Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: MR Vader conversion questions

MR Vader conversion questions 3 years 1 week ago #1823

• CShigeoK
  • I'm not saying that I'm a Jedi and I may sometimes seem misguided but I have not necessarily succumbed to the Dark Side.
  • Thank you received: 4
I was wondering if anyone on here does or has done conversions to the original release MR Vader FX. I have been thinking about getting it done to one of my vader sabers. I was thinking of doing it myself but am also shoping for prices. ive already checked out TCSS and the kits.

So my questions are:

if ive read correct id need the parts in the attached pic, am i missing anything or do i have anything incorrect?

what specific additional parts would i need besides the kit?

What would it cost for someone to do a coversion for me?

Is it even worth the effort?

thank you in advance for any and all assistance.
Attachments:
  • ...t_1.png (55KB)
The topic has been locked.

MR Vader conversion questions 3 years 1 week ago #1828

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 198
Hey man,

I've done three Vader conversions myself, about to do a fourth pretty soon. I personally always think it's worth it. I have converted every single MR/Hasbro lightsaber I own. I've always reused the stock MR soundboard, though, and have just installed an LED into the hilt. The items on TCSS you've selected would work fine, but you can also use a saberforge 6W LED instead of the LED options TCSS offers. Then all you'll need to order from TCSS is the conversion kit itself, which has everything you need apart from the LED.

I know that Justin Polachek of SaberForge has done full gutted conversions of the Vader saber, where he removes all the old electronics and installs a 12W red saber core crimson soundboard, in hilt recharge, Li-Ion battery and new speakers. You'd have to contact him directly via Facebook to see if he is still offering those conversions.

However, if you're just looking to have a basic Vader MR saber with an in hilt LED, removable blade, and original electronics, then it's a pretty easy conversion to do yourself. TCSS has a phenomenal step by step tutorial here: Vader Conversion Tutorial

Anyway, let me know if you have other questions! We're happy to help however we can!
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi…"

Last Edit: 3 years 1 week ago by DarthMario95.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CShigeoK

MR Vader conversion questions 3 years 1 week ago #1844

• CShigeoK
  • I'm not saying that I'm a Jedi and I may sometimes seem misguided but I have not necessarily succumbed to the Dark Side.
i was planing on just doing an led swap and make the blade removable so this is perfect!

so if i leave the MR board battery system in i can use the SF 6w LED for the conversion

thats so awesome! it may end up being a birthday present to myself...

Is the soldering difficult? i dont have much experiance soldering.

Thanks so much!

MR Vader conversion questions 3 years 1 week ago #1851

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
With this type of conversion, the only soldering you have to do is wire-to-wire, which is very easy; you don't have to solder anything onto the soundboard directly, a more difficult process that requires a bit more finesse, so if you're not super comfortable with soldering this is a great project to start with :) I suggest going on youtube and watching some videos on how to solder, it helped me learn the correct process and has made it much easier and quicker for me to solder and feel like a pro, lol.

The best part is that the TCSS kit is full aluminum, while the blade holder from the stock MR sabers are plastic and no good for dueling. With the LED housed inside the TCSS metal blade holder after the conversion, you've not only made it possible to have the saber without a blade, but you've also converted your "OMG don't even lightly hit the blade against anything or one of the tiny LEDs in the blade strip will break resulting in dead spots" lightsaber into a full speed, full contact dueling saber :D

Let me know if you have any other questions before, during, or after your conversion! The first one is always a bit of a learning curve and can take a while. I had no idea what I was doing on my first conversion, but now I don't even have to follow the tutorial anymore and I can whip out a conversion in 30 minutes :) It's a lot of fun, and extremely satisfying when you finally put it all back together.

The following user(s) said Thank You: CShigeoK

MR Vader conversion questions 3 years 1 week ago #1855

• CShigeoK
thank you so much! im gonna order my sf LED 6w now and the tcss parts.. and a solder kit...

MR Vader conversion questions 3 years 1 week ago #1858

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
Good luck! :D

Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Disassembly?? (2 Posts)
    • As another new member, I have this question too. Does anyone know what SF uses to glue their parts...
    • Datachron Feedback (2 Posts)
    • I'm surprised they would.
    • Deep blue or Medium blue (2 Posts)
    • https://saberforge.com/products/led-colors Not owning either color, this is the quickest resource...
    • What length blade plug sh... (3 Posts)
    • A 2in should do nicely On the 07 emitter, the bottom 1.5in is for your LED
    • List of inspirations? (9 Posts)
    • Quote: Exhalted - Inspired by Jacen Solo ARES was named after the Son of Saberforge and was a precusror...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6256
  • Latest Member: erikaguirre323
  • Total Posts: 62.8k
  • Total Topics: 5279
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 14
  • Yesterday Answer: 31