Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: For Tyeth's new One Replicas SSQY

For Tyeth's new One Replicas SSQY 1 month 1 week ago #87958

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 364
Actually, what switches you have doesn't affect me in the least. ;) I have 12mm AV switches on hand and could mod one, I prefer to just get a red one.

Yeah, the Covertec is decorative only. Though, if you get a thumbscrew one you're going to need to open the hole up and tap it. The thumbscrew Covertecs are 8-32 threaded, the hole is significantly smaller. The holes in the hilt are all metric, M3x0.5mm holes. I'm just glad it came with set screws, though I was prepared to buy some if necessary.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

For Tyeth's new One Replicas SSQY 1 month 1 week ago #87960

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1087
Hello again,

That's alright then! I knew the hole for the covertec would need drilling/re-tapping and very luckily for me I had an Allen key for those retention screws. Sorry guys I don't do many reviews or unboxings so I forgot to mention the screw sizes. I will do better next time.

Actually, would it be possible to switch the outer ring bezels on a 12mm switch? Switch the black bezel with the one on a red switch?

For Tyeth

For Tyeth's new One Replicas SSQY 1 month 1 week ago #87962

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 364
You'd have to disassemble the switch, I don't know if it would be worth it.

For Tyeth's new One Replicas SSQY 1 month 1 week ago #87963

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hello again,

Ok got ya. I just saw a description of how somebody disassembled a switch to drill and screw in the famous red thumbscrew instead of cutting the thread down and gluing it in place. Maybe they had 16mm switches. Alright I'll stick with my original plans.

Thanks for all the advice and kind words everyone but for now I'll be logging out. I'll be back tomorrow.

For Tyeth

For Tyeth's new One Replicas SSQY 1 month 6 days ago #87984

• White Jedi
  • I see you have constructed a new lightsaber. Your skills are complete. Indeed you are powerful, as the Emperor has foreseen
  • Thank you received: 17
Jas-Ot wrote:
Thesaberarmory run by Khal of KR sabers is basically the TCSS for Europe now. The two have partnered up on bunch of offerings and most things you could get at TCSS you can get through TSA. Both have some different things too, but regardless, you should be able to get everything you need except for maybe a chassis. Khal has some very nice 28mm speakers that are much better than the typical Veco bass speakers. Not quite as good as Adrian Tan's from Saber Essentials but much better than the Vecos and "premium" flat speakers and worth the extra money.

Cool, its handy to know for in the future.

For Tyeth wrote:
Hi KelbornX,

I always feel awkward naming other vendors on this forum but JQ Sabers was the other site I was referring to. I sent White Jedi a PM.

For Tyeth

Thanks for the PM. I think its cool that we can talk about other vendors rather than be restricted. We are one big saber community :silly:

Anyway I shall stop taking your thread off-topic but will keep checking on your build as you go along ?
Last Edit: 1 month 6 days ago by White Jedi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

For Tyeth's new One Replicas SSQY 1 month 6 days ago #87985

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hi White Jedi,

You're welcome. I try and help out as and when I can, it's just I am always careful about naming other companies and websites so as not to appear to be promoting them. Just being polite to SF.

And I will post updates when available but for now I'm saving up and searching for a more suitable chassis than the one I had seen! (and maybe another empty to fill!)

Thanks,
For Tyeth

For Tyeth's new One Replicas SSQY 1 month 6 days ago #88006

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1913
..and now Qui-Gon has been reunited with his saber ;)
I was surprised to learn of the package deliverer though as I would have thought it would have been one of these guys.. :whistle:

:lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=, For Tyeth

For Tyeth's new One Replicas SSQY 1 month 6 days ago #88009

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
..and now Qui-Gon has been reunited with his saber ;)
I was surprised to learn of the package deliverer though as I would have thought it would have been one of these guys.. :whistle:

:lol:

Hello OvrcAHst,

Thanks man, I have waited quite a while to get my hands on a QGJ hilt. I was amazed at the delivery too, I ordered it late on Monday afternoon and it arrived Thursday lunchtime! Now I just have to install it.

kind regards,

For Tyeth
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

For Tyeth's new One Replicas SSQY 1 month 1 hour ago #88283

• Dauntless 7
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 131
Hi. You finally have a new saber... good news ! Hope you will get all the parts sooner than later. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

For Tyeth's new One Replicas SSQY 1 month 1 hour ago #88284

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hello Dauntless7,

Thank you very much, I hope I get the parts soon too but I'm waiting on news of a new chassis that's being designed for it. I hope there will be a Spark 2 and a Nano version as I am leaning toward a Spark 2 install now (so I get the blaster and lockup fx as Qui-Gon did a lot of blocking laser fire and locking up with Maul!).

But I'm now as bad as all of you talented folk on here, I'm planning on doing more hilts after this!

kind regards,

For Tyeth
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• archon covertech wheel (2 Posts)
    • Quote: Does anyone know what size allen wrench/hex key the Archon uses. I want to remove the covertech...
    • Shipped! Saberforge Legac... (1 Posts)
    • Today I got an email from Saberforge that my Legacy Monarch has shipped! After eleven months of lead...
    • Saber Selfies (307 Posts)
    • Really channeling the dark side with this one! [attachment] Like I said on my DST post,...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6835
  • Latest Member: ValkyrieGondul
  • Total Posts: 69.2k
  • Total Topics: 5824
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 10
  • Yesterday Answer: 31