Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Ronin Custom Armory etched GCS Badaxx

Ronin Custom Armory etched GCS Badaxx 5 months 1 week ago #69039

• Burns3558
  • Elite Member
  • The force is strong in my family...
  • Thank you received: 55
Picked up this Badaxx off GCS the last time they were available for a whole 6 hours or so. It has the newest crystal shard sound board and a loud ass bass speaker. Tri-cree xpe2 RRW. I kept the 3 stock madcow sound fonts (which are outstanding quality btw) and added yoda vocal version (kids love it for Halloween), cyber assasin and Finn (another one with fun movie quotes for Halloween). I'm going to change it to all sith fonts when I get time.

The red blade is extremely bright and doesn't get any orange tint to it until the battery is almost cashed. The white flash on clash is literally blinding.

This is my first crystal shard and I don't know if it's just because of the board or the way the pommel is vented or the sound resonance in the hilt but this is one of the loudest sabers I've ever heard. The mad cow founts sound the clearest on it out of all the major players that have fonts on soundfont.com. The clash and swing sensitivity are spot on and rarely miss a swing sound or clash for no reason.

The quality of craftsmanship in this saber is hard to put into words. It just looks and feels so solid in person. Getting used to the curve wasn't an issue for myself as far as dueling goes but spinning is another story.

I added a SF brass covertech and a dark side engineering razor blade plug with a brass cone.

The etching was done by Ryan Lanon of Ronin Custom Armory. The pattern is mostly sith acolyte and the text says "through strength I gain power". I just gave Ryan an idea of what I was looking for and he designed everything. The etching was done with ferric chloride then polished and clear coated. The pictures do the etching no justice... it's stunning when you see it in person. Ryan is great to work with - constant communication, sends updates and pics etc.

Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by Burns3558.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, =Ottomatix=, Borommakot, OvrcAHst, HotRod, Kouri

Ronin Custom Armory etched GCS Badaxx 5 months 6 days ago #69043

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1008
That's beautiful man! Congrats!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Ronin Custom Armory etched GCS Badaxx 5 months 5 days ago #69060

• CrimsonJax88
  • Premium Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 55
Awesome design, amazing etching and man that blade plug!
I love Genesis Custom Sabers, follow him on YouTube, but as you say, very hard to be able to buy one his magnificent hilts as they are gone before you've stopped drooling over them to get your wallet :lol:
Looks gorgeous, be proud ;)
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!

Ronin Custom Armory etched GCS Badaxx 2 months 3 weeks ago #71109

• Jedi Master Klubi-Gan
  • Thank you received: 8
So nice! The etching really kicks it up a notch. I am wondering if you have other single color tri-cree sabers to compare it to regarding brightness.
May the force be.... don't do that.. not on the rug, man

Ronin Custom Armory etched GCS Badaxx 2 months 3 weeks ago #71122

• E Bolton
  • Thank you received: 10
Beautiful artistry there. I love how part of the emitter is left clean in contrast to the etching.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• [FOR SALE $595USD] Korban... (3 Posts)
    • Quote: .... Received March 28 2017. :ohmy: Selling it already?
    • ASP Sabers and more... (5 Posts)
    • Those are some slick looking sabers. The ripper blade is a nice complement to its hilt.
    • Convention Special Deals (5 Posts)
    • Wow, that was one great deal! I passed since I have enough stunt sabers (and day blades) already,...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4828
  • Latest Member: jorussic
  • Total Posts: 54.3k
  • Total Topics: 4409
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 9
  • Yesterday Answer: 29