blades in the past and loved all of them.
Muns wrote:

It's a bit humble compared to what you all have, but here's what remains of my collection.

Nice display Muns, where did those come from?

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 9 months 2 days ago #62370

• jonnys95s10
  • Premium Member
Master Dain wrote:
jonnys95s10 wrote:
Master Dain

Those are some good looking swords! Is that a Hanwei Renaissance Side Sword? Those are rare! How do you like your Zombie Tools Zakasushi?

Thanks Master Dain!
Yes that is a Hanwei Side Sword and I noticed one in your collection. I actually picked it up because it matches the swords in picture and I just really liked how it looked. I really like how it balances at the base of the blade makes it fast and accurate.

Now for my Zakasushi I love it. I thought about the Apokatana but being 5'-8" it seemed big plus that's a lot of steel that was going to be blade heavy. I find the balance to be about 2" up the blade. You can actually use the same grip as on the Side Sword coming over the grip onto a unshared blade section. Makes it very fast and accurate can get more leverage down the handle with the other hand for power. Blade came really sharp and taken what little abuse I've given it with ease.

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 9 months 2 days ago #62376

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
Master Dain wrote:
HotRod wrote:

Those look great - gotta love the Highlander and Princess Bride blades! I'd love to see your Albions too if you have any pics of those.

Thanks! Regarding Albion, I was blessed enough to get a Jody Sampson piece before his untimely passing. As sad thing for sure. If I get a chance I'll throw up some pics of it.

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 9 months 2 days ago #62383

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
jonnys95s10 I've been considering a Zombie Tool blade for some time now. The Traumahawk, and the Hooligan are in the running.

I suppose I could just get the Vakra, which is kind of an amalgamation of the 2.

UGH I need more money!
Apparently Phil is also a fan of ZT, look closely top shelf.

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 9 months 1 day ago #62395

• jonnys95s10
  • Premium Member
=Ottomatix= wrote:
jonnys95s10 I've been considering a Zombie Tool blade for some time now. The Traumahawk, and the Hooligan are in the running.

I suppose I could just get the Vakra, which is kind of an amalgamation of the 2.

UGH I need more money!

I noticed the ZT's in the case when I first started researching lightsabers. I don't think you can get a bad blade from them so get whatever you can. If money wasn't a limiting factor imagine all the toys we would all have!
:woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 9 months 1 day ago #62405

• Muns
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 120
Master Dain wrote:
jonnys95s10 wrote:
Master Dain

HotRod wrote:

BoostinIX wrote:

I intend to order a sword from BKS soon, they are great smiths. I've handled several of their blades in the past and loved all of them.
Muns wrote:

Nice display Muns, where did those come from?

Most were gifts, so I'm not sure, but the sais were on amazon, and the shield was etsy

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 8 months 4 weeks ago #62818

• Master Dain
jonnys95s10 wrote:
Thanks Master Dain!
Yes that is a Hanwei Side Sword and I noticed one in your collection. I actually picked it up because it matches the swords in picture and I just really liked how it looked. I really like how it balances at the base of the blade makes it fast and accurate.

Now for my Zakasushi I love it. I thought about the Apokatana but being 5'-8" it seemed big plus that's a lot of steel that was going to be blade heavy. I find the balance to be about 2" up the blade. You can actually use the same grip as on the Side Sword coming over the grip onto a unshared blade section. Makes it very fast and accurate can get more leverage down the handle with the other hand for power. Blade came really sharp and taken what little abuse I've given it with ease.

There are not a lot of Hanwei Side Swords out there anymore... after their factory burnt down a few years back they discontinued a lot of their more complex european pieces. I got one about six months before the fire and our Pathfinder group bought one of the last ones ever made for our Pathfinder GM... its a great little sword!

I am considering a ZT eventually but that will depend, as always, on funds! Thanks for your opinion on it.

HotRod wrote:

Thanks! Regarding Albion, I was blessed enough to get a Jody Sampson piece before his untimely passing. As sad thing for sure. If I get a chance I'll throw up some pics of it.

I would love to see that. We lost a giant when Jody passed, I see his swords in the classifieds on SBG once in a blue moon but there's no way I could afford them now.

=Ottomatix= wrote:

UGH I need more money!

When I interviewed Phil for the Sword Buyer's Guide a few months ago he listed a ZT in his collection, so I'm not surprised to see it on the shelf! I have to admit right now if I had to save up for another sword or a lightsaber, I'd be browsing Saberforge instead of ZT... maybe I'll swing back to swords again soon. :)
Last Edit: 8 months 4 weeks ago by Master Dain.

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 8 months 3 weeks ago #63214

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
As requested, here are a few pics of my Jody Samson piece. I really like this sword.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 8 months 3 weeks ago #63217

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
I don't really see myself collecting edged weaponry, but I have always been interested in a nice replica of the Witch King of Angmar's sword from the LOTR films:
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 8 months 3 weeks ago #63269

• Neesh Kedoo
  • Thank you received: 14
Haha, never imagined someone would have an Íñigo Montoya's sword replica :cheer:

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 8 months 3 weeks ago #63273

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
Neesh Kedoo wrote:
Haha, never imagined someone would have an Íñigo Montoya's sword replica :cheer:

It's one of my favorites! :-) Inconceivable!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Neesh Kedoo
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• ASP Sabers and more... (1 Posts)
    • I tried posting earlier but I think I failed, so let me try again Here are some of my sabers, mostly...
    • Convention Special Deals (1 Posts)
    • CONVENTION SPECIAL SAVE 100.00! Warrior Saber Package A great consolation prize if you can't make...
    • Themed Sabers (768 Posts)
    • Hi Snakeeyz99, Wow there is a similarity, which is great as I'll never have a chance to see my...
    • First Pictures of New App... (29 Posts)
    • Does anyone know if the Heretic is considered a "thin neck saber"? Trying to figure out if it's...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4827
  • Latest Member: glassjaw
  • Total Posts: 54.3k
  • Total Topics: 4409
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 0
  • Yesterday Answer: 29