Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Vaders Vault RGB Comparison

Vaders Vault RGB Comparison 1 year 1 month ago #57326

• SlamSlayer
  • Thank you received: 11
Vaders Vault RGB comparisons! Pictures with both lights on and off.

So on the left is RGB Blue. Which is actually a royal blue led with a bit of green mixed in to lighten/brighten is a bit.

On the right is dedicated Suncrusher Blue. Normal blue. Which is what VV tries to emulate with their RGB Blue.

One note is the normal blue is considered the best blue for the Photon blade according to VV. Not royal, not cyan or light/sky.

And below those are my old Red comparison. Which is the same idea. Left for RGB. Right for Dedicated Red Suncrusher.

And once again, much like with the red it's CLOSE. So close that it almost looks like RGB Blue is brighter on some of the pics.

They're definitely fighting each other for dominance on camera and its a close fight.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davin

Vaders Vault RGB Comparison 1 year 1 month ago #57446

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 505
Nice photos. Thanks for sharing.

How do the VV blues compare with SF blues, say Deep Blue, Medium Blue, Light Blue? Just out of interest.
"I am the Senate"

Vaders Vault RGB Comparison 1 year 1 month ago #57457

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 608
Ignoring brightness, Royal Blue should match SF Deep Blue. Standard Blue should match SF Light Blue.

I'm personally a bit conflicted on the recommendation for Photon Blades. The Blue LEDs might make for a brighter Photon Green, but I personally prefer the off-white core of a Royal Blue to the aqua core when using Blue.

Vaders Vault RGB Comparison 1 year 1 month ago #57471

• SlamSlayer
I don't have any Blue SF to compare it to. I did do a red though

Red VV Suncrusher on the left, Red 12w+ on the right

Same blade brand, type and length

Vaders Vault RGB Comparison 1 year 1 month ago #57473

• SlamSlayer
Kouri wrote:
Ignoring brightness, Royal Blue should match SF Deep Blue. Standard Blue should match SF Light Blue.

I'm personally a bit conflicted on the recommendation for Photon Blades. The Blue LEDs might make for a brighter Photon Green, but I personally prefer the off-white core of a Royal Blue to the aqua core when using Blue.

Its more for brightness so much as looks. Regular blue produces the brightest photon effect because thats the ideal wavelength to cause the blade to react. Royal Blue is darker and further down that wavelength and cyan/light/sky are lighter and move away from that shade as well.

And while I can't directly compare VV blues to SF blues right now, I can show you mine.

Here's Silver, which is really kind of a light/sky blue

Here's Cyan

And again heres regular blue, well the RGB version of it which is an altered Royal Blue (the only one I cant really show you)

Vaders Vault RGB Comparison 1 year 1 month ago #57491

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 560
Are you using regular blades for those blues, or the new enhanced day blades they put out? I can't quite tell if the blade is blue, or if that's just the light from the other saber shining on it. I got one of those in blue, so I'm excited to see how they look alongside regular blades.

Vaders Vault RGB Comparison 1 year 1 month ago #57493

• SlamSlayer
Those are the regular clear blades. I do have a red enhanced day blade though. Just as bright as the standard clear, but more evenly lit in person to your eye

Vaders Vault RGB Comparison 2 months 1 week ago #74732

• KiakahiSonic7
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 73
Nice photos and blade color. Quick question for you. Do you happen to know what LED Color Mixture produces their Suncrusher SkyBlue and if so, what kind of LEDs are they usin: Tri-Cree or Tri-Rebel?

Vaders Vault RGB Comparison 2 months 1 week ago #74733

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 219
KiakahiSonic7 wrote:
Nice photos and blade color. Quick question for you. Do you happen to know what LED Color Mixture produces their Suncrusher SkyBlue and if so, what kind of LEDs are they usin: Tri-Cree or Tri-Rebel?

SkyBlue = Arctic Blue, so it's Royal Blue / Green / White.

They use Tri-Cree XP-E2.

For some other colors, in case you're interested: TORange is made with R/G/W, Cyan is B/G/W, TFA Blue = Medium blue so rB/B/W, OSPP Purple is R/rB/W.

I can't confirm the following, but these are my best guesses as to what they are: Yellow = A/G/W, Lime Green = G/RO/W, Magenta = R/B/W. Not sure how they mix Pink or Silver, since you can make those shades with other combos. Pink is a faint amount of blue mixed with red, so a Purple or Magenta LED should be able to get Pink as well. Silver can be done with RGB or BBW.
Aeon, Arbiter, Bastion, Consular, Gladius, Phoenix, Resilient (staff), Vanquish, Vengeance, Xiphos (2)
ASP Dark Crusader, ASP Claíomh Solais
The following user(s) said Thank You: KiakahiSonic7

Vaders Vault RGB Comparison 2 months 4 days ago #74831

• KiakahiSonic7
  • Premium Member
KelbornX wrote:
KiakahiSonic7 wrote:

SkyBlue = Arctic Blue, so it's Royal Blue / Green / White.

They use Tri-Cree XP-E2.

For some other colors, in case you're interested: TORange is made with R/G/W, Cyan is B/G/W, TFA Blue = Medium blue so rB/B/W, OSPP Purple is R/rB/W.

I can't confirm the following, but these are my best guesses as to what they are: Yellow = A/G/W, Lime Green = G/RO/W, Magenta = R/B/W. Not sure how they mix Pink or Silver, since you can make those shades with other combos. Pink is a faint amount of blue mixed with red, so a Purple or Magenta LED should be able to get Pink as well. Silver can be done with RGB or BBW.

Thank you for the info. Do you happen to know what soundboards they use (Plecter Labs' Nano Biscotte v3 or PRIZM or something else entirely)? If so, I wonder if they get their diodes from the Custom Saber Shop...

Vaders Vault RGB Comparison 2 months 4 days ago #74832

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 179
IIRC VV's are on the Crystal Shard, not commercially sold. In either case, board maker wouldn't affect LED seller tho. Odds are someone with that kind of volume buys straight from an LED supplier for bulk rates.

Vaders Vault RGB Comparison 2 months 4 days ago #74840

• KiakahiSonic7
  • Premium Member
BoostinIX wrote:
IIRC VV's are on the Crystal Shard, not commercially sold. In either case, board maker wouldn't affect LED seller tho. Odds are someone with that kind of volume buys straight from an LED supplier for bulk rates.

That would make sense. The Custom Saber Shop sells the exact kind of LEDs they use (Tri-Cree XP-E2), so, its possible they get them from there or somewhere else.

Vaders Vault RGB Comparison 2 months 4 days ago #74841

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 266
Yes,

VV uses the CS3 as their standard board. Only select installers have access to that board. It's basically Prizm light, but also has true Deep Sleep like the NB, unlike the Prizm.

As for brightness - the Petite Crouton and the Crystal Focus can have a Color Extender added to them which helps to preserve color mixing and brightness though the life of the batteries charge (and can mix "more accurately"). Other wise the Prizm and CS don't the same kind of current regulation because of the single cell 3.7 volt operation. Reds will typically hold their color longer than greens or blues because of voltage drop when the battery drains (greens and blues run at a higher voltage than reds)

This is generally only an issue on sabers where different wavelengths are being mixed.

As for LED sourcing, TCSS is more of a commercially available supplier. There are other avenues to purchase LEDs - both in small batches and larger bulk runs. I'm not sure where VV sources their LEDs, or if they even have them built in house.

LED brightness is a combo of factors: The type of LED, the wavelength of the LED, The mount of diodes lit, how much voltage and amperage applied to the diodes, efficiency of the lens, blade type, and the color being mixed/presented.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5269
  • Latest Member: RonnieHag
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4695
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 2