Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: hitoren?

hitoren? 4 months 3 days ago #71973

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 608
I'm actually not too concerned with the saber pulling too much current. Moreso if it's left on too long. Once the Li-ion voltage drops below 2.5v, you risk irreparable damage to the cell, perhaps preventing it ever charging again.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

hitoren? 4 months 3 days ago #71975

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 188
True, I guess since it's a potentially knock-off Chinese battery (and considering the recent news surrounding batteries like those) the worst case scenario came to my mind first.

hitoren? 4 months 3 days ago #72004

• Heliolord
  • Thank you received: 13
Interesting. I might get one for a cheap offhand until I've the money to buy another custom. And maybe my friend on a tighter budget could get one so we could duel.

Am I correct in assuming that the sound fonts can't be changed? If they could, I may well buy one to gut it just to get a cheap soundboard for sabers that I want a custom font on, but don't need most of the other bells and whistles of a spark color or other, fancy, $200-300 soundboards.

hitoren? 1 month 1 day ago #75205

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
Digging this one up, but seems the Hitoren description's been updated to confirm that the protection circuit's built into the soundboard.

hitoren? 1 month 1 day ago #75215

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 204
Did anyone else get in on the Kickstarter for the v4? There hasn't been any updates for quite a while; I'm getting a wee bit concerned.
Aeon, Arbiter, Bastion, Consular, Gladius, Phoenix, Resilient (staff), Vanquish, Vengeance, Xiphos (2)
ASP Dark Crusader, ASP Claíomh Solais

hitoren? 1 month 1 day ago #75217

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
Aaron's still pretty active in the Saber community, so I think it's safe to say he hasn't run off with everyone's money.

I can't see the existing updates since I'm not a backer, but the campaign expected shipping to start by the end of April, and we're only in the first week of May, so I'd give it time before elevating the wee concern into any sort of panic.

hitoren? 1 month 1 day ago #75218

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
Ahhh, okay. I must have missed the email on that; last one I got was about the delay in manufacturing. I'm excited though; can't ever have enough inexpensive dueling hilts!
Aeon, Arbiter, Bastion, Consular, Gladius, Phoenix, Resilient (staff), Vanquish, Vengeance, Xiphos (2)

hitoren? 1 month 18 hours ago #75241

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
Kouri wrote:
Digging this one up, but seems the Hitoren description's been updated to confirm that the protection circuit's built into the soundboard.

I think that's my one hold up out of the way, then. I'll play with it a bit more tonight when I have some time to kill between work ending and my 8:30 Guardians showing.

This option doesn't hold up to heavy dueling. The hilt design is simple and doesn't have much room for customization. However, the sound quality is decent, you can choose whether you have a stranded blade or an LED module (of which the brightness ain't too shabby either), shipping is very fast and you only have to shell out ~100 bucks for a saber with sound. There's not really a reason not to own one at that point, unless you're choosing to save for a pricier American model.

Also, to answer Heliolord's question from a few months ago, the sound fonts are set in the soundboard much like those of the Champion boards. However, you do get 3 of them.
Last Edit: 1 month 18 hours ago by Snakeeyz99.

hitoren? 1 month 17 hours ago #75245

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1055
I believe that is exactly what SF is incorporating into their next Champion board, SaberCore 3.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

hitoren? 4 weeks 1 day ago #75292

• Darkraid
@Snakeeyz99 How heavy is the Hitoren? I find that the heavier hilts are bad for dueling.

hitoren? 4 weeks 15 hours ago #75300

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
IIRC it's not too heavy, but I can do a weight comparison later tonight to be more accurate.

hitoren? 3 weeks 1 day ago #75481

• Darkraid
The Hitoren V4 starts shipping this week. I'm excited.

I hope it brings out a wave of new and good quality lightsabers to the market.

hitoren? 3 weeks 19 hours ago #75491

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
They look to be a nice step-up from the $99 v3, which is already a great intro saber (much better than going to Ultrasabers for a grab bag, imo).

Hopefully I get mine in before June so I can use the saber bag when I go to Wizard World Philly, lol.

hitoren? 3 weeks 18 hours ago #75494

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 797
Hi Everybody,

I have been looking at these as well. I was worried the soundcard and speakers were a little bit on the lightweight side (they sounded a bit thin and weedy on videos, but audio on videos can be misleading). I do kinda like the look of the double bladed model and the crossguard hilt looked ok. And for the price they might not be too expensive for someone in the UK.

Just on a side note did anyone notice anything strange/Sith-like about their name?

kind regards,

For Tyeth
Last Edit: 3 weeks 18 hours ago by For Tyeth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roger Redux

hitoren? 3 weeks 16 hours ago #75497

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
Heh, I had a giggle at that when I first came across them. It apparently means "people" in Japanese, according to Google Translate.

The fonts on the newer cards are Sentinel, Caliban and Event Horizon Soundfonts by Crystal Sonix, so they're good fonts. Could just be an older card or different speaker in whatever vids you came across than what they're using now.

The brand itself is primarily aimed at being low-cost for the East Asia market, where people can't typically afford a $300+ saber, so that's something to consider too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

hitoren? 3 weeks 16 hours ago #75498

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hi KelbornX,

I never thought of Translating the name! But back to the sabers, I think the video was for the V3 and the motion and clash sounds didn't seem to trigger well. I understand they are designed for a niche market, the east Asia scene is massive (from what I can gather from the "underground" saber meet-up videos I've seen.) There is one advantage in that with the sabers being basic there is a lot of scope for your own modifications.

kind regards,

For Tyeth

hitoren? 3 weeks 4 hours ago #75518

• Darkraid
It's not ''Underground''. We at Singapore meet up every week for lightsaber training and duels. We want lightsabers to be duel-worthy and also durability.

If it can be a cheap alternative, why not?

hitoren? 2 weeks 6 days ago #75534

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Darkraid wrote:
It's not ''Underground''. We at Singapore meet up every week for lightsaber training and duels. We want lightsabers to be duel-worthy and also durability.

If it can be a cheap alternative, why not?

Hello Darkraid,

Apologies, I did not mean underground in a negative way, it just seemed that the meet-ups were impromptu and spontaneous. The gatherings are very large and should be equipped with good quality sabers!

So please accept my apologies if any offence was caused,

For Tyeth

hitoren? 1 week 1 day ago #75883

• Darkraid
No offense taken. The group I attend is legit. We meet every wed, sat and sun every week. It's 20 bucks per lesson. You guys should join us if you ever come to Singapore.

hitoren? 1 week 18 hours ago #75891

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
Back on topic...

Backer reward Master Packs begin shipping this week! Huzzah!
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• (6 Posts)
    • Looking back, I would probably buy the parts I wanted as soon as they were available because the...
    • Your top 10 "must ha... (7 Posts)
    • In a random order: 1. Mace Windu ep.1 2. Maul's staff 3. Corran Horn (Genesis) 4. My ASP - already...
    • Well, I have a 1) black Vanquish with red blade 2) standard Grandmaster for my GF, purple blade 3)...
    • (6 Posts)
    • Quote: Thanks for the advice, guys! Really appreciate it. I have one build I want to do, but the right...
    • Hm, must haves. Always a fun topic. I've been able to cross a couple off my list (Graflex in...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5192
  • Latest Member: Shadowdragon
  • Total Posts: 55.8k
  • Total Topics: 4636
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 8
  • Yesterday Answer: 23