Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: MKIII-re ROTS LDM|Story so far.Pt VI

MKIII-re ROTS LDM|Story so far.Pt VI 1 year 6 months ago #60969

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1716

Modelled after Obi Wan Kenobi's Saber, this is the third iconic piece with newfound presence amongst My Collection Commissioned from Lord Dottore Matto Custom Sabers (LDM, consistent to Graflex ESB and MKVI-e). Not just a recognisable design for inclusion but because it's a Thin Neck and I have an appreciation (obsession) for them.

Some Specs and Measurements:
Tri Cree Blue/Royal Blue/White| Crystal Shard3.0| Currently has Fates Font| 1" Blade Holder| Blaster Deflection| Blade Lockup| FoC| Blade/Emitter Plug| Covertech Wheel| Standard Finish| TouchPlate Activation and Auxiliary| In-Hilt Recharge Port/Kill Key.

Hilt Length=12.25"
Blade Holder Depth=0.75"

Observations:
I actually love this Hilt and the design elements (arguably) more, as a whole, than MKVI-e ROTJ. The intricate detailing of the flanged Emitter creates a more exciting focal point to the plain finished one on the other. As Thin Neck's go they're 6 versus half a dozen, much the same however with contrast and for contrast the dual toning of the Brass/Copper makes a substantial difference. The grenade foregrip is really comfortable to hold and as the only surface mount is the Control Box (unlike Graflex) there's nothing to obstruct practical wielding. Granted the channelled ridge of the ROTJ grip is by far more comfortable but the intersecting solid Black grenade returns positive aesthetics and comes a close 2nd with comfort.

Single hand grip naturally reaches for the grenade with a two-handed grip caresses the rear over the Pommel with the Control Box inbetween. A classic use of Brass/Copper/Silver and Black. The SwitchPlate on reflective Gold is more interesting to look at than a series of lines resembling a barcode.

Two greeblies adjacent to the SwitchBox are the only things that adorn the area. They're both low-profile and placement is relatively consistent if importance is placed on screen accuracy. It's difficult to observe through the images and might even appear non existent, but as a Standard Finished Hilt it has very light weathering applied represented by knicks/dents/scars that don't detract from the overall appearance.

Yes it has a Control Box, an obvious one at that. Not all sabers are made for spinning however it can be done and perhaps someone more experienced than I can demonstrate it perfectly. Hilts of this design command a different duelling style and that's okay. It's loud, it's bright, it looks and feels like a Lightsaber and has acceptable weight and is balanced one rib away from the Box.

It's a magnificent piece. The only thing I'd change is removal of the Covertech and replaced with a Tri/D-Ring.

**more pictures to follow..
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider

MKIII-re ROTS LDM|Story so far.Pt VI 1 year 6 months ago #60970

• OvrcAHst

The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider, =Ottomatix=, Borommakot, Kered

MKIII-re ROTS LDM|Story so far.Pt VI 1 year 5 months ago #60985

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 569
Beautiful!
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

MKIII-re ROTS LDM|Story so far.Pt VI 1 year 5 months ago #60986

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
I agree that in some ways I too like this hilt over the ROTJ. It's funny how that works since as a kid, all I wanted was Luke's green saber. That is beautiful. Congrats!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

MKIII-re ROTS LDM|Story so far.Pt VI 1 year 5 months ago #61006

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 356
Awesome. That is a beauty for sure. I'm still a fan of Luke's ROTJ over this, but I cannot deny it is beautiful nonetheless. Congrats OvrcAHst!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

MKIII-re ROTS LDM|Story so far.Pt VI 1 year 5 months ago #61039

• OvrcAHst
Thank you All. I don't dismiss the looks of ROTJ because there's no denying the extra detail on the side of the Box with the arrows and buttons (regardless of functioning or not) and the illumination of Green cannot be ignored and arguably trumps Blue in brilliance. It is Luke's afterall and who hasn't wanted to be that generation of a Skywalker? ;) As subjects of visual Wow, it's hard to not recognise Graflex (ANH/ESB/TFA), OWK ROTS and LS ROTJ, just to name a few.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Deep blue or Medium blue (2 Posts)
    • https://saberforge.com/products/led-colors Not owning either color, this is the quickest resource...
    • What length blade plug sh... (3 Posts)
    • A 2in should do nicely On the 07 emitter, the bottom 1.5in is for your LED
    • List of inspirations? (9 Posts)
    • Quote: Exhalted - Inspired by Jacen Solo ARES was named after the Son of Saberforge and was a precusror...
    • Deep blue or Medium blue (2 Posts)
    • Can someone show me the difference between medium blue and deep blue? I cant decide and can only...
    • List of inspirations? (9 Posts)
    • Exhalted - Inspired by Jacen Solo ARES was named after the Son of Saberforge and was a precusror...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6256
  • Latest Member: erikaguirre323
  • Total Posts: 62.8k
  • Total Topics: 5279
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 12
  • Yesterday Answer: 31