Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: JChen's Korbanth Graflex 2.0

JChen's Korbanth Graflex 2.0 2 years 3 days ago #31801

• jc0522
  • Thank you received: 19
Hello Everyone,

So I saw Lord Callous post about his Graflex 2.0 so I decided to post my build here. I know on other forums where we have projects (for me it's fixing up my car and fresh water fish tanks!) we have "build threads" where we show the progress on our project.

I ordered two SF hilts, the Vengeance, and Epoch (which was unfortunately lost by the USPS). While waiting, I saw the opportunity to get this Graflex hilt so I jumped the gun and went for it. So basically in the past 3 months, I acquired 3 sabers haha. Definitely have a problem...

As of now, I've acquired Korbanth's Graflex 2.0 hilt on January 5, 2016. The kit came with technically 3 different versions you can do, ANH, ESB, and TFA. I also bought a 3d printed crystal reveal chassis by GOTH 3Designs and received that January 8, 2016. I sent it out immediately to a saber smith located in SoCal and he'll be doing the electronics for me.

Anyways, pictures are below and I will definitely update with pictures.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

JChen's Korbanth Graflex 2.0 2 years 3 days ago #31806

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not without mercy. Surrender and you may live."
  • Thank you received: 61
Well now I'm fkn stoked!! Man I can't wait!
"Destiny is a lie. Fate is the falsest of hopes. I am beyond prophecy. I forge my own path by making the difficult choices..."

JChen's Korbanth Graflex 2.0 2 years 3 days ago #31808

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 569
Wow, they're already packaging for The Force Awakens versions? Actually, what's the difference? I haven't heard yet. Looks great, either way.

JChen's Korbanth Graflex 2.0 2 years 3 days ago #31809

• jc0522
Lord Callous wrote:
Well now I'm fkn stoked!! Man I can't wait!

Tell me about it!!!!! But seriously, props to you for trying to tackle this project as your first build! Read it's not the easiest!

And I would MOST DEFINITELY recommend that chassis if you're interested. The designer is coming out with a crystal chamberless design later this month for half the price if you're tighter on budget!

JChen's Korbanth Graflex 2.0 2 years 3 days ago #31813

• jc0522
Borommakot wrote:
Wow, they're already packaging for The Force Awakens versions? Actually, what's the difference? I haven't heard yet. Looks great, either way.

Not that much of a difference. Mainly just the ESB hilt but the front red button is replaced with the glass eye from ANH.

JChen's Korbanth Graflex 2.0 2 years 3 days ago #31820

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
  • Thank you received: 72
I ordered mine from Park's sabers! I had to get this kit when I saw it. Damn you got it that fast?! Man, mine won't come in until early March! Do you guys know if that's right or maybe it might come in sooner?
Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.

JChen's Korbanth Graflex 2.0 2 years 3 days ago #31822

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
I literally ordered mine from Korbanth today at 5pm EST and got my shipping notice today at around 9pmEST.
"Destiny is a lie. Fate is the falsest of hopes. I am beyond prophecy. I forge my own path by making the difficult choices..."

JChen's Korbanth Graflex 2.0 2 years 3 days ago #31823

• jc0522
greyjediDude wrote:
I ordered mine from Park's sabers! I had to get this kit when I saw it. Damn you got it that fast?! Man, mine won't come in until early March! Do you guys know if that's right or maybe it might come in sooner?

Park's business partners with Korbanth but...I haven't heard great stuff about Parks.....I'm pretty sure they're the same kit too....but I MAY BE WRONG. If anyone knows...please correct me.

JChen's Korbanth Graflex 2.0 2 years 3 days ago #31824

• jc0522
Lord Callous wrote:
I literally ordered mine from Korbanth today at 5pm EST and got my shipping notice today at around 9pmEST.

Yea Korbanth is great! Replies super fast to any questions. You should get yours soon because he was sent an extra 100 so he has it just laying around. Not sure how much he's down to now. Last I read he had 60ish left over.

JChen's Korbanth Graflex 2.0 2 years 3 days ago #31826

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
Yeah, when I ordered mine he said that he was down to 30 or so, and expected to be sold out by the end of the week. He said that he is selling roughly 4 or 5 a day.

JChen's Korbanth Graflex 2.0 2 years 3 days ago #31832

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
jc0522 wrote:
greyjediDude wrote:

Park's business partners with Korbanth but...I haven't heard great stuff about Parks.....I'm pretty sure they're the same kit too....but I MAY BE WRONG. If anyone knows...please correct me.
Ah crap really? Now I'm worried. What sort of things? I don't mind waiting long, and Shameem from YouTube is always getting sabers from them so I didn't think there would be a problem. In his review he says they both are selling the exact same kits, it's just that Korbanth already sold out so that's why I had to go to Parks sabers
Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.

JChen's Korbanth Graflex 2.0 2 years 3 days ago #31833

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
My first lightsaber is a Parks, from 2005. Still kicking and still looks good. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Also, JChen is right, the kits are one and the same. When Korbanth was advertising them on FXsabers, they were listed as Parks/Korbanth.

JChen's Korbanth Graflex 2.0 2 years 3 days ago #31834

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
This is my Parks. Took it to the opening for ROTS in '05

Last Edit: 2 years 3 days ago by Lord Callous.

JChen's Korbanth Graflex 2.0 2 years 3 days ago #31835

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
Really?! :lol: Ok cuz I freaked out there for a bit. I thought I messed up or something. Thank the force

JChen's Korbanth Graflex 2.0 2 years 3 days ago #31839

• jc0522
greyjediDude wrote:
Really?! :lol: Ok cuz I freaked out there for a bit. I thought I messed up or something. Thank the force

Sorry! Didn't mean to freak you out. All I heard was he's stopped replying emails and sometimes the kit received were missing a few pieces here and there.

JChen's Korbanth Graflex 2.0 2 years 3 days ago #31840

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
jc0522 wrote:
greyjediDude wrote:

Sorry! Didn't mean to freak you out. All I heard was he's stopped replying emails and sometimes the kit received were missing a few pieces here and there.
How often did this occur? Do you think mine will be like that?

JChen's Korbanth Graflex 2.0 2 years 3 days ago #31842

• jc0522
greyjediDude wrote:
jc0522 wrote:
greyjediDude wrote:

How often did this occur? Do you think mine will be like that?

I think you'll be okay. I seen a few Graflex 2.0s that came from Parks, but I believe Korbanth had the majority of it. Most of the ones I've seen floating around have been from Korbanth.

JChen's Korbanth Graflex 2.0 2 years 3 days ago #31843

• Gorobulus
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 48
I have a real Graflex, its an older one with a blue Lux 5 and an ultrasound 2.5 soundboard in it. I will say the korbanth one looks very very close. The only real difference I see is that the glass eye doesn't seem to stick out quite as far as on mine. Probably because on a graflex the glass eye is also the blade set screw.

And the emitter looks smaller than mine does. But that could just be the picture as the emitter is facing away from the camera.

Overall, really really close though.

I wonder if I could ever get mine upgraded. The LED and soundboard are getting a little long in the tooth if they aren't totally obsolete aready lol.
Last Edit: 2 years 3 days ago by Gorobulus.

JChen's Korbanth Graflex 2.0 2 years 3 days ago #31844

• jc0522
Gorobulus wrote:
I have a real Graflex, its an older one with a blue Lux 5 and an ultrasound 2.5 soundboard in it. I will say the korbanth one looks very very close. The only real difference I see is that the glass eye doesn't seem to stick out quite as far as on mine. Probably because on a graflex the glass eye is also the blade set screw.

And the emitter looks smaller than mine does. But that could just be the picture as the emitter is facing away from the camera.

I wonder if I could ever get mine upgraded. The LED and soundboard are getting a little long in the tooth if they aren't totally obsolete aready lol.

Oh man! Definitely upgrade it! I don't know if you heard of the Yoda chassis (if not, google it). He sold a TFA version with his Yoda chassis for $3200 recently! Wowzers.

JChen's Korbanth Graflex 2.0 2 years 3 days ago #31846

• Gorobulus
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 48
jc0522 wrote:
Gorobulus wrote:

Oh man! Definitely upgrade it! I don't know if you heard of the Yoda chassis (if not, google it). He sold a TFA version with his Yoda chassis for $3200 recently! Wowzers.

Yea mine was built by Master Yoda to, but about 10 years ago. They weren't anywhere near the price he charges these days. It does have the chassis(or at least an early version of it) and the glowing blue crystal inside, though it isn't as elaborate as the ones he puts out today. Still, thousands of dollars is way out of my price range. If I could put a saberforge 12W arctic blue in it and a newer soundboard that would make me happy enough.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Saber Builder (14 Posts)
    • Thank you everyone responsible for getting our builder "FIX" working again...... I was getting...
    • Question about Veteran 2 ... (5 Posts)
    • Do as Brax suggests.... a lot of answeres there. will you be getting the ASP Plug-and-Play? if yes,...
    • Things I miss (21 Posts)
    • Hm. Googling doesn't show very good results. Sharangir, could you show me some pictures? Is there...
    • The Rebel Will Return! (4 Posts)
    • Has there been anymore info about any sort of time line for the rebel to be rereleased. Looking...
    • Saber Builder (14 Posts)
    • Quote: I can confirm. The builder is up! Thank you, whomever is responsible. Yup, regular link is working...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6431
  • Latest Member: Robertsmene
  • Total Posts: 63.9k
  • Total Topics: 5403
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 4
  • Yesterday Answer: 56