Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: VV Blade Plugs Compatible?

VV Blade Plugs Compatible? 2 months 2 weeks ago #85760

• axelstriker
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello all,

I really like some of the blade plug designs that Vader's Vault does. Their site claims that they are compatible with most 1" sabers; has anyone put one in their Saberforge holt, and if so, how did it fit?
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Brax. Reason: Moved to more subject appropriate section
The administrator has disabled public write access.

VV Blade Plugs Compatible? 2 months 2 weeks ago #85780

• InTheShadows
  • Red is the only LED
  • Thank you received: 2
I’m also interested, I just had a look at the plugs and I must say, they are beautiful!
Swordplay is not a dance, an attack should be fast, efficient and to the point.

VV Blade Plugs Compatible? 2 months 2 weeks ago #85791

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1915
axelstriker wrote:
with most 1" sabers; has anyone put one in their Saberforge hilt, and if so, how did it fit?
It's not uncommon for slight variances to occur with the polycarbonate blade stock used with blade plugs furthermore with the different grades and wall thicknesses between Vendors. VV blade holders tend to be on the tighter side where SF blade holders on the more generous side. When it comes to plugs, VV's easily fit into SF blade holders and (depending on saber hilt type) SF's may not fit into VV blade holders. This can be easily resolved though with a gentle sanding of the tight fitting plug before seating it into said blade holder.

Below are some illustrations of 3 SF plugs (Elite, ASP, Lazerforge) with a SF Heretic and VV Ardent, their respective OD/IDs and the VV Imperial Cog Plug.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rhyno, Sharangir, axelstriker

VV Blade Plugs Compatible? 2 months 2 weeks ago #85797

• axelstriker
  • Thank you received: 1
Wow, that's an amazing answer! Thank you kind stranger.

VV Blade Plugs Compatible? 2 months 2 weeks ago #85809

• Rhyno
  • Platinum Member
  • MTFBWY
  • Thank you received: 130
axelstriker
Amazing answers are normal around here
There is no Light, There is no Dark, There is only the Force!

VV Blade Plugs Compatible? 2 months 2 weeks ago #85871

• Roger Redux
  • Premium Member
  • May The Force serve you well.
  • Thank you received: 49
Wait....so according to those numbers, their blade plug is a hair too big to fit into their own saber?!
(VVplug: 25.33, VVsaber: 24.90)

VV Blade Plugs Compatible? 2 months 2 weeks ago #85873

• OvrcAHst
Roger Redux wrote:
Wait....
Yep. :dry: It's what I've experienced and not just with VV Plugs into VV emitters but VV blades in VV emitters or US plugs into US emitters. Because of the aforementioned variances that can occur (even within the same Vendor's products) with polycarbonate where no two are mostly exactly bang on, some ill-fit's and differences will happen.

I highly doubt for each and every blade plug made or each and every blade made that they are checked against each and every blade holder within their own range for perfect fitment especially when accessories are sometimes purchased separately to the saber. This excludes when say a plug is supplied with a sabers purchase and the Packer just needs to check one against one.

I've just checked that same imperial cog plug (25.33 OD) into another blade holder (25.42 ID). I've also got some VV thin walled blades that don't fit into the blade holder of my VV Wrath (without sanding) but the SF Infinity V4 and Saberz Starlight slides into it effortlessly. Variations in blade holder ID between sabers isn't that uncommon either.

Maybe your experiences may return different results too. :lol:

VV Blade Plugs Compatible? 2 months 2 weeks ago #85886

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 542
One thing to note... that looks like an older VV plug. All of the ones I've gotten over the last year are MUCH smaller OD and are sanded on the outside like their blades are, instead of being what looks to be clear blade stock in the photos? That's also the tightest emitter I've ever seen of theirs too... all of mine measure just about exact 25.4mm.

While I didn't take pictures, fwiw.. my two VV plugs come in at 25.13mm and 25.15mm, and the emitters on my 5 VV sabers range between 25.36mm to 25.44mm (tighter ones having a wee bit of powder coating on the inside).

VV Blade Plugs Compatible? 2 months 2 weeks ago #85900

• OvrcAHst
KelbornX wrote:
One thing to note... that looks like an older VV plug. All of the ones I've gotten over the last year are MUCH smaller OD and are sanded on the outside like their blades are, instead of being what looks to be clear blade stock in the photos?
There's no identifiers for manufacture batch or production year other than from time of order placement (but again, this doesn't guarantee old stock versus new stock) buuut.. its appearance is consistent to what you describe ie of the sanded finish just like their blades and not clear stock.
That's also the tightest emitter I've ever seen of theirs too... all of mine measure just about exact 25.4mm.
:lol: The Fury Elite I owned once upon a time was even tighter where any of the VV blades (standard dual diffused and Day) wouldn't seat into the blade holder.
While I didn't take pictures, fwiw.. my two VV plugs come in at 25.13mm and 25.15mm, and the emitters on my 5 VV sabers range between 25.36mm to 25.44mm (tighter ones having a wee bit of powder coating on the inside).
I get that overrun of powder sometimes occurs but most of the blade holders are clean.

Back to the OPs question, specific to plugs though, was just saying that variances can occur buut there are ways to correct it. Also specific to whether a VV plug will fit a SF blade holder that was also answered. B)

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Out of the Grey (2 Posts)
    • Part II: Ser Arcturis sat in his cold, damp cell below the shrine and meditated. He reflected on the...
    • Saber will not connect to... (14 Posts)
    • hope you get it, and don't have to do an RMA.....altho...SaberForge Customer Service is excellent!...
    • Kylo Ren's apprentice blu... (12 Posts)
    • It's definitely true that you get what you pay for. It sounds like a lot of money but what is the...
    • Kylo Ren's apprentice blu... (12 Posts)
    • Even $500 for an empty kylo ren "the light" hilt is a heck of a lot. Most I've ever spent is $300 on...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6835
  • Latest Member: ValkyrieGondul
  • Total Posts: 69.2k
  • Total Topics: 5828
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 25
  • Yesterday Answer: 45