• Page:

TOPIC: Master Caliburn JQS|Story so far.Pt IX

Master Caliburn JQS|Story so far.Pt IX 8 months 2 weeks ago #63397

• Darth Nelo Angelo
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 38
OvrcAHst wrote:
Hey, Congratulations with the Purchase.
I kind of like the sound (as you describe without actually previewing it) of the Pro Qui Font, is that from Saberfont or is it from an independent source? Admittedly, haven't visited the Saberfont site for ages. :woohoo: Oh, the Green illumination of a B/B/W through a Photon is brilliant. You definitely won't be disappointed with the result.

Yeah, I can imagine with the Shipping Cost from USA Purchases for you and then to be liable for Import Tax for the incoming package. Still though, with the currency conversions you're still paying less. I mean say $20USD is approximately equivalent to about $15GBP. Even with the likely Import Tax and conversion fees the expenditure is still closer to the 1:1 ratio of the scale then say USD to AUD (same scenario $20USD= about $27AUD). :P

JQ actually has Coloured Day Blades but am uncertain of the wall thickness and duel-ability, which noted, doesn't compare to a Photon. I don't know if the 'Photon' is trademarked to VV however JQ is selling a Masters Special that comes with a Photon. The Hilt is either Standard Silver or with Purple Accents. I would imagine it'd only be a matter of time that an independent Photon Blade would be available and mixed in with their Blades Options.

Yeah, Obfuscator is pretty darned impressive. I get chills every time watching the Video and definitely agree with your observation, it is very KnightRider-esque. :cheer: Apart from the Original Series with The Hoff and the Pontiac Trans Am, I favoured the remake Series (think it might have been 2008?) where KITT was a ShelbyGT500KR. Much more impressive car IMHO. I dreamt about that car often when I first saw it and it remains a Dream car as my ride one day. For now though, I happily stick with my Japanese Import. :P

So my queries into my Masters returned some developments. Quest and Valiant is the same Hilt (as a shell). Quest features a single AV and Pico Board where Valiant features dual AV and (now) Crystal Shard3.0. The Level i.e. Master/Apprentice is the defining separator. Mine was a hybrid/Custom as it occurred during the transition of their range. Guess I was lucky to get a Petit Crouton3.5, powdercoated finish and LED setup but between the two (on Plecter's Board comparison) there isn't much between them. I'm still waiting for verification but my Apprentice should slot between their Pilgrim and Quest Range. :)

I'm debating where to get the day blade from. Like you, I have no frame of reference for the JQ day blades. All I have seen is the VV ones and now the SF day blades on Etsy.

Once I am done with buying sabers (yeh right..!! You wish) I will look into getting some day blades. Maybe when the £ is a bit stronger.

The Pro Qui font I heard on the JQ Pro Qui Saber on YouTube. KillSythe I think? The original font is by Lord Blako. Not sure, but it should be on Saberfont.com.

Ok. So I made the right choice of hilt. I wanted the 'bigger brother' of my Quest hilt.

Ooh. I preferred the Hoff and the Pontiac.. Better storylines :P
" The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.”
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Master Caliburn JQS|Story so far.Pt IX 8 months 2 weeks ago #63400

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1551
Darth Nelo Angelo wrote:

I'm debating where to get the day blade from. Like you, I have no frame of reference for the JQ day blades. All I have seen is the VV ones and now the SF day blades on Etsy.

Once I am done with buying sabers (yeh right..!! You wish) I will look into getting some day blades. Maybe when the £ is a bit stronger.

The Pro Qui font I heard on the JQ Pro Qui Saber on YouTube. KillSythe I think? The original font is by Lord Blako. Not sure, but it should be on Saberfont.com.

Ok. So I made the right choice of hilt. I wanted the 'bigger brother' of my Quest hilt.

Ooh. I preferred the Hoff and the Pontiac.. Better storylines :P
I don't have any JQ Blades for measure of comparison only because I forfeited its inclusion, for easier Shipping (smaller package) and as it takes any standard 1" OD, I've got more Blades for my own good as it is. I'll pull out the scales if you'd like me to, from user experience, the heaviest are the Infinity V4s followed closely by TCSS. These work for SF Hilts as the weight is more balanced from Hilt to Blade Tip. As JQs are considerably lighter (as a Hilt), the top-heaviness that results is considerably worse than a SF Hilt with a 37" Blade. I tend to swing with VV's in the JQ. Illumination between them is relative.

There's always the Xmas in July Promo. 10% is 10% off. I picked up a few Day Blades from this recently however the Shipping is a little undesirable.

Thanks, will do a search for the Font Preview. There's a bit of variety with available ignition sounds at the moment so whilst I've shortlisted a few I'd like to get, am preferring to fully explore colour and brightness manipulation first before I start to finalise Font customisation.

I'm sure your selection is a great one. Besides, there's always.. well.. the next one after that. :P

I remember watching the Original back in the day and was quite involved. Full disclosure with the remake though, storyline and dialogue is just background noise. Focus is on the car. :lol:

Master Caliburn JQS|Story so far.Pt IX 8 months 2 weeks ago #63401

• Darth Nelo Angelo
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 38
OvrcAHst wrote:
I don't have any JQ Blades for measure of comparison only because I forfeited its inclusion, for easier Shipping (smaller package) and as it takes any standard 1" OD, I've got more Blades for my own good as it is. I'll pull out the scales if you'd like me to, from user experience, the heaviest are the Infinity V4s followed closely by TCSS. These work for SF Hilts as the weight is more balanced from Hilt to Blade Tip. As JQs are considerably lighter (as a Hilt), the top-heaviness that results is considerably worse than a SF Hilt with a 37" Blade. I tend to swing with VV's in the JQ. Illumination between them is relative.

There's always the Xmas in July Promo. 10% is 10% off. I picked up a few Day Blades from this recently however the Shipping is a little undesirable.

Thanks, will do a search for the Font Preview. There's a bit of variety with available ignition sounds at the moment so whilst I've shortlisted a few I'd like to get, am preferring to fully explore colour and brightness manipulation first before I start to finalise Font customisation.

I'm sure your selection is a great one. Besides, there's always.. well.. the next one after that. :P

I remember watching the Original back in the day and was quite involved. Full disclosure with the remake though, storyline and dialogue is just background noise. Focus is on the car. :lol:

Oh yeh. It was always about the car. And you are right. I did like the new KITT and KARR models. Storyline was just.. meh..

That's ok about weighing up the hilts. I too have more than I need. Got a 37" Infinity V4 and some US blades. They will do.

Yeh, shipping blades via Etsy is expensive. It just doubles up the cost. I can wait for blades.

The next one after that..?? Unfortunately my wife is not weak minded so a jedi mind trick wont work on her.. I don't even think she realizes I have 10 so far.. I will keep that to myself. Although, I could always ship them to my work address... hmmmmm.

I also have a shortlist of fonts :) Just waiting for the sabers to come back to me so that I can install them. None of the good ones work on the archaic US Obsidian board..
" The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.”
Last Edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by Darth Nelo Angelo.

Master Caliburn JQS|Story so far.Pt IX 8 months 2 weeks ago #63430

• OvrcAHst
Darth Nelo Angelo wrote:
Oh yeh. It was always about the car. And you are right. I did like the new KITT and KARR models. Storyline was just.. meh..

That's ok about weighing up the hilts. I too have more than I need. Got a 37" Infinity V4 and some US blades. They will do.

Yeh, shipping blades via Etsy is expensive. It just doubles up the cost. I can wait for blades.

The next one after that..?? Unfortunately my wife is not weak minded so a jedi mind trick wont work on her.. I don't even think she realizes I have 10 so far.. I will keep that to myself. Although, I could always ship them to my work address... hmmmmm.

I also have a shortlist of fonts :) Just waiting for the sabers to come back to me so that I can install them. None of the good ones work on the archaic US Obsidian board..
I actually meant weighing up the Blades but all good. ;)
Influencing Mind Tricks by waving hand gestures unlikely if she is strong with the Force, unless she's strapped to a chair and interrogated to submission Kylo/Rey-style.. :whistle: :lol: Here's hoping Mrs DNA doesn't catch up on Forum reading during down time. It actually makes sense with why there are so many SW Themed Offices, it's to spread out the visible count of ones Collection. :P

My firsts were Obsidian's but only the Lites and at the time that sufficed and now still do for what they are and can/cannot do. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darth Nelo Angelo

Master Caliburn JQS|Story so far.Pt IX 8 months 2 weeks ago #63436

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
OvrcAHst wrote:
HotRod wrote:
I REALLY liked this one and wondered in my head how long it would be until we saw a saber in Iron Man colors. I am digging this one a lot. :-)

That Ronald McDonald is disturbing, ha. I do not like clowns. :ohmy:
Thanks HotRod, However the nod of appreciation for a True IronMan Themed Hilt is Iron Phoenix by Lord Callous. Glorious with shiny goodness. I preferred a matte finish on the Body as a high-handling area because it's used as a dueller. The shiny ones in my Collection are a little on the slippery side and I don't want to imagine the crushing feeling if any battle damage were sustained to them. :lol: Yeah Mad Onald. Agreed that clowns invoke fear but a sinister looking depiction just seems more fitting for a Red blade rather than a pop of confetti when igniting the Saber. :P My first thought of play was Hot Rod Red but I omitted because it was perceived as a single-out of you.

HAHA, there's nothing wrong with Hot Rod red. It's a compliment and one of my favorite colors. :lol: I think you should have gone for it.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Master Caliburn JQS|Story so far.Pt IX 8 months 2 weeks ago #63441

• Nostrodummies
  • Never heard, hardly seen, and my results are legend.
  • Thank you received: 9
I've always favored a clawed hilt (hence why I ordered the Black Lotus ), however the clean, comfortable, simplicity of this hilt is rather appealing. A fine saber over all. I actually didn't think it would look right with a red blade, but I sit here corrected. It's a light side saber that can have a slight darkside edge to it. Really nice.
As kids we all want to to be Jedi. It's only when we grow up we realize that the Sith are much cooler.

Master Caliburn JQS|Story so far.Pt IX 8 months 2 weeks ago #63456

• OvrcAHst
Nostrodummies wrote:
I've always favored a clawed hilt (hence why I ordered the Black Lotus ), however the clean, comfortable, simplicity of this hilt is rather appealing. A fine saber over all. I actually didn't think it would look right with a red blade, but I sit here corrected. It's a light side saber that can have a slight darkside edge to it. Really nice.
Thank you. The Black Lotus is rather unique with the combined use of the alternating Viper and venom Claws. Aesthetically, very effective however consistent to many Clawed Hilts when not just for viewing pleasure, you'd be removing the Claws for any attempts at duelling. Personally haven't completely embraced claw heavy designs, granted I have a single claw Crimson Scorpion, tri-extended claw Raven and tri clawed Reborn but this unique appearance only appeals to me with certain Hilts. Similarly, am not a fan of Bane or Assassin and even with two-prong forked emitters (shrouds), are only applicable to some.

For me, some Hilts are universally acceptable with differing LEDs and others that cry a single colour only. I couldn't imagine this Hilt with Blue (or the variants of it) so went with the RGA Setup rather the RGB. The Darkside edge is fun right now, especially with achieving a result never thought of prior with using different coloured Day Blades. :)

Master Caliburn JQS|Story so far.Pt IX 8 months 2 weeks ago #63463

• SuUpberSith
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 101
OvrcAHst where is your group saber pic?? I want to see the whole insanely cool madness on hilts.. Maybe a new Thread/competition who has the biggest and nicest collection! Starkiller Vs. IronmanVs???

Very cool saber my friend, I was going to get that from them but had connection issues
Rev-N Elite VV, Dark Ardent VV
Monarch SF, Reborn SF
Weathered Dark Acolyte VV
Korbanth, Graflex, K4
Tempest Elite VV

Master Caliburn JQS|Story so far.Pt IX 8 months 2 weeks ago #63496

• OvrcAHst
SuUpberSith wrote:
OvrcAHst where is your group saber pic?? I want to see the whole insanely cool madness on hilts..

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuUpberSith
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Convention Special Deals (1 Posts)
    • CONVENTION SPECIAL SAVE 100.00! Warrior Saber Package A great consolation prize if you can't make...
    • Themed Sabers (768 Posts)
    • Hi Snakeeyz99, Wow there is a similarity, which is great as I'll never have a chance to see my...
    • First Pictures of New App... (29 Posts)
    • Does anyone know if the Heretic is considered a "thin neck saber"? Trying to figure out if it's...
    • First Pictures of New App... (29 Posts)
    • I'm going Prodigy medium blue and Talon deep red ;o Still getting me a cyan Bastion though as well....

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4827
  • Latest Member: glassjaw
  • Total Posts: 54.3k
  • Total Topics: 4408
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 0
  • Yesterday Answer: 29