Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: V3 Luke ROTJ LDM|Story so far. Pt VI

V3 Luke ROTJ LDM|Story so far. Pt VI 7 months 2 days ago #66483

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1551

V3 Luke ROTJ (Parks Arc Wave Conversion) Multicolour GBW

What started its Origins as Top Left from Park Sabers, then began a series of disfigurements, Neck trimming and Bore widening and started to take shape with Top Right. What ultimately became as the completed result are the images that will follow the remainder of this little share.

A little Trivia surrounding the V3 as sourced by the Creator. I really don’t know too much about it to question its accuracy however I remain convinced as it seems plausible.

The Luke V3, also known as the “Luke/Obi Shared Stunt”. It, along with the Yuma variant, is one of the lesser known versions of Luke’s ROTJ saber. The V2 generally gets the most press as it is the version shown predominately onscreen, and the Hero’s popularity is right along beside it. However, we mustn’t forget all the important other sabers that make up the ROTJ saber family. In fact, the V3 is just as important as the V2, just in different ways.

1. It is cast out of the same mold as the V2.
2. It’s a another left over stunt saber that Alec Guiness used in ANH.
3. Although we all know that the “Hero” Obi saber was made up from various parts, for the stunt saber all that was needed was a similar looking hilt, but the details didn’t need to be exact to the prop – hence the V2 and V3’s similarities to the Obi ANH.
4. It’s paint job is that of the Hero, but the Graflex clamp is the main difference over the control box.
5. There are areas that are covered with mylar tape. One of these areas toward the pommel, one can clearly tell of a covered hole. I suspect this was a hole that one of the wires ran thru that operated the original motor that spun the dowel rod that made up the blade, when it was used for fight scenes in ANH.
6. It is a fighting saber. Based on the pics in this thread, it was used for the final fight with Vader. The V2 at one time was a fighting saber, but by ROTJ had become a belt hanger.
7. Although the paint job resembles the Hero, the black painted “band” at the top of the emitter is unexplained. It doesn’t follow any color scheme of the Luke saber, so it’s rather odd. At the same time, it sets it apart from the other hilts.
8. It’s the saber prop that was lent to NASA, and was actually briefly put into space.

Some Specs:
I won’t go heavy into the measurements with this ‘Other Saber Gallery’ Saber (like I do with the SF ones) however if you are interested, feel free to Post a query.

Parks Arc Wave Hilt| Heavily machined modified to Thin Neck and support 1” OD Blade| Crystal Shard3.0| Full Customs Optics Module| 12Watt RGBW LED (WGB wired)| 3.7v 1200 mAh Li-Ion Battery| 2.1mm In-hilt recharge (hidden in Pommel)| Faux Crystal Pommel| Touch Plate Activation and Auxiliary| Powder coating & Triple baked light weathered enamel finish| 20mm HO Speaker.

Weight: 560 Grams
Hilt Length: 261mm

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, HotRod, DK44, Andi-Jae EL

V3 Luke ROTJ LDM|Story so far. Pt VI 7 months 2 days ago #66484

• OvrcAHst

A VV Dual diffused Blade has been used in above images. With a GBW & FoC setup, the goto Blade with this Hilt is a Photon.

Thank you for stopping by.
It’s another Luke. It’s another Thin(ish) Neck. It’s another Saber share.
This rounds-off my LDM’s, to the previously shared MKIII-e (OWK ROTS), MKVI-re (Luke ‘Hero’ ROTJ) & Graflex2.0 (Luke) ESB
Last Edit: 7 months 2 days ago by OvrcAHst.

V3 Luke ROTJ LDM|Story so far. Pt VI 7 months 2 days ago #66491

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 585
Curious how it'd look with ASP plug 4.

I only mention because, from what I remember of the V3, it still had the emitter nipple during filming, since that's how the stunt-blade was secured, but it was, mysteriously, lopped off afterward, and so the current prop sits flat-faced today.

Also neat to see this emitter modded for a 1" blade.

I've got a whole folder of V3 reference in my library, if you want to compare. Might surprise some folks how poor the original looks in comparison, since it's covered in tape and rushed paint:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6yvn24xx819mu1a/AACrsj7AgBGJVSiOBlUNu7eAa?dl=0
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

V3 Luke ROTJ LDM|Story so far. Pt VI 7 months 2 days ago #66504

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Wow! What a great find you have there!...Luke's ROTJ hilt is my all time favorite, you truly have a magnificent treasure with this one!

V3 Luke ROTJ LDM|Story so far. Pt VI 7 months 1 day ago #66525

• OvrcAHst
Kouri wrote:
Curious how it'd look with ASP plug 4.
Thanks Kouri and with the reference to your Library too. Looks pretty close (from what I can make out) with the obvious exception of the brass TN, the orientation of the D-Ring, The Emitter eye and the weathering. So maybe not so close after all? :blush:
I only mention because, from what I remember of the V3, it still had the emitter nipple during filming, since that's how the stunt-blade was secured, but it was, mysteriously, lopped off afterward, and so the current prop sits flat-faced today.
Also neat to see this emitter modded for a 1" blade.
ASP Plug4 looks more like an inverted nipple though? :lol: I actually wonder if it would be a clean fit (even with sanding down the polycarb) 'cause it looks to end up with a slight stick-out. For $13 for a single item (and if applicable, a $3.25 GC) still doesn't warrant the Shipping Fee applied. :dry:
I've got a whole folder of V3 reference in my library, if you want to compare. Might surprise some folks how poor the original looks in comparison, since it's covered in tape and rushed paint:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6yvn24xx819mu1a/AACrsj7AgBGJVSiOBlUNu7eAa?dl=0
Acknowledged that I know very little on it but I did know as much that it wasn't the prettiest from a lineup. :lol:

DK44 wrote:
Wow! What a great find you have there!...Luke's ROTJ hilt is my all time favorite, you truly have a magnificent treasure with this one!
Thanks DK. Two were done. I missed the first (by 8Days) and then several Weeks later saw another Posting and with 4Days later (this time) it became successful because of the pending buyers shortfall with confirming a sent email. So I said: Giddy-Up! :)

V3 Luke ROTJ LDM|Story so far. Pt VI 7 months 1 day ago #66544

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
While I can't find any set photos of the V3, each hilt had its own colored neck. Hero was copper, V2 was black, Yuma was brass. I think the V3 paint was touched-up after shooting, so not sure what color it was before.

The V2 and V3 pommels were able to rotate on the original props, so there's no "right" way to set them - and your alignment seems spot-on to the pictures with the green grid.

I'd also personally take your weathered hilt over the aluminum-taped clamp of the original, hahah.

V3 Luke ROTJ LDM|Story so far. Pt VI 7 months 1 day ago #66546

• OvrcAHst
Kouri wrote:
While I can't find any set photos of the V3, each hilt had its own colored neck. Hero was copper, V2 was black, Yuma was brass. I think the V3 paint was touched-up after shooting, so not sure what color it was before.

The V2 and V3 pommels were able to rotate on the original props, so there's no "right" way to set them - and your alignment seems spot-on to the pictures with the green grid.
Your knowledge and information is astounding. More than just a pretty face aren't you. ;)
I'd also personally take your weathered hilt over the aluminum-taped clamp of the original, hahah.
:lol: It's a good thing that I like my Hilts (mostly) dirty. Still, with your weathering skills so much more advanced, hardly an obstacle for you if you considered it, right? :)

V3 Luke ROTJ LDM|Story so far. Pt VI 7 months 1 day ago #66549

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
I guess we'll see in a bit. most of this knowledge is pretty recent to me - I've been doing a fair bit of research for an MHS Luke I'm putting together. I finally settled on a V3 build with color changing setup so I can have the ANH Obi-Wan, RotJ Luke, and TFU2 Leia - all in one hilt.

As for weathering... Eh. I'm confident enough in doing a full paint job - but something I'm still getting the hang of is grunging up metal without completely repainting it. We'll see how it goes.

V3 Luke ROTJ LDM|Story so far. Pt VI 7 months 1 day ago #66550

• Burns3558
  • Elite Member
  • The force is strong in my family...
  • Thank you received: 55
Wow oc thx for sharing the pics and kouri thx for the info.... I had no idea there was 4 versions of Luke's Roth saber. I always thought this parks saber was an interpretation of a v2.

Oc do you have any pics of your whole collection?

V3 Luke ROTJ LDM|Story so far. Pt VI 7 months 23 hours ago #66574

• OvrcAHst
Burns3558 wrote:
Oc do you have any pics of your whole collection?
Individuals Yes as independent Reviews/Shares and they're scattered in all the respective sub-sections of the Forum. An entire Group Shot, No (not yet :P ).

V3 Luke ROTJ LDM|Story so far. Pt VI 7 months 20 hours ago #66602

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
That is too awesome for words! I'm not sure if it's the photos, but it looks squatter or thicker than I would have expected...and I like the chunky look! I really love the weathering on this one. Thank you for the lesson on this saber's history as well.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

V3 Luke ROTJ LDM|Story so far. Pt VI 7 months 12 hours ago #66620

• OvrcAHst
HotRod wrote:
That is too awesome for words!
:lol: 49 Words actually but Thanks.
I'm not sure if it's the photos, but it looks squatter or thicker than I would have expected...and I like the chunky look!
:lol: This much I can imagine with seeing the watch that adorns your wrist. :P
Comparing against say a SF PS, the shortfall of length is where it may appear 'should've-ordered-the-salad'. Against eachother:
Body: PS 37.50mm/ V3 40.40mm
Grenade: PS 37.42mm/ V3 36.22mm
Grenade length: PS 86.13mm /V3 73.29mm
Hilt Length: 296mm / V3 262mm
I really love the weathering on this one. Thank you for the lesson on this saber's history as well.
Kudos to Kouri mostly on the lesson. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: HotRod

V3 Luke ROTJ LDM|Story so far. Pt VI 6 months 4 weeks ago #66680

• OvrcAHst
Comparing against say a SF PS, the shortfall of length is where it may appear 'should've-ordered-the-salad'. Against eachother:
Body: PS 37.50mm/ V3 40.40mm
Grenade: PS 37.42mm/ V3 36.22mm
Grenade length: PS 86.13mm /V3 73.29mm
Hilt Length: 296mm / V3 262mm

V3 Luke ROTJ LDM|Story so far. Pt VI 6 months 4 weeks ago #66694

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 210
Love these shares.

You guys have really inspired me in the last month or so (OvrcAHast and Kouri). Keep the pics, posts, and WIP DIY threads coming!

V3 Luke ROTJ LDM|Story so far. Pt VI 6 months 4 weeks ago #66705

• OvrcAHst
Jas-Ot wrote:
Love these shares.

You guys have really inspired me in the last month or so (OvrcAHast and Kouri). Keep the pics, posts, and WIP DIY threads coming!
:lol: As time and credits will allow. :P

V3 Luke ROTJ LDM|Story so far. Pt VI 6 months 4 weeks ago #66717

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 445
That looks awesome. What type of sound is installed?
"I am the Senate"

V3 Luke ROTJ LDM|Story so far. Pt VI 6 months 4 weeks ago #66728

• OvrcAHst
Execute66 wrote:
That looks awesome. What type of sound is installed?
Thanks Ex. Crystal Shard3.0 with Luke ROTJ (by LordBlako IIRC, it's the one with Luke's voice as boot sound "I am a Jedi, like my Father before me") and Stock Darkmeat (IIRC, the one with a primal snarl as boot sound)/Lightmeat.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Convention Special Deals (1 Posts)
    • CONVENTION SPECIAL SAVE 100.00! Warrior Saber Package A great consolation prize if you can't make...
    • Themed Sabers (768 Posts)
    • Hi Snakeeyz99, Wow there is a similarity, which is great as I'll never have a chance to see my...
    • First Pictures of New App... (29 Posts)
    • Does anyone know if the Heretic is considered a "thin neck saber"? Trying to figure out if it's...
    • First Pictures of New App... (29 Posts)
    • I'm going Prodigy medium blue and Talon deep red ;o Still getting me a cyan Bastion though as well....

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4827
  • Latest Member: glassjaw
  • Total Posts: 54.3k
  • Total Topics: 4408
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 0
  • Yesterday Answer: 29