Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Dark Menace (Ultra saber)

Dark Menace (Ultra saber) 1 year 2 weeks ago #13712

• Luno-Jay
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 56
Got a surprise today thought i would share.

This is an Ultrasabers dark menace ( 12w no sound), as you can see its been anodized black and has a red LED inside. I'll do a quick review here before i go make a review video.

The dark Menace is a pretty close replica to Darth Maul's lightsaber in "The Phantom Menace" incase you didn't know. Now normally this hilt is seen with a twin as a staff (which we will hopefully soon be seeing from saber forge as well!).
Ultra sabers MHS system is pretty cool, and gives the overall feel of the lightsaber more of a personal feeling because of how things can easily be taken off or changed around, that being said, the options of where or how to switch them is limited. If you own other ultra sabers or MHS compatible parts you have more options..sadly i do not, but still i think its a really cool feature. ALSO this gives me a feel for what the ASP system that saberforge is coming out with will be like.
The hilt itself actually has a good, solid weight to it. The balancing points on the saber make for easy flourishes and handling.
the greeblies and knobs on the side do get in the way of gripping it, especially if your handling with both hands, however there are great places to grip from USING these same knobs and pieces to get a better grip.
i myself like to be able to handle the hilt anywhere, not just in specific spots, but it still handles just fine.
overall great hilt, i very much enjoy it, just wish it would have sound lol.
stay tuned for the review video!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dark Menace (Ultra saber) 1 year 2 weeks ago #13714

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Nice... been thinking on and off about getting a dark Menance just like that actually lol... just haven't done it because I'm still mad about my last ultrasabers experience and not ready to go back just yet. But that is definitely a pretty piece and I LOVE the red.. I need a red saber again.

Dark Menace (Ultra saber) 1 year 2 weeks ago #13716

• Luno-Jay
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 56
thanks man, yea actually was a surprise from someone. i was going to wait until SF put out the Mauler, but this one is pretty damn cool. Definatly going to get red in a few more sabers, just so badass.
this is my first Ultrasaber, and had a good experience..but i've heard of a few people having trouble with them like you had..sucks.

Dark Menace (Ultra saber) 1 year 2 weeks ago #13723

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Yeah. I had a few before that last one, and they were all decent sabers. Hell, my first saber from US lasted about 4 years getting beat to hell pretty frequently lol... but that last one was a DOA, and US refused to step up and do anything, and it lead to a customer service fiasco. So, my problem with them lays in their owner/service, not in the sabers themselves.

That all being said! Still. Pretty saber. =D Wonder if SF would get me one in an all-black finish like that when they release the Mauler.... that would be pretty wicked. =D
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Fallen SF Custom|Story so... (6 Posts)
    • Thank you Ex66, Quote: Great review and write up! What a unique saber! Was your new fallen that special...
    • Great review and write up! What a unique saber! Was your new fallen that special one-off? You have a...
    • [attachment] [attachment] vv Two Indigo's under different Lighting Conditions between a 32" and 37"...
    • [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] ...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4333
  • Latest Member: Jedi_master_515
  • Total Posts: 42.8k
  • Total Topics: 3123
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 21
  • Yesterday Answer: 87