Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Look at my free grab bag!

Look at my free grab bag! 4 days 2 hours ago #49139

• Darth Crain
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36
Gaelis wrote:
Wow, those are two very nice sabers. What's the soundboard like? How does it compare to SF sabers?

You are one very fortunate person. Very jealous over hear.

Thanks! I feel very lucky..

The Mantis has Obsidian V3 and the Scorpion V4.. The V4 has like 6 fonts.. they sound pretty good. the blaster blocking sounds are nice as well.. I will have to wait when my Exhalted comes back from repairs so I can properly compare them and I will post conclusion here.. take care
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Look at my free grab bag! 3 days 21 hours ago #49159

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 35
It's a good day when you get one let alone two sabers in one day. And the best part is that one of those sabers was free! They both look great. How does the curved hilt feel? Is it odd when trying to spin? The red on your scorpion is amazing. Congrats on your unbelievable grab bag......with sound!
- Light em up

Look at my free grab bag! 3 days 20 hours ago #49161

• Darth Crain
  • Premium Member
Andi-Jae EL wrote:
It's a good day when you get one let alone two sabers in one day. And the best part is that one of those sabers was free! They both look great. How does the curved hilt feel? Is it odd when trying to spin? The red on your scorpion is amazing. Congrats on your unbelievable grab bag......with sound!

Thank you Andi-Jae EL ! It was indeed a very pleasant surprise... Honestly, I never planned to get a curved hilt.. but I do appreciate the craftsmanship of the Mantis, It's beautiful.. It does feel a little weird trying to spin it.. I am definitely keeping it for a while, but maybe in the future I might sell or trade.
The Scorpion is a badass looking hilt.. love it !

Look at my free grab bag! 3 days 14 hours ago #49193

• Savannah95
  • Thank you received: 86
Wow you sure got an amazing deal with what you won as a free grab bag! The Mantis and Scorpion both look amazing! I'm not one for curved hilts either but the Mantis has some nice detail!

I admit that I just got a stunt double-bladed saber from US, the Phantasm V4 since it just came back in stock. I figured it'll be a good practice saber for both double-bladed dueling and dual-wielding (and single-wielding I guess) before I become courageous enough to swing around my SF saber in earnest when it comes in the next month or so. I'll definitely include a pic or two comparing them when I do the review!

Congrats on the sabers and enjoy them!

-Sinister Prophecy, Weathered Arctic Blue

Look at my free grab bag! 3 days 14 hours ago #49195

• Darth Crain
  • Premium Member
Savannah95 wrote:
Wow you sure got an amazing deal with what you won as a free grab bag! The Mantis and Scorpion both look amazing! I'm not one for curved hilts either but the Mantis has some nice detail!

I admit that I just got a stunt double-bladed saber from US, the Phantasm V4 since it just came back in stock. I figured it'll be a good practice saber for both double-bladed dueling and dual-wielding (and single-wielding I guess) before I become courageous enough to swing around my SF saber in earnest when it comes in the next month or so. I'll definitely include a pic or two comparing them when I do the review!

Congrats on the sabers and enjoy them!

Thanks Savannah95 ! I do like the craftsmanship of both sabers.. I will definitely keep the Mantis for a while but I might be willing to sell or trade in the future.. it looks great next to the scorpion.. double-bladed stunt? nice.. I also have a regular grab bag (dark apprentice LE V4) for practice since I am still learning how to spin.. Looking forward to see that review with pics !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Savannah95

Look at my free grab bag! 3 days 12 hours ago #49214

• Prowl
  • Thank you received: 20
That is an AMAZING grab bag win! It's rare to see a higher end hilt like the Mantis go out as a grab bag to begin with, but for it to have sound added is just crazy (grab bags are always stunt sabers, never seen one with sound go out before). Congrats on the awesome luck and go buy a lottery ticket!!! :cheer:

Look at my free grab bag! 3 days 2 hours ago #49233

• Darth Crain
  • Premium Member
Prowl wrote:
That is an AMAZING grab bag win! It's rare to see a higher end hilt like the Mantis go out as a grab bag to begin with, but for it to have sound added is just crazy (grab bags are always stunt sabers, never seen one with sound go out before). Congrats on the awesome luck and go buy a lottery ticket!!! :cheer:

Thanks Prowl! I know right! I will go and buy a lottery ticket too just in case. . I also heard how rare it is to get a fancy hilt as a grab bag. . But when I pushed the button and heard the sound, I was like, this might be a mistake from US .. don't know, ,, I won't investigate lol

Look at my free grab bag! 2 days 21 hours ago #49250

• Ryan-Rising
  • Elite Member
  • *Inspirational Star Wars Quote*
  • Thank you received: 71
Unless there is a special type of grab bag that comes with that offer, yeah, they're not supposed to have sound ever.
I feel like there's someone out there wondering angrily why they got a stunt Aeon instead of their Crimson Mantis with sound.
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.

Look at my free grab bag! 2 days 19 hours ago #49256

• Darth Crain
  • Premium Member
Ryan-Rising wrote:
Unless there is a special type of grab bag that comes with that offer, yeah, they're not supposed to have sound ever.
I feel like there's someone out there wondering angrily why they got a stunt Aeon instead of their Crimson Mantis with sound.

Yeah, who knows. .I am sure if there was a switch or some other mistake, and somebody didn't get their Mantis, US will fix that for them so I'm not too worry about that.

Look at my free grab bag! 2 days 19 hours ago #49257

• MommyHoldMe
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 99
If you had a new employee do your order and give it to you, that would be the greatest luck ever ha.
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darth Crain

Look at my free grab bag! 2 days 16 hours ago #49266

• OvrcAHst
  • Platinum Member
  • Grey - it is OvrcAHst.
  • Thank you received: 318
Darth Crain, Noting the rarity of Grab Bag Levels with the receipt of your reward and acknowledging that they're 'usually' Soundless Stunts, the Mantis isn't from an ordinary Grab bag though right? This was your awarded prize from winning the Spring Raffle with your Scorpion purchase. Great reward nonetheless.

Hey mate, got a question for you. Unless certain specs from US are changed now, Scorpion's got a blade socket depth (from edge of flanged emitter to inner lip of heat-sink LED Module) of 4". Mine's only a standard 2" Plug and doesn't prevent dust from getting in via the horizontal windows (on neck section just above choke). Specific to my plug, when I drop it all the way in (with the neck section above flaring with a larger ID) it often gets stuck. Pretty much just keep a blade inserted until I can get a long enough plug.

Is your blade plug supplied long enough to reach the full length?

Look at my free grab bag! 2 days 15 hours ago #49273

• Prowl
  • Thank you received: 20
Darth Crain wrote:
Prowl wrote:

Thanks Prowl! I know right! I will go and buy a lottery ticket too just in case. . I also heard how rare it is to get a fancy hilt as a grab bag. . But when I pushed the button and heard the sound, I was like, this might be a mistake from US .. don't know, ,, I won't investigate lol

I wouldn't investigate either if I were you, lol. Just enjoy that awesome lucky Mantis!!!

Look at my free grab bag! 2 days 6 hours ago #49301

• Darth Crain
  • Premium Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
Darth Crain, Noting the rarity of Grab Bag Levels with the receipt of your reward and acknowledging that they're 'usually' Soundless Stunts, the Mantis isn't from an ordinary Grab bag though right? This was your awarded prize from winning the Spring Raffle with your Scorpion purchase. Great reward nonetheless.

Hey mate, got a question for you. Unless certain specs from US are changed now, Scorpion's got a blade socket depth (from edge of flanged emitter to inner lip of heat-sink LED Module) of 4". Mine's only a standard 2" Plug and doesn't prevent dust from getting in via the horizontal windows (on neck section just above choke). Specific to my plug, when I drop it all the way in (with the neck section above flaring with a larger ID) it often gets stuck. Pretty much just keep a blade inserted until I can get a long enough plug.

Is your blade plug supplied long enough to reach the full length?

Hello friend. .
Yes, I think I need a 4 inch blade plug for the scorpion. . I don't have any fit it right now. . I have to go to US site and order 2. Not sure if SF sells 4 inch plugs.
Yeah, something especial happened during the spring raffle. . I was a fourth prize winner tier which it says is a grab bag. . But who knows what went down that they ended up sending a fancy hilt with obsidian v3..

Look at my free grab bag! 2 days 6 hours ago #49305

• OvrcAHst
  • Platinum Member
  • Grey - it is OvrcAHst.
  • Thank you received: 318
Darth Crain wrote:
Hello friend. .Yes, I think I need a 4 inch blade plug for the scorpion. . I don't have any fit it right now. . I have to go to US site and order 2. Not sure if SF sells 4 inch plugs.
Yeah, something especial happened during the spring raffle. . I was a fourth prize winner tier which it says is a grab bag. . But who knows what went down that they ended up sending a fancy hilt with obsidian v3..
Let us know if you have success with getting a 4"Plug. I've been sussing it out although admittedly haven't been overly active with the search for a Custom length. The shortfall bothers me so my problem really as it may not be of any concern for you. Oh and what went down is that you scored a Mantis Obsidian v3 Premium Sound! :lol:
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Etsy Sabers added to Main... (45 Posts)
    • Orcas are dolphins, but then again, dolphins are part of the whale family, so your meme checks out...
    • Dummy kill keys (45 Posts)
    • Thanks for the update Kouri, sounds like you've almost got it.
    • Disciple vs Oracle (14 Posts)
    • Quote: My only issue with the Disciple is the forks on the emitter. I have a friend with the acolyte, which...
    • Disciple vs Oracle (14 Posts)
    • Quote: I would say Disciple or Sentinel vs the Oracle. There are pics in the link below and the oracle...
    • Well, the prices just wen... (61 Posts)
    • Quote: -Increased labor costs, 100% employer paid health care plan, 100% employer paid dental and vision...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 3816
  • Latest Member: Grayjediheart
  • Total Posts: 34.4k
  • Total Topics: 2634
  • Total Sections: 11
  • Total Categories: 87
  • Today Open: 5
  • Yesterday Open: 10
  • Today Answer: 116
  • Yesterday Answer: 177