Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Relic Wrath VV|Story so far. Pt V

Relic Wrath VV|Story so far. Pt V 9 months 4 days ago #62152

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1551
Relic Weathered Wrath
Some Saber Hilts are remarkably clean and shiny, this is not one of them.

Introducing a painfully long awaited and anticipated Hilt, pictured with Vader's Vault Tee Shirt. Yes, this Saber has that written all over it.

The face of frustration. This Order was placed December 17, 2015 and delivery to my door occurred in no less than 28Weeks. Removing focus on the ridiculous wait, it is as I remained hopeful and imagined, a beautifully ugly Hilt. Like a discovery from an archaeological dig, this battered and beaten crusty Hilt similarly portrays my emotive state during the gruelling wait.

Some Specs and Measurements:
Tri Cree RGB| Relic (Rusted) Weathering| Crystal Shard2.5| Stock Sound Fonts: Greymeat, Darkmeat, Imperial Knight| Gold Amber Lit AV Switch| FoC| Tactile Auxiliary| Blaster Deflection| Blade Lockup|

Hilt Length: 11.75"
Blade Socket Depth: 2.75"
Hilt Width (wide): 1.50"
Hilt Width (narrow/tapered): 1.25"
Weight: 498grams

Observations:
I am pleasantly surprised with the detail of weathering this Hilt has undergone. The simulated Rust (might actually be real), surface oxidisation and discolouration successfully promotes the whole earthy and raw Theme I was aiming for. I like my Hilts (mostly) Dirty and this is exactly that and caters to it. Unlike other weathered treatments I have on other Hilts there isn't a clear coat that has been applied to this so the bare, unpolished, untempered nature of the Aluminium makes it a handling dream. Additional to this it is surprisingly light as it was a Hilt I had always imagined being quite chunky and heavy. It's actually a lot skinnier and undernourished looking, projecting a virtually ghostly appearance.

The raised ridges, spines and cross sectioned accent points are not sharp and from Pommel to Emitter, everywhere can be easily grabbed as single and dual-hand grip alternates and shifts movements up and down. I liken the grip comfort and firmness to my GCS Ascend and having the width at the tapered section of the Body at 1.25" dictates this.

The Lit AV is recessed and creates no obstruction at all and similarly so on the underside with the Blade retention set screw, LED retention screw and recessed mini tactile Auxiliary Switch either recessed into the Body of neatly tucked between the spines that flare downwards from the Emitter.

Last Edit: 9 months 4 days ago by OvrcAHst.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider

Relic Wrath VV|Story so far. Pt V 9 months 4 days ago #62153

• OvrcAHst

Ideally crafted as a Lightsaber Hilt, equally suited as a Flat Blade Hilt. Shown here with an Acrylic Cast Ripper Blade Commission. If you haven't noticed already from my Avatar and Signature, I am an avid War Fan from Darksiders. Whilst not being scale accurate to his weapon of choice, ChaosEater, I wanted something that would still be supported and representative of this fearsome instrument of Destruction. As a scaled miniature, it may best be dubbed ChaosNibbler.

The following user(s) said Thank You: SuUpberSith

Relic Wrath VV|Story so far. Pt V 9 months 4 days ago #62154

• OvrcAHst
^^Buttered Toast
^^Mister Speaker

As I mentioned in another Thread, Red is my Flavour I just can't get enough of.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Borommakot

Relic Wrath VV|Story so far. Pt V 9 months 4 days ago #62155

• OvrcAHst
Admittedly, My Camera usage isn't great and the resolution of images attached aren't Ultra High definition. This however won't stop the Spam.
^^ Red with Flash (Light) | Red No Flash (Dark)
^^ Amber Dark | Yellow Dark
^^ Green dark | Blue Dark
^^ Mint Green Dark | Lime Green Dark
^^ Purple Dark | Magenta Dark
^^ White Dark | Red Dark

Relic Wrath VV|Story so far. Pt V 9 months 4 days ago #62156

• OvrcAHst

The following user(s) said Thank You: Borommakot, SuUpberSith

Relic Wrath VV|Story so far. Pt V 9 months 4 days ago #62173

• Burns3558
  • Elite Member
  • The force is strong in my family...
  • Thank you received: 55
Sickness.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Relic Wrath VV|Story so far. Pt V 9 months 4 days ago #62176

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 537
Wrath is the one and only custom hilt design I've seen outside SF's collection that has tempted me, and it looks SO good in this relic style. You've got quite the taste in lightsaber personalization, Ovrcahst!

Relic Wrath VV|Story so far. Pt V 9 months 4 days ago #62181

• jonnys95s10
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 110
It might be meant to look ugly, but taking something new and making look that aged is stunning takes talent. You have commissioned some works of art for collection. Congrats to another piece of your story! :)

Relic Wrath VV|Story so far. Pt V 9 months 4 days ago #62184

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 113
Love it. Not massively bothered by many of VVs designs, although this with a select few others are very nice, and the rusting does look fantastic. I likely would not want a saber to look quite that old, but from what I have seen of VV weathering, all of it looks really very nice, from the no weathering pristine look right through to the heavy weathering and the rusting options. Feels more... natural than SFs weathering, which I feel only works on very specific hilts such as the Relic, wheras I imagine most of VVs hilts would suit weathering as well as they do the pristine metallic look.

On another note, that ripper blade. Ohhh that is sexy. Absolutely beautiful. The lightsaber blades may look brighter, but that looks truly, genuinely dangerous :D

Relic Wrath VV|Story so far. Pt V 9 months 4 days ago #62188

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
I feel like I need a tetanus shot just from looking at that hilt! :lol:

Very interesting design, and works well with both the Ripper blade and the regular one as well.

As a side note, VV could make a good amount of money if they would start selling those brass AV switches by themselves. Brass/gold 12mm momentary switches are really hard to come by (I'm currently looking at vaping stores/websites that sell mods), and in the VV Acolyte video Shammem and Jordan Moll did together they said VV custom makes those switches themselves.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

Relic Wrath VV|Story so far. Pt V 9 months 4 days ago #62194

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 162
Jaden Korr wrote:
I feel like I need a tetanus shot just from looking at that hilt! :lol:

LMK if you find some Brass ones...
Last Edit: 9 months 4 days ago by BoostinIX.

Relic Wrath VV|Story so far. Pt V 9 months 4 days ago #62197

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 513
Your collection has a broad range, from polished to putrefied. The finish on this is perfect. Oxy-DyzR! :silly:

Relic Wrath VV|Story so far. Pt V 9 months 4 days ago #62226

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Wow, the weather looks so realistic! I would have figured you found that in a treasure chest at the bottom of a shunken pirate ship. It's amazing how much work goes into making something look old. Very cool!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Relic Wrath VV|Story so far. Pt V 9 months 4 days ago #62230

• SuUpberSith
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 101
My friend,,, That is real rust!!! lol.. Sweet saber, wish I got into this early enough to buy it.
Rev-N Elite VV, Dark Ardent VV
Monarch SF, Reborn SF
Weathered Dark Acolyte VV
Korbanth, Graflex, K4
Tempest Elite VV

Relic Wrath VV|Story so far. Pt V 9 months 3 days ago #62236

• OvrcAHst
Burns3558,
Sickness.
Yessir! :sick: I have that affliction.

Borom,
Wrath is the one and only custom hilt design I've seen outside SF's collection that has tempted me, and it looks SO good in this relic style. You've got quite the taste in lightsaber personalization, Ovrcahst!
I felt the same way when I made my selection. There are a few others that form their range that hold undeniable appeal also. ;) This was actually my second Saber Order (following the 4 US Hilts) as at the time, the available range was quite limited. SaberForge was inevitably going to happen but as the range offerings were quite extensive it took longer for me to narrow down my selection. I ultimately started with the must haves and started dialogue with Customs.

As for taste, I acknowledge it's not for everyone and even accept the raised question, "Why make something New look old?". When I saw Wrath the design is what appealed to me. I had envisioned a specific Theme surrounding the design and in it's Standard Finish, wouldn't have been as effective. The premise I was going with was a rustic Hilt belonging to a fallen Master from a forgotten era unearthed from an ancient burial ground or tomb. Do Sabers survive explosions or cremations? This one did. :P I like variety.

jonnys95s10,
It might be meant to look ugly, but taking something new and making look that aged is stunning takes talent. You have commissioned some works of art for collection. Congrats to another piece of your story!
Thank you. Credit to the artistry and creativity by VV. Design aesthetics are measured highly for my criteria to selection. If it works as a dirty Hilt or a clean polish one, it won't be dismissed based on its surface coat.

TheGrandAdmiral,
Love it. Not massively bothered by many of VVs designs, although this with a select few others are very nice, and the rusting does look fantastic. I likely would not want a saber to look quite that old, but from what I have seen of VV weathering, all of it looks really very nice, from the no weathering pristine look right through to the heavy weathering and the rusting options. Feels more... natural than SFs weathering, which I feel only works on very specific hilts such as the Relic, wheras I imagine most of VVs hilts would suit weathering as well as they do the pristine metallic look.
:) Agreed.
On another note, that ripper blade. Ohhh that is sexy. Absolutely beautiful. The lightsaber blades may look brighter, but that looks truly, genuinely dangerous
The initial design concept deviated quite dramatically. There was a weight consideration issue related to the length. The base was limited to a 1" length by the Fabricator so couldn't remain true to the actual dimensions of ChaosEater even on a miniature scale. The end result, ultimately meant tapering off a lot of the blades girth. The dangerous part really is being conscious of surrounding objects during swings. Unlike the SF Blades (both tubular and axe type) duelling is not an option with this and would shatter like a piece of finely tempered chocolate.

Jaden Korr,
I feel like I need a tetanus shot just from looking at that hilt!
:lol: There are times when cleanliness is important just as there are times when it's not and you simply go nuts with exposure to things that may potentially harm you.
Very interesting design, and works well with both the Ripper blade and the regular one as well.
Agreed and not without appropriate levels of nervousness going forward with it.
As a side note, VV could make a good amount of money if they would start selling those brass AV switches by themselves. Brass/gold 12mm momentary switches are really hard to come by (I'm currently looking at vaping stores/websites that sell mods), and in the VV Acolyte video Shammem and Jordan Moll did together they said VV custom makes those switches themselves.
Agreed. My only concern is availability of Parts and the time lapsed when stock required for refilling.

Otto,
Your collection has a broad range, from polished to putrefied. The finish on this is perfect. Oxy-DyzR! :silly:
:lol: Sounds like the name of medication I should be on for the sickness that I have. Like a packet of skittles, it's a party mix of Hilt Finishes. Would you be equally content if said packet of skittles contained only one colour? :P

HotRod,
Wow, the weather looks so realistic! I would have figured you found that in a treasure chest at the bottom of a shunken pirate ship. It's amazing how much work goes into making something look old. Very cool!
Close and quite possible to the backstory I was going with up top in Borom's reply. :)

SuUpberSith,
My friend,,, That is real rust!!! lol.. Sweet saber, wish I got into this early enough to buy it.
Thanks Mate and I will take your word for it. Wonder if I should lick it to taste if it's genuine? :blink: While I hope you have success with getting one (eventually) what I don't wish for is a similar wait of endurance for delivery to occur.

Thank you all for looking in and commenting where you have. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jonnys95s10

Relic Wrath VV|Story so far. Pt V 9 months 3 days ago #62237

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 285
Aged to perfection. Beauty and Beast combined into a single hilt. Amazing saber OvrcAHst. Congrats.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Relic Wrath VV|Story so far. Pt V 9 months 3 days ago #62238

• OvrcAHst
Greysider wrote:
Aged to perfection. Beauty and Beast combined into a single hilt. Amazing saber OvrcAHst. Congrats.
Thank you. :lol: Unlike the maturity of an aged bottle of wine with special vintage, it's more like finding loose change under the driver's seat fumbling for change at the toll booth, Gold! :cheer:

Relic Wrath VV|Story so far. Pt V 9 months 3 days ago #62240

• Darth Crain
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 71
What a great looking work of art! Congrats!!! just beautiful.... bonus points for using the Pulp Fiction reference :)

Relic Wrath VV|Story so far. Pt V 9 months 3 days ago #62243

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1007
That saber is an ancient beast that can be equally deadly with, or without the blade being ignited!

Congrats man!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Relic Wrath VV|Story so far. Pt V 9 months 3 days ago #62250

• OvrcAHst
Darth Crain,
What a great looking work of art! Congrats!!! just beautiful.... bonus points for using the Pulp Fiction reference :)
Thank you. ;)

Brax,
That saber is an ancient beast that can be equally deadly with, or without the blade being ignited!

Congrats man!
Thank you. Remember to wash your hands before and after play and this beast will only purr like a kitten. :cheer:
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by OvrcAHst.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Convention Special Deals (1 Posts)
    • CONVENTION SPECIAL SAVE 100.00! Warrior Saber Package A great consolation prize if you can't make...
    • Themed Sabers (768 Posts)
    • Hi Snakeeyz99, Wow there is a similarity, which is great as I'll never have a chance to see my...
    • First Pictures of New App... (29 Posts)
    • Does anyone know if the Heretic is considered a "thin neck saber"? Trying to figure out if it's...
    • First Pictures of New App... (29 Posts)
    • I'm going Prodigy medium blue and Talon deep red ;o Still getting me a cyan Bastion though as well....

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4827
  • Latest Member: glassjaw
  • Total Posts: 54.3k
  • Total Topics: 4408
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 0
  • Yesterday Answer: 29