Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Heavy Flex v2.0

Heavy Flex v2.0 8 months 1 week ago #64104

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 287
It has been a long wait but patience prevailed. VV's adapter became available just the other week and was able to sneak in the request. I was originally going to get the ANH config but after much deliberation I went with the ESB as its been a fave since childhood.

Korbanth Graflex 2.0
ESB Configuration (included the glass eye so I can switch to the TFA configuration)
Sloth Furnace ESB Card with card (not button) activation
Luxeon Royal Blue/Cyan mix with White FoC
Custom boot sounds on an NBv3
and a Vaders Vault 1" blade adapter! B)

all built by the one and only…

Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by NeBosa.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Greysider, DK44

Heavy Flex v2.0 8 months 1 week ago #64107

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 285
Beautiful. Simply beautiful. Shameem's work speaks for itself. Congrats.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
The following user(s) said Thank You: NeBosa

Heavy Flex v2.0 8 months 1 week ago #64108

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 445
One word: perfection.

I watched that video. I am waiting in pain for mine (ordered VV Flex ESB, will take over six months). The "bunny ears" grinding option seems the right way to go. If you can, then please do a photo or two of how much apart the ears look when the 1" industry standard size blade is inserted. The video shows it well, but just in case if you are planning to take photos. I also opted for that Slothfurnace clamp card ESB Gold :P
"I am the Senate"

Heavy Flex v2.0 8 months 1 week ago #64113

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1551
Hey Mate, Great addition to Lair of Grievous ;), couldn't help but have my own ESB Graflex in hand watching the Video. Switch Plate Activation and Auxiliary Rocks but then having never held a button activation and greeblie auxiliary for comparison I might be biased.
:lol: This is the weapon of Joe Mamma.. :lol:
Interesting colour configuration with Rb/Cyan/White too. Certainly mixes things up from a BBW. Hey, am curious: What guided you to go with the 1" Blade Holder Adapter rather than stay with the stock 7/8"?

EDIT:
Wonder which of the two roads is longer. Ordering a Korbanth/Parks Graflex2.0 build with 1" Blade conversion from VV direct or going (the presumed route as you) empty with separately sourced parts and built by Shameem? :huh:
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by OvrcAHst.

Heavy Flex v2.0 8 months 1 week ago #64115

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Damn NeBosa that is frickin awesome! VV's graflexes are beautiful. Congrats man!

Heavy Flex v2.0 8 months 1 week ago #64117

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
Vaders Vault 1" blade adapter!
This thing is a dog to install. I'm using a Darth Ryo chassis that he designed specifically for this adaptor and it barely fits. Gonna have to sand the chassis down a bit and lube it up to get it in (calling Dr. Freud).
Wonder which of the two roads is longer. Ordering a Korbanth/Parks Graflex2.0 build with 1" Blade conversion from VV direct or going (the presumed route as you) empty with separately sourced parts and built by Shameem?
The adaptor and the hilt are both sold out from VV and the 2.0 is no longer in production from Korbanth so it's likely that VV 2.0 products (and the 2.0 in general) are about to become very scarce. To my knowledge Shameem is still a ways away from opening up commissions again. As much as I like Shameem there are other options out there.
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by h2soy.

Heavy Flex v2.0 8 months 1 week ago #64121

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1551
h2soy wrote:
The adaptor and the hilt are both sold out from VV and the 2.0 is no longer in production from Korbanth so it's likely that VV 2.0 products (and the 2.0 in general) are about to become very scarce. To my knowledge Shameem is still a ways away from opening up commissions again. As much as I like Shameem there are other options out there.
Yeah agreed. Those VV Flex Hilts and Bore are in high demand and go as quick as they are released. I want to say I recall reading something about the 2.0's as well (but can't remember where :huh: ) It was more an exercise of leadtime comparisons. Noted there are other options, personally went the LDM route myself and as much as a Graflex is awesome to have, can't foresee myself getting another. ;)

Heavy Flex v2.0 8 months 1 week ago #64122

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 585
TCSS posted on Facebook that they're still working on their own 1" adapter, so that should be an option~ eventually.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuUpberSith

Heavy Flex v2.0 8 months 1 week ago #64128

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 162
Hah! Didn't know that was yours when I watched it.

I had originally wanted one of the adapters, but after hearing what a bish it is to convert, it's not worth it for a non-dueler. I can live with the 7/8'ths :P

Awesome saber either way.

Heavy Flex v2.0 8 months 1 week ago #64131

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
First off I'd like to thank you all for the warm comments.

To answer some of the questions..

- I went with the Royal blue, Cyan and white as it was just something Shameem had on hand so I went with it after a moment to think on it. I was originally going to do Arctic blue, but then it wouldn't of had FoC which is something I decided that I wanted. I could have waited about a week more to get the cree B-B-W. but decided that what he had on hand was unique in combination but still would suite the saber.
- The lead time wasn't any different truthfully in comparison to Parks or VV. I had this hilt in January, sent it to Shameem late Feb.
- I went with the 1" as I just really like the SF v4 blades and have quite a few of them already. I'm not huge on the VV blades as I've had a few and just didn't want the extra wobble a 7/8s blade would have. So it was just a personal preference for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Heavy Flex v2.0 8 months 1 week ago #64135

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
I have that RbCW in my Phoenix ;) He picks some winners. The Amber Red-Orange White is in my Bastion, and the Lime-Green-White is in my Ka'tano. He knows his combos.

If I didn't already have the chassis in hand for the 2.0, I might consider the VV. Ah well. Always mod room down the road ;)

Heavy Flex v2.0 8 months 1 week ago #64138

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 585
If the color separation becomes an issue for you down the road, you should be able to get the same color from a Luxeon BBW - lighter than Cree Blue/SF Light Blue, almost-but-not-quite an Arctic Blue.
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by Kouri.

Heavy Flex v2.0 8 months 1 week ago #64142

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
h2soy wrote:

The VV adapter is indeed in stock again ;) (At least it lets you hit Add to Cart, which was never there before.

Heavy Flex v2.0 8 months 1 week ago #64143

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
The adapter and chassis are separate parts.
The adapter is for the blade socket section and the chassis as you know would be for the electronics

Heavy Flex v2.0 8 months 6 days ago #64245

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Congrats, Man! I saw that on youtube the other day and looked on with envy. :-)

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Convention Special Deals (2 Posts)
    • Woot woot! Just got a V1 Prodigy in green. Looking forward to doing a review on it!
    • ASP Sabers and more... (3 Posts)
    • Hi Darth Bahn, Thanks for sharing your collection with us! That's quite a haul you have. I am...
    • Your collection is large, been at it for a while? The ASP hilts are Fan-Dazzle. Is that factory...
    • I tried posting earlier but I think I failed, so let me try again Here are some of my sabers, mostly...
    • Convention Special Deals (2 Posts)
    • CONVENTION SPECIAL SAVE 100.00! Warrior Saber Package A great consolation prize if you can't make...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4827
  • Latest Member: glassjaw
  • Total Posts: 54.3k
  • Total Topics: 4409
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 3
  • Yesterday Answer: 29