Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Surprise US grabbag for my daughter

Surprise US grabbag for my daughter 1 year 7 months ago #53441

• MusicallyInspired
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 77
She was not expecting it. I let her open the package then told her it was hers. She was so excited! We later took them outside and we had duels with my son who has a Hasbro Obi-Wan AOTC w/sound.

It looks like a Dominix V4 without the emitter windows with a red LED. Came with a 36" mid grade standard blade and I also threw in a standard blade plug. What luck it turned out red, a nice contrast to my son's already blue saber. Getting the same colour would have been a little lame.
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by MusicallyInspired.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr

Surprise US grabbag for my daughter 1 year 7 months ago #53447

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
Nice saber you ended up with here!

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel

Surprise US grabbag for my daughter 1 year 7 months ago #53454

• Vyk
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 24
Very nice! I have a Dominix v4--they're great sabers. Well balanced and very comfortable. Just remember it's hers--don't take it. :D

Be a little careful when your kids cross sabers. The LED strings in a Hasbro saber are much more fragile than even a mid-grade blade, and if things get too vigorous, your son's saber could stop lighting up on part of the blade.
Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated will you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

Surprise US grabbag for my daughter 1 year 7 months ago #53462

• MusicallyInspired
  • Platinum Member
Yeah, they know to be careful. I've explained it to them. On the other hand, he's had that one for a while now. He could be due for an upgrade at some point. It's still got some life in it yet, though.

Surprise US grabbag for my daughter 1 year 7 months ago #53472

• Vyk
  • Premium Member
Also, if it does get broken at some point, you could reuse the sound board. :) I just took apart an Ultimate FX Yoda for that, although I haven't quite decided what the board is going into yet.

Just realized--in addition to the Dominix, I think I have the same saber your son has, too. :D (If his is an Ultimate FX.) I use it as a "standard candle" sometimes when I take saber pics--a way to compare to an established reference brightness. It's particularly well-suited for that both because the LED string lights the blade evenly, but also because the LED spacing becomes visible in faster exposures but not slower ones; if I can see the individual LEDs, it tells me the other sabers in the pic are brighter than if the Ultimate FX looks evenly-lit.

Surprise US grabbag for my daughter 1 year 7 months ago #53482

• MusicallyInspired
  • Platinum Member
Possibly. I didn't see Ultimate FX anywhere, though. Just Hasbro and LucasFilm, 2012. It's made of plastic and has a a string LED in the blade.

Surprise US grabbag for my daughter 1 year 7 months ago #53493

• Vyk
  • Premium Member
MusicallyInspired wrote:
Possibly. I didn't see Ultimate FX anywhere, though. Just Hasbro and LucasFilm, 2012. It's made of plastic and has a a string LED in the blade.
Yup, that's the one! 2012 didn't sound right to me, but I looked at mine, and lo and behold that's what it says.

Hasbro makes three lines of sabers with sound:
  • Electronic Sabers - these are the basic ones, priced in the $20-30 range; plastic hilts; collapsible blades lit at the base; very dim.
  • Ultimate FX - mid-range, priced in the $50-70 range; plastic hilts; fixed blades lit by LED strings that allows even light and an extend/retract feature.
  • Force FX - high-end, $150-200ish; metal hilts; fixed blades lit by LED strings; in comparison to Ultimate FX blades they are longer and the LEDs are more tightly spaced, making them both brighter and more evenly lit.

Basic and UFX sabers use the same sound chip, which is fairly simple and repetitive, as well as the same simple speaker. UFX seem like they might have slightly nicer swing/clash sensors, but I'm not sure; it could just be that they're in a better position in the hilt. Force FX sabers sound better and have better sensors. The most recent version, the Black Series, vary the swing sounds depending on how fast you swing them.

Basic sabers flash on power-up/power-down and also on clash; UFX flash on clash only; Force FX do not flash.

Any of them are potentially useful as donors for sound boards. :)

Surprise US grabbag for my daughter 1 year 7 months ago #53506

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
The black is so awesome! :ohmy:

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Surprise US grabbag for my daughter 1 year 7 months ago #53507

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 356
Awesome! I bet your daughter was on cloud nine all day!! :woohoo:
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
The following user(s) said Thank You: MusicallyInspired

Surprise US grabbag for my daughter 1 year 7 months ago #53529

• Gaelis
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 46
Wow, quite jealous of that Grab Bag! That's exactly what I would have wanted from mine.
Looks like she's having a great time with it too!

My daughter has "bagsied" my Saberforge one when it arrives. As in, when we play, she gets to use that and I use my Grab Bag US. I'm happy with that. I guess...
For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.

Surprise US grabbag for my daughter 1 year 7 months ago #53562

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 569
Parenting win, sir! Inspiration :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: MusicallyInspired
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Deep blue or Medium blue (2 Posts)
    • https://saberforge.com/products/led-colors Not owning either color, this is the quickest resource...
    • What length blade plug sh... (3 Posts)
    • A 2in should do nicely On the 07 emitter, the bottom 1.5in is for your LED
    • List of inspirations? (9 Posts)
    • Quote: Exhalted - Inspired by Jacen Solo ARES was named after the Son of Saberforge and was a precusror...
    • Deep blue or Medium blue (2 Posts)
    • Can someone show me the difference between medium blue and deep blue? I cant decide and can only...
    • List of inspirations? (9 Posts)
    • Exhalted - Inspired by Jacen Solo ARES was named after the Son of Saberforge and was a precusror...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6257
  • Latest Member: erikaguirre323
  • Total Posts: 62.8k
  • Total Topics: 5279
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 12
  • Yesterday Answer: 31