TOPIC: Black Vantage Lunar NY Ed. SM|Story so far.Pt XIII

Black Vantage Lunar NY Ed. SM|Story so far.Pt XIII 7 months 21 hours ago #66589

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1551
Just gonna leave this here and spam-it.

Black Vantage Lunar NY Limited Ed. Tri Cree RGrB Prizm

USB Charger Cable.

This is a Sabermach Saber. A Sabersmith in Singapore.

Some Specs & Measurements:
It’s a Tri Cree RGrB with a Prizm Soundboard and a really (really) really loud Speaker.

Hilt Length (Pommel to Emitter Top angle): 284mm
Hilt Length (Pommel to Emitter Blade Socket): 271mm
Blade Socket Depth (to LED Heatsink): 30mm
Blade Socket Depth (to threads): 17mm
Emitter Diameter: 37.72mm
Switch (Foregrip) Diameter: 29.54mm
Mid (lower grip) Choke Diameter: 30.70mm
Body Diameter: 40.51mm
Pommel Diameter: 46.33mm

Weight: 410 Grams

Threaded Emitter.

Threaded Blades.

Kill Key/Recharge Port Integrated Covertech.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider

Black Vantage Lunar NY Ed. SM|Story so far.Pt XIII 7 months 21 hours ago #66590

• OvrcAHst

Noted this has multicolour capabilities but red is too difficult to shy away from and so it is the featured colour.

Nifty.

Thank you for stopping by.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider, Eddlyss64, HotRod, Brady329

Black Vantage Lunar NY Ed. SM|Story so far.Pt XIII 7 months 19 hours ago #66600

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Another amazing and unique hilt. How does this one feel in terms of quality. It looks like it would feel heavy. I saw where you included the weight, but I've honestly never bothered to weight any of my sabers. How is the performance of the Prizm sound board? One of these days I'm going to have to try an install with one.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Black Vantage Lunar NY Ed. SM|Story so far.Pt XIII 7 months 11 hours ago #66618

• OvrcAHst
HotRod wrote:
Another amazing and unique hilt. How does this one feel in terms of quality. It looks like it would feel heavy. I saw where you included the weight, but I've honestly never bothered to weight any of my sabers.
Thanks HotRod. From a consumer POV, there aren't any obvious signs of quality compromise. Machined well, no sharp edges, the overall finish has been seen by a high attention to detail. Methods of execution are another thing. The HotRod Red powdercoating is (to paraphrase you) top-notch. The Emitters tapered shroud looks to be dipped rather than PC'd and some areas appear heavier like what you get from a pooling effect (or overrun).
Handling-wise (relative to weight & balance) is extraordinary. As a Smith based in Singapore and predominantly catering for the Asian Market (applies to hand size, but N/A really cos my hands aren't exactly small or over large), comparably, it's liking to a SF Apprentice but I'm more inclined to say favouring more the VV/GCS/JQ side of things specific to Hilt Finish. Thinner diameters without the stodgy bulk that some Hilts have.
How is the performance of the Prizm sound board?
No complaints. User interface is relatively simple and easily accessible via button manipulation (consistent to Plecter Boards I've experienced). Sensitivity and motions are bang-on (from either default/factory settings).

The one dodgy practice I disagree with is the inability to access the internals. SD Cards are standard from certain tiered Boards (& up) for user editing of Fonts and settings. A Manufacturer Policy exercised writes, any access to internals = auto Warranty Void. Normally, even the Pommel is sealed tight on these Hilts. Mine wasn't and is the only part that can be removed. The Kill Key/Recharge Port Integrated as Covertech is Nifty. With achieving this though, the Covertech is the female thread over the Ports male threads. The Port itself protrudes through and up (like an add-on nipple) of the Body's drilled hole probably like how a guarded latching switch extends past the Body's surface.

What this means is, even with complete Pommel removal, the chassis is wedged tight because of the add-on nipple. Upon further investigation with SMCS, the SD Card is permanently glued over (apparently) 'to avoid accidental ejection during combat'. So effectively, it's a pretty Hilt with multicolour capability and multi-sound capability but cannot be edited for personal customising. :huh:

Black Vantage Lunar NY Ed. SM|Story so far.Pt XIII 7 months 7 hours ago #66639

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
I love that the recharge port is in the Covertech wheel, but between that locking the board in (making it inaccessible) and the SD Card being glued down, that would drive me crazy. I can see the benefit to the smith being A) the card doesn't work loose during use and reset the saber (which I have seen happen) and B) it keeps your customers from messing up your sabers by tinkering with them, but STILL. That takes all of the fun and customization right out of it. Seems a shame to have the ABILITY to have amazing board like the PRIZM and not customize it.

Nonetheless, you can't argue with that finish. This hilt is down right sexy. I hope you are pleased the the sound fonts chosen.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Black Vantage Lunar NY Ed. SM|Story so far.Pt XIII 7 months 6 hours ago #66643

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 537
What a great looking hilt! Threaded on blades is an interesting concept, too. Really impressive color on the body; both deep and vibrant. Congratulations!

Black Vantage Lunar NY Ed. SM|Story so far.Pt XIII 7 months 1 hour ago #66661

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 285
Damn that's sweet! And threaded blades? Hmmm. Very interesting.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Black Vantage Lunar NY Ed. SM|Story so far.Pt XIII 6 months 4 weeks ago #66681

• OvrcAHst
HotRod wrote:
I love that the recharge port is in the Covertech wheel, but between that locking the board in (making it inaccessible) and the SD Card being glued down, that would drive me crazy. I can see the benefit to the smith being A) the card doesn't work loose during use and reset the saber (which I have seen happen) and B) it keeps your customers from messing up your sabers by tinkering with them, but STILL. That takes all of the fun and customization right out of it. Seems a shame to have the ABILITY to have amazing board like the PRIZM and not customize it.

Nonetheless, you can't argue with that finish. This hilt is down right sexy. I hope you are pleased the the sound fonts chosen.
My sentiments exactly. I've actually got all the Fonts from other Sabers, it's more the unwanted slap with finding out after the fact rather knowing prior from full disclosure. IIWII.

Borommakot wrote:
What a great looking hilt! Threaded on blades is an interesting concept, too. Really impressive color on the body; both deep and vibrant. Congratulations!
Greysider wrote:
Damn that's sweet! And threaded blades? Hmmm. Very interesting.
Thanks Guys. The concept is what startled my interest also. What becomes a major downfall though (to the Consumer) is the inability to use blades from other Vendors. The blade socket depth is pretty shallow above the internal Emitter threads and with no retention screw, will require a mod to be done. The exclusivity concept by my interpretation is specific isolation more than anything.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HotRod

Black Vantage Lunar NY Ed. SM|Story so far.Pt XIII 6 months 4 weeks ago #66695

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 210
Yeah, that threaded blade is kinda cool, but not sure I would be too keen on it unless there was an "Industry standard" so you could shop blades.

Very cool looking hilt, and a great contrast to the types of sabers we are used to seeing.

Black Vantage Lunar NY Ed. SM|Story so far.Pt XIII 6 months 4 weeks ago #66701

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 585
Threading aside, is it a standard thick wall 1" blade?

You might be able to measure the threads and order a die to cut threads in standard blades.

Black Vantage Lunar NY Ed. SM|Story so far.Pt XIII 6 months 4 weeks ago #66702

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 125
One word
Wow!

Black Vantage Lunar NY Ed. SM|Story so far.Pt XIII 6 months 4 weeks ago #66708

• OvrcAHst
Jas-Ot wrote:
Yeah, that threaded blade is kinda cool, but not sure I would be too keen on it unless there was an "Industry standard" so you could shop blades.
I too share this thought. I compare it to plastic drink bottles and or containers. Something that follows a mass production scale, would be so handy if one 'cap' fit the bottom of another and vice versa.
Very cool looking hilt, and a great contrast to the types of sabers we are used to seeing.
Thanks. My Hilts that form my Collection aren't just limited to one specific Vendor. Like a bit of variety and it enables the comparative measure of appreciation from one to the next.

DK44 wrote:
One word
Wow!
One word
Thanks!

Kouri wrote:
Threading aside, is it a standard thick wall 1" blade?
You might be able to measure the threads and order a die to cut threads in standard blades.
Good thinking 99! Blade stock is a thick wall but there may be inaccuracy with the definition of 'standard'. V4=3.14mm | SM=3.82mm | TCSS=4.15mm from the samples taken.

Whilst it's an option I didn't consider to thread 'other' blades, the difficulty I foresee is the compatibility to the emitters female threads. Long term durability with such fine & close-set threads (made of plastic) don't leave me convinced in that cross-threading and stripping can easily occur. Plus it's an unnecessary hassle to retro-fit other blades. I may just end up drilling a couple of holes and permanently reinforce the blade well and have a full-time blade installed. Not much to play with the internals, short of hacking away to make it accessible for editing. :)

Black Vantage Lunar NY Ed. SM|Story so far.Pt XIII 6 months 4 weeks ago #66718

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 445
Quite nice, good to see other makers' products making into reviews here.

The Tri-Cree RGB is 3W each, so I imagine the pure red on its own is therefore only 3W? And when all colors are combined for the full 9W, do you end up with a white-ish color? Love their innovation.
"I am the Senate"

Black Vantage Lunar NY Ed. SM|Story so far.Pt XIII 6 months 4 weeks ago #66729

• OvrcAHst
Execute66 wrote:
Quite nice, good to see other makers' products making into reviews here.
:lol: Much like other Members Posting in the Other Sabers Gallery or similarly so to my JQ, LDM, GCS, US, VV? or like you with your VV and US. :lol:
The Tri-Cree RGB is 3W each, so I imagine the pure red on its own is therefore only 3W? And when all colors are combined for the full 9W, do you end up with a white-ish color? Love their innovation.
B-I-N-G-O; - -I-N-G-O; - - -N-G-O and Bingo was his name-O. ;)
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Convention Special Deals (1 Posts)
    • CONVENTION SPECIAL SAVE 100.00! Warrior Saber Package A great consolation prize if you can't make...
    • Themed Sabers (768 Posts)
    • Hi Snakeeyz99, Wow there is a similarity, which is great as I'll never have a chance to see my...
    • First Pictures of New App... (29 Posts)
    • Does anyone know if the Heretic is considered a "thin neck saber"? Trying to figure out if it's...
    • First Pictures of New App... (29 Posts)
    • I'm going Prodigy medium blue and Talon deep red ;o Still getting me a cyan Bastion though as well....

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4827
  • Latest Member: glassjaw
  • Total Posts: 54.3k
  • Total Topics: 4408
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 0
  • Yesterday Answer: 29