Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: The Photon Blade

The Photon Blade 1 year 9 months ago #44575

• SuUpberSith
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 101
Here is the VV Photon Blade. It is a really bright Green, my e-reader is just better with books. The only downside is it may be a thin as my MR Vader blade and seems brittle as well. So this one is just for looks, but on a 6watt. And a color disc it turned out great. The red blade is a MR
Attachments:
  • ...8-2.jpg (629KB)
  • ...0-2.jpg (525KB)
  • ...5-2.jpg (510KB)
  • ...(1).jpg (612KB)
Rev-N Elite VV, Dark Ardent VV
Monarch SF, Reborn SF
Weathered Dark Acolyte VV
Korbanth, Graflex, K4
Tempest Elite VV
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by SuUpberSith. Reason: oops
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Borommakot

The Photon Blade 1 year 9 months ago #46981

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
  • Ruler of the Waiting Guild: Round N Round is the motto, Up and Down will you follow?
  • Thank you received: 123
The Photon Blade is an amazing thing. I wish there were other blades capable of turning, let's say blue into red and other colors like that. I know it is a question of physics, and I know this process has its limits, so I'm keeping myself from dreaming too much haha.

Thanks for sharing the pcitures. It's always impressive to see the change this blade does to a blue saber.
"Honor is a fool's price. Honor is of no use to the dead."

- Custom SaberForge Monarch
- Vader's Vault REV-N Elite + Graflex
- Korbanth Kylo Ren

The Photon Blade 1 year 9 months ago #47050

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • That guy.
  • Thank you received: 749
Revan wrote:
The Photon Blade is an amazing thing. I wish there were other blades capable of turning, let's say blue into red and other colors like that. I know it is a question of physics, and I know this process has its limits, so I'm keeping myself from dreaming too much haha.

You're not far off. The same way this started after experimenting with a fluorescent green dye, there's a fluorescent orange dye that also reacts to royal blue. If they make another photon blade, that might very well be it.

Also for folks into making their own blades, TCSS just started stocking thickwall Photon Green.

The Photon Blade 1 year 9 months ago #47051

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
I am hoping we see more blade innovation this year. The photon blade is really unique and such a neat idea. Opens the door up to more blade creativity.
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

The Photon Blade 1 year 9 months ago #47123

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
  • Ruler of the Waiting Guild: Round N Round is the motto, Up and Down will you follow?
Another blade that is pretty impressive is the Starlight Blade from SabersZ. I purchased one a few weeks ago, and it was totally worth the money. This thing gives your saber/blade an even brightness from bottom to the very tip of the blade, while increasing the brightness of the overall blade. I will provide pictures later tonight. It's pretty impressive!

- Korbanth Kylo Ren

The Photon Blade 1 year 9 months ago #47133

• yeek
  • Thank you received: 4
Revan wrote:
Another blade that is pretty impressive is the Starlight Blade from SabersZ. I purchased one a few weeks ago, and it was totally worth the money. This thing gives your saber/blade an even brightness from bottom to the very tip of the blade, while increasing the brightness of the overall blade. I will provide pictures later tonight. It's pretty impressive!

I was curious about their blades actually. Do they fit regular SF's hilts?

The Photon Blade 1 year 9 months ago #47139

• Salacious B Crumb
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 43
I have a couple of these starlight blades, and they fit the standard SF hilts just fine. I actually really like their 34" length too, just seems like the right length for me. I even modified one to work with my thin neck emitter hilts, just removed some of the diffusion film inside.

They definitely look amazing... particularly at the tip where they don't have the blank spot most do, and very even light throughout the blade. Best aesthetics I've seen from any brand's blades to date.

The only thing I can list as a negative is that they're not near as durable as the SF infinity blade. I already cracked one of mine right where the tip threads are. Would probably be ok for light sparring, but definitely not full contact dueling.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yeek

The Photon Blade 1 year 9 months ago #47146

• yeek
  • Thank you received: 4
Thanks for the info! I'll prob get one to try out sometime down the line...

The Photon Blade 1 year 9 months ago #47148

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • That guy.
  • Thank you received: 749
It's basically a 1" white blade that's a hair thicker than a 1/16" thinwall. They'll work fine, so long as you're not using a thin-neck.

I imagine a standard thinwall white blade with diffuser and shine-through tip would give similar results, for those DIYers. Most SF reviews I've come across show the sabers getting much brighter with a reflective-tip thinwall blade, at the expense of blade durability.

The Photon Blade 1 year 9 months ago #47198

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
Kouri wrote:
Most SF reviews I've come across show the sabers getting much brighter with a reflective-tip thinwall blade, at the expense of blade durability.

THAT. Getting more brightness in general means losing durability, since you need a thicker blade with a special wall and film to get more brightness. I tend to think the Starlight blade can still be dueled with, as long as you don't hit like a maniac.

- Korbanth Kylo Ren
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Deep blue or Medium blue (2 Posts)
    • https://saberforge.com/products/led-colors Not owning either color, this is the quickest resource...
    • What length blade plug sh... (3 Posts)
    • A 2in should do nicely On the 07 emitter, the bottom 1.5in is for your LED
    • List of inspirations? (9 Posts)
    • Quote: Exhalted - Inspired by Jacen Solo ARES was named after the Son of Saberforge and was a precusror...
    • Deep blue or Medium blue (2 Posts)
    • Can someone show me the difference between medium blue and deep blue? I cant decide and can only...
    • List of inspirations? (9 Posts)
    • Exhalted - Inspired by Jacen Solo ARES was named after the Son of Saberforge and was a precusror...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6256
  • Latest Member: erikaguirre323
  • Total Posts: 62.8k
  • Total Topics: 5279
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 12
  • Yesterday Answer: 31