Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Youtube: Review of Vader's Vault Wrath

Youtube: Review of Vader's Vault Wrath 10 months 3 weeks ago #56740

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 445
Finally got some time to do the usual review. Hope you find it informative and fun viewing. Thank you for watching. :)

"I am the Senate"
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Youtube: Review of Vader's Vault Wrath 10 months 2 weeks ago #56964

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1551
Ex66, Thank you for sharing the glory of such a menacing looking Hilt, one that I too am eager to hold one day. Consistently demonstrated to your Video Portfolio and a great follow-on to your initial Posting of the Standard vs. Red Day Blade comparison. If I may, what is the blade socket depth in the Emitter and what is the distance of the blade retention screw position from the pronged emitter edge?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

Youtube: Review of Vader's Vault Wrath 10 months 2 weeks ago #56985

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
Thanks, I did some measurements for you,

Blade socket depth inside the emitter to the opening circumference (not including the prong), about 7 cm (I cannot insert the measuring tape inside)

Center of the blade retention screw position to the pronged emitter edge, 2cm

What plans have you got I wonder? :lol:
"I am the Senate"

Youtube: Review of Vader's Vault Wrath 10 months 2 weeks ago #56991

• OvrcAHst
Thank you Ex66 for accommodating my query. For the Imperial followers, Socket Depth of 2 3/4" and blade retention screw at 3/4", might just work.
What plans have you got I wonder?
Am amidst some planning stages (discussions) for the fabrication of a flat blade (Display purpose) and with the process of crossing T's and dotting I's leading to the eventual delivery of Wrath (hopefully). The flat blade resembles a broadsword and due to the nature of the fabrication and the material used relative to weight allowances, the base stem measures a maximum of 1.50" (which based on your info) will create a shortfall in the Emitter. This 'could' be overcome but the position of the retention screw was where my concerns lay. At .75", should be sufficient to hold the 1" OD of flat blades base stem. ;)

Have another query for you :P . Watching your Video again (as you do) and during your explanation of the Tri Cree LED and subsequent close-up I screen-grabbed this.

EDIT: You commented on VV not having Kill-Keys/In-Hilt Recharge Ports. Ordinarily this is true and limited to their Combat Class. Recharge Ports exist and, when not on the Hilt exterior, are installed on the chassis. Their Champion and Master Class Hilts have Recharge Ports as Standard. :)

VV writes that with Suncrusher the FoC is default White. Did you request a different FoC colour because the third LED looks to be a shade of Yellow (or Amber).
Last Edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by OvrcAHst.

Youtube: Review of Vader's Vault Wrath 10 months 2 weeks ago #56999

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
Thanks for the notes, I never paid much attention to the other classes VV offers. Those are also quite higher priced too.

I noticed that too about the Tri-Cree. I did not request anything special, just the "standard" and it came like that.

Wow a flat blade. I have zero experience with those. Keep us posted with how you go, would like to learn from your experience with them!

Good luck with your Wrath!
"I am the Senate"

Youtube: Review of Vader's Vault Wrath 10 months 2 weeks ago #57001

• OvrcAHst
Yeah they are. I cycled through their Gallery and only later discovered that they were Custom Commissions/Master Class. I noticed you mentioning you got yours just on (or close to 14Weeks), May I ask what Country you're in? I'm sitting 22Weeks going into 23. :dry:

Youtube: Review of Vader's Vault Wrath 10 months 2 weeks ago #57070

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
Nothing to do with one's location, the Wrath is out of stock at the moment. They seem to take an awfully long time given they are a small company.
"I am the Senate"

Youtube: Review of Vader's Vault Wrath 9 months 3 days ago #62252

• OvrcAHst
Ex66, Hoping to troubleshoot something with you. I have watched the VV Instructional Tutorial many times much as I have watched your Video. From one Wrath Owner to another (and since you received yours much longer ago than I) how do you successfully eject the SD Card?

The battery is a solid pain in your ar...mpit to remove but that's another story. The Card Slot/Holder is mounted flush against the Negative position of the integrated battery Holder which is solid plastic which sits on the chassis with zero flex. So short of removing the actual SoundBoard to eject, how do you do it? The first image above is a screen shot from your Video and looks to be identical in installation to mine. You know what I'm Talkin' about Willis?

Youtube: Review of Vader's Vault Wrath 9 months 3 days ago #62255

• SuUpberSith
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 101
I second the above comment, cause someday (I hope) I will need to know
Rev-N Elite VV, Dark Ardent VV
Monarch SF, Reborn SF
Weathered Dark Acolyte VV
Korbanth, Graflex, K4
Tempest Elite VV

Youtube: Review of Vader's Vault Wrath 9 months 3 days ago #62259

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
Ex66, Hoping to troubleshoot something with you. I have watched the VV Instructional Tutorial many times much as I have watched your Video. From one Wrath Owner to another (and since you received yours much longer ago than I) how do you successfully eject the SD Card?

The battery is a solid pain in your ar...mpit to remove but that's another story. The Card Slot/Holder is mounted flush against the Negative position of the integrated battery Holder which is solid plastic which sits on the chassis with zero flex. So short of removing the actual SoundBoard to eject, how do you do it? The first image above is a screen shot from your Video and looks to be identical in installation to mine. You know what I'm Talkin' about Willis?

:lol:

Can't help you, for the simple reason that I don't eject the SD card. It looks way, way, way, way, way too fragile for me to muck around with it. I'm not the biggest sound nerd around, so as long as it has sound with a font or two, I'm happy with it. (I'm more a LED color guy, hence my youtube videos).

The Wrath is still my first saber that I have to manually remove the battery to recharge it. (My ASP on its way will be next). You are right. The battery is ATROCIOUSLY difficult to remove. The Vader's Vault guitar pick they send is useless. My solution is this, and that which I intend to follow on my ASP:

(1) Remove it out the first time, I have read people use a thumb pin / screw etc.
Next step is key:
(2) Cut an electric tape of near exact circumference length to wrap around the battery. Stick it on. Then place the battery back into the compartment after recharging with the tape stuck on.
(3) Next time you want to remove the battery, simply peel off a small section of the electric tape from the battery and use the peeled off part as a handle lever to lift the battery out. Works perfectly, I assure you.
"I am the Senate"

Youtube: Review of Vader's Vault Wrath 9 months 3 days ago #62261

• OvrcAHst
Can't help you, for the simple reason that I don't eject the SD card.
That's a shame. :( Thank you with acknowledging a reply anyway. Agreed the method is sound, RichellM Posted a handy tip that certainly takes the fuss out. This method comes standard with GCS. I'm unsure with the ASP battery holder and whether there's a window on the underside or if it's on a solid sled. If a window is present, having the option to poke it through certainly helps too.

Youtube: Review of Vader's Vault Wrath 9 months 3 days ago #62274

• Muns
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 120
Man that saber is really starting to grow on me!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• My new saber (6 Posts)
    • Ah, cool... didn't know that. I've removed covertec's before on other sabers and replaced them with...
    • Custom Fury (8 Posts)
    • Hi All, The beauty of my design is you can add extra couplers to adjust the length. Thanks have to...
    • My new saber (6 Posts)
    • Yes, it is removable, but then you have to holes in your hilt. I removed the box from mine, and I...
    • Custom Fury (8 Posts)
    • Thank you all for the suggestions and help. I'm still sticking with the original idea so KelbornX...
    • Custom Fury (8 Posts)
    • It would be possible, but electronics would be tight, especially if you run it off of two...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4827
  • Latest Member: glassjaw
  • Total Posts: 54.3k
  • Total Topics: 4405
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 20
  • Yesterday Answer: 12