Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: MKVI-e ROTJ LDM|Story so far.Pt VI

MKVI-e ROTJ LDM|Story so far.Pt VI 9 months 3 weeks ago #60309

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1551

This is not my first Thin Neck Saber nor will it be my last. It is however my first variation of Luke Skywalker's iconic Star Wars Episode VI ROTJ Hilt.

Similarly as other Owners have written of this recognisable piece, the appreciation driven by fascination is very real. There is so much that can be said when holding this Hilt and difficult to do so admiring with awe in complete solitude and silence.. until you ignite the TouchPlate and the sound erupts with life.

Some Specs and Measurements:
Tri Cree Green/Green/White| Crystal Shard3.0| Currently has Episode VI Font| 1" Blade Holder| Blaster Deflection| Blade Lockup| FoC| Blade/Emitter Plug| Tri-Ring| Static-Lit Functional Control Box Arrows| Kill-Key/In-Hilt Recharge Port| Standard Finish| TouchPlate Activation and Auxiliary.

Blade Holder Depth= 0.75"
Hilt Length= 12.00"

Upon pulling the Kill-Key, the Boot Sound is greeted with a lit Red Arrow signalling that Power is active. Once the TouchPlate is pressed to activate the Saber, the Green Arrow comes to life to keep Red in company. The Black Button Greeblies are just that, there for decoration.

An impressive looking Saber with generous Wows. A Welcome addition to My Collection. More pictures to follow.
Last Edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by OvrcAHst.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider, =Ottomatix=, Borommakot, Andi-Jae EL

MKVI-e LDM|Story so far.Pt VI 9 months 3 weeks ago #60310

• OvrcAHst

The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider

MKVI-e LDM|Story so far.Pt VI 9 months 3 weeks ago #60312

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
I'm, generally, not a fan of the Luke ROTJ but daaaaaaaaaaamn that looks good!
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

MKVI-e LDM|Story so far.Pt VI 9 months 3 weeks ago #60321

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
That is beautiful. I like how the ridges of the grenade section looks more rounded. Very very very (yes, 3 very's) nice!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

MKVI-e LDM|Story so far.Pt VI 9 months 3 weeks ago #60353

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1007
I know I will end up with a Prodigal Son, or some variant of it in my collection someday. After seeing what is possible to do with a saber like that, I want one even more! The one I ultimately end up with will likely not be quite as feature packed, but a close approximation will fulfill that desire nicely.

Fantastic saber my friend! You got my envy meter pegging at 11!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

MKVI-e LDM|Story so far.Pt VI 9 months 3 weeks ago #60358

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 285
Awesome PS! Those arrow LEDs set it off! Congrats!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

MKVI-e LDM|Story so far.Pt VI 9 months 3 weeks ago #60370

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Brax wrote:
I know I will end up with a Prodigal Son, or some variant of it in my collection someday. After seeing what is possible to do with a saber like that, I want one even more! The one I ultimately end up with will likely not be quite as feature packed, but a close approximation will fulfill that desire nicely.

I'm shocked as the president of Thin-Neckia Saberdom, you do not have one. But soon you will, that I have no doubt! :lol: We can all agree, they are sweet. I too will join the ranks of those with the ROTJ-esq saber.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

MKVI-e LDM|Story so far.Pt VI 9 months 3 weeks ago #60412

• OvrcAHst
h2,
I'm, generally, not a fan of the Luke ROTJ but daaaaaaaaaaamn that looks good!
:lol: Actually, I don't disagree with you. I have this weird appreciation for Thin Necks and whilst it's difficult not being conscious of the much-hated-box by many it's a Hilt that amazingly grows and the box becomes an equal part and not as an obstruction. Coincidentally as you write 'not a fan of' it is this very same sentiment I have with a later Post of another iconic piece. ;)

HotRod,
That is beautiful. I like how the ridges of the grenade section looks more rounded. Very very very (yes, 3 very's) nice!
Agreed! I actually Ordered this 4Weeks after my (still Waiting on SF Order) as a piece for comparison. From what I could observe of the SF Prodigal Son (will be able to verify in due course) is the way the grenade foregrip is achieved with the chiselled affect. With the MKVI-e, the Silver ridges are tapered where either side leading into the curve is machined resulting in a grip no different to a flat aluminium surface.

Brax,
I dare say you've already reserved a special spot for it amongst your Collection. ;)
The MKVI-e is actually the entry-level version. It's big Brother, the Hero, is actually the jam-packed version that is virtually 4Levels higher with inclusions and in price. This model sufficed for me.

Greysider,
Awesome PS! Those arrow LEDs set it off! Congrats!
Thank you. But to be accurate it's not a PS. Wouldn't want to falsely claim it as belonging to one Vendor when it actually belongs to another. ;) That was the aesthetic distinction I liked. Granted this version B) has the Arrows static, but to the SF PS it functions with more subtle accuracy than having to modify an existing Hilt to attempt myself.

Thank you All. :)
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• My new saber (6 Posts)
    • Ah, cool... didn't know that. I've removed covertec's before on other sabers and replaced them with...
    • Custom Fury (8 Posts)
    • Hi All, The beauty of my design is you can add extra couplers to adjust the length. Thanks have to...
    • My new saber (6 Posts)
    • Yes, it is removable, but then you have to holes in your hilt. I removed the box from mine, and I...
    • Custom Fury (8 Posts)
    • Thank you all for the suggestions and help. I'm still sticking with the original idea so KelbornX...
    • Custom Fury (8 Posts)
    • It would be possible, but electronics would be tight, especially if you run it off of two...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4827
  • Latest Member: glassjaw
  • Total Posts: 54.3k
  • Total Topics: 4405
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 20
  • Yesterday Answer: 12