Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: My US and MR

My US and MR 3 months 3 weeks ago #43292

• SuUpberSith
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 56
I really hope I put the right pic in?! these are my US DOMINIX LE V4 and on the right MR Vader 2005. Opinions on the Dominix, for sparring are begged? lol. Newb here. Sorry for the blur, I have nerve dmg. So holding anything steady is not going to happen
Attachments:
  • Sabers.jpg (713KB)
Rev-N Elite VV, Dark Ardent VV
Monarch SF, Custom by J. Moll
Weathered Dark Acolyte VV
Korbanth, Graflex, K4
Tempest Elite VV
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by SuUpberSith. Reason: I can. jk
The administrator has disabled public write access.

My US and MR 3 months 3 weeks ago #43293

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 635
Hi SuUpberSith!

Thank you for your comments in "New Members Intro" thread and yes you have the right picture in the right section!

I have heard good reviews of the Dominix LE V4 (and the Aeon silver version) as they have two "Choke Points" above and below the switch. This gives you good options where to grip the saber when duelling/sparring. They also don't have Activation Boxes to get in the way. Regarding blades I'm not sure but you can always change it to one that suits you.

Apart from that I can't say as I don't own one, I will say that, if it is comfortable for you then go with it, and when you have a SaberForge hilt you will be proficient and confident using it.

Hope this helps,

For Tyeth
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuUpberSith

My US and MR 3 months 3 weeks ago #43299

• SuUpberSith
  • Elite Member
For Tyeth, Thanks man. I really appreciate your insight and kindness, to us newbs. And my myriad of IDs' I was Gups and damien, but thought to go SW and silly. So I've been around for a couple of weeks and found like most, " the more you know, the more you realize you don't know".
The US seem good the only issue is that the activation button is right where your hand should be. Being a grab bag though, it's really nice. Now if they had been as cool as SF? Kind of a bad expieriance. As they admitted that they messed up and wanted me to pay for shipping both ways and the fix. I understand the Charge for upgrading it but not the shipping as they admitted and now altered their site to be easier? To be fair part was my fault, as I was too excited. SF customer service is better and more polite, in my opinion. Though 24 days in and they've a ton of e-mails, but are always courteous. IMO
Korbanth, Graflex, K4
Tempest Elite VV

My US and MR 3 months 3 weeks ago #43301

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 635
Hi man of many names!

Yeah a lot of folks take the Grab Bag option as it isn't "too much" money to spend to get into the hobby. If you grip the saber with one hand gripping each choke point, you can position the switch between your hands and the lower hand thumb can be used to switch the saber on/off. Look up pictures of a golfing grip and see how the hands are stacked, and the thumbs extended to give you an idea.

I won't say anything about the US Customer Service as I have no experience with them whatsoever. And believe it or not I didn't have to contact SaberForge when I purchased my Disciple. But have heard Melissa and Kevin and the other CSR members are hard working.

Thanks again,

For Tyeth

My US and MR 3 months 3 weeks ago #43303

• SuUpberSith
  • Elite Member
I tend to have a Hybrid Japanese/kendo and Midevieval/euro style. So two hand is what I prefer, but may be stuck in my head for my 14years of baseball? So it hits right in my palm, but it would go great one handed. So I learn something new! :woohoo:
Korbanth, Graflex, K4
Tempest Elite VV
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by SuUpberSith. Reason: I beeped up 2 times. lol

My US and MR 3 months 3 weeks ago #43309

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 300
The button issue can also be rectified with a bit of modding. The guarded switch can be removed, the switch hole widened, and then a 12mm AV can be dropped into the recessed area, sitting flush with the hilt wall.

My US and MR 3 months 3 weeks ago #43348

• SuUpberSith
  • Elite Member
If it involves sodering, I can't do it. Nerve dmg, so can't stop my hands from shaking a little bit. maybe I can make a trade with someone who can do it?
Korbanth, Graflex, K4
Tempest Elite VV

My US and MR 3 months 3 weeks ago #43410

• schmots
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89
My hands don't shake (sorry yours do). I can't do it because I never learned how to solder.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Which green color represe... (8 Posts)
    • I recommend the use of a photon blade. A lot of cool options there. With a blue LED, you get an acid...
    • Graflex 2.0 ESB LDM|Story... (3 Posts)
    • [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] **more pictures to follow
    • Graflex 2.0 ESB LDM|Story... (3 Posts)
    • [attachment] This isn't the first Graflex to be held in possession and shared nor will it be the last. It is...
    • New Member Introduction T... (2117 Posts)
    • Hi, My name's Ema, and I'm from Italy. I've been a huge Star Wars fan for basically all my life,...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4298
  • Latest Member: emass
  • Total Posts: 44.6k
  • Total Topics: 3251
  • Total Sections: 20
  • Total Categories: 101
  • Today Open: 7
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 43
  • Yesterday Answer: 77