Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: VV Graflex TFA Edition!

VV Graflex TFA Edition! 4 months 4 days ago #57505

• SlamSlayer
  • Thank you received: 10
Full Review

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Gorobulus, DK44, ajeekenobi

VV Graflex TFA Edition! 4 months 4 days ago #57513

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 104
Wow! That is a beaut! The sound, the weathering, the color, everything looks great! Congrats & Enjoy!

VV Graflex TFA Edition! 4 months 4 days ago #57520

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 300
That's wonderful! Perfection!

Which Vader's Vault blue was that you featured? How long did you wait since "the first batch"? Was that in January?

Does it have a recharge port or do you need to remove the battery and charge separately?
"I am the Senate"
Last Edit: 4 months 4 days ago by Execute66.

VV Graflex TFA Edition! 4 months 4 days ago #57528

• SlamSlayer
Thanks guys! No recharge port. VV doesn't believe in recharge parts, they're the most common failure point for sabers. So they avoid using them when possible. And me personally im not a fan of them because if youre dueling and at a con, if your saber wasn't made to swap batteries that means you have to be pinned to a wall for a while before you can use it again.

Otherwise thats the normal Blue and yeah this is the January batch. I'm I think the second person to get their Graflex, first in the states.

VV Graflex TFA Edition! 4 months 3 days ago #57642

• Gorobulus
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 41
Great review. I was thinking about getting one of these on the next go around but one thing bugs me about it from your video. Namely, having to squeeze the bunny ears to get the blade in. Mainly because that's bound to weaken the bunny ears with repeated use and I could see them eventually snapping off. But also because its completely not needed to be that way. Graflex's work best with a 7/8 inch blade. Its always been that way. Vaders Vault even makes 7/8 inch blades. So why even bother trying to force a 1 inch blade into it?
Yea they are better for dueling because you can get thickwalled blades more easily, but really, whos going to seriously all out duel with one of these? There are way better sabers for that purpose.
I would still consider getting one but only if I could get it made for a 7/8 inch blade.

VV Graflex TFA Edition! 4 months 3 days ago #57648

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 485
Nice to see the VV Graflex 2.0's turned out well! I got one of the empty kits Korbanth and did a TFA setup as well.
SlamSlayer wrote:
Thanks guys! No recharge port. VV doesn't believe in recharge parts, they're the most common failure point for sabers. So they avoid using them when possible. And me personally im not a fan of them because if youre dueling and at a con, if your saber wasn't made to swap batteries that means you have to be pinned to a wall for a while before you can use it again.

I can understand that. For me personally, I prefer having to open the saber up as little as possible.

Ironically, when I was doing my Graflex 2.0 install I put in a recharge port, but i didn't want to drill a hole into the body for it so I still have to open the hilt up to access it.

Gorobulus wrote:
I would still consider getting one but only if I could get it made for a 7/8 inch blade.

If you get the hilt from Korbanth, TCSS, or Parks (its all the same kit) it will have a 7/8" blade holder. My TCSS 7/8" blade goes in mine without much fight (its still a tight fit), but I have to squeeze the ears to get my blade plug out (the tabs on the inside of the ring that connects the bunny ears is angled in such a way that its easy to get in but not out).

I would have really liked if the 7/8" holder was designed the same way as the separate 1" one VV was selling, which had all the proper holes and channels. The 7/8" has this dual toned ribbed section, that while cool looking, is money that could have been better spent since it is completely hidden and you have to cut a large section of it out anyway to run switch wires into the body.

7/8" (the larger upper threaded hole it came with is also completely superfluous) :

VV 1":
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor
Last Edit: 4 months 3 days ago by Jaden Korr. Reason: not

VV Graflex TFA Edition! 4 months 3 days ago #57676

• Burns3558
  • Premium Member
  • The force is strong in my family...
  • Thank you received: 35
Love that light weathering on a graflex

VV Graflex TFA Edition! 3 months 3 weeks ago #59128

• SlamSlayer
Quick update!

My new clamp card from wannawanga came today

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr

VV Graflex TFA Edition! 3 months 2 weeks ago #59565

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 300
SlamSlayer, I'm just curious, do you own any Saberforge sabers?

Nice photos above.
"I am the Senate"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Anybody Know When ASP Cry... (4 Posts)
    • Quote: Bless you for doing that, sir! Thanks! It's literally what I do around here. ;) B) :side:...
    • Bless you for doing that, sir!
    • Quote: When will the ASP Crystal Chamber, Reveal be available? Last word was that this would be part of the...
    • When will the ASP Crystal Chamber, Reveal be available?

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4545
  • Latest Member: Vis Venenati
  • Total Posts: 47.8k
  • Total Topics: 3522
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 4
  • Yesterday Answer: 29