Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Ultrasabers collection

Ultrasabers collection 3 years 2 months ago #688

• Davidogilvie
  • Thank you received: 15
I didnt find SF until only about 6 months ago, whereas I found US a couple of years ago, so I have several US now, so heres a quick comparison of them:

Dark War Glaive. I bought this originally with a green LED with sound, but have since installed quick disconnects onto a TCSS Red LED and put a TCSS extension in. Its got an ultraedge blade in. Its surprisingly light and with the extra inch or two from the TCSS part lends itself very well to spinning and dueling. Design-wise, I like the claws, but otherwise it is fairly lacking in artistic flare - ie its nice but nothing special.

Dark Standard Issue. This came as a 3rd place prize in US second summer raffle. Essentially its just an aluminum tube with a slanted emmiter. While the design is very basic as theres nothing which sticks out it makes it very easy to spin and duel with, although in the second photo Ive added the war glaive pommel to give a 'buffer' to stop my hand from occasionally slipping off the end, which due to the lack of any diameter changes, can happen. While it isnt necessarily a saber I would spend money on, it was free, so im happy!

Guardian, Nickel Plated, Dark Violet Amethyst. This was the raffle entry which won me the above DSI. This is my favourite US by quite a way - while it doesnt have sound, the design (mainly courtesy of Lucasfilm) has the artistic flare the above two are missing. The nickel plating is also very nice and gives the saber a bit of a darker look than plain silver aluminium. (yes, thats spelt with two i's for those not in America :P ) The LED colour mixing isnt ideal however, as the blade starts off quite blue at the emitter and finishes pinkish-red at the tip. However with the blade plug in you get a purple ring, which looks very cool.
I bought this with a 1.2A recharge port, no kill key, which brings me onto a question: how is it that US offers recharge ports wired so that the saber can be on when its charging, when NO OTHER company does this? Ive not experience problems with mine, although as its a stunt the wiring I guess would be simpler anyway, but im very skeptical as to how good an idea it is to wire without a kill key.. Are there any problems that can arise from this?
Anyway, heres an image of it!

Finally, an image showing the above 3 US next to my SF 12W gladius. It is clear to see that the 12W is brighter as it completely washes out the two red sabers, and is brighter than the purple.

And a couple of video reviews I have done!
US Guardian:
SF Gladius:
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Silabus

Ultrasabers collection 3 years 2 months ago #690

• Silabus
  • I am on nobody's side, because nobody is on my side. Walk your own path.
  • Thank you received: 23
Very nice reviews! I love what you've done with your Glaive. I've only purchased a couple sabers from US before, but the quality is right up there as well, though I don't feel they put in the same amount of effort making things unique (like you said with the dark standard issue.) I have the Aeon LE, and it is wonderful for spinning since it's so lightweight. I'm still getting used to the weight of the SF sabers, since they are quite a bit heavier than what I am used to.

again, really love your reviews. Which sabers do you feel you use more often?

Ultrasabers collection 3 years 2 months ago #695

• Davidogilvie
  • Thank you received: 15
Thanks!
I tend to use the war glaive and the gladius most often - the war glaive because its light and has a good choke point, and the gladius because its a nice one-hander, being smaller than the others. Ive found the standard issue is good for practicing a new spin or whatever as its longer and lighter than the gladius so more room for error!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Disassembly?? (2 Posts)
    • As another new member, I have this question too. Does anyone know what SF uses to glue their parts...
    • Datachron Feedback (2 Posts)
    • I'm surprised they would.
    • Deep blue or Medium blue (2 Posts)
    • https://saberforge.com/products/led-colors Not owning either color, this is the quickest resource...
    • What length blade plug sh... (3 Posts)
    • A 2in should do nicely On the 07 emitter, the bottom 1.5in is for your LED
    • List of inspirations? (9 Posts)
    • Quote: Exhalted - Inspired by Jacen Solo ARES was named after the Son of Saberforge and was a precusror...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6256
  • Latest Member: erikaguirre323
  • Total Posts: 62.8k
  • Total Topics: 5279
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 14
  • Yesterday Answer: 31