Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: UltraSabers|Story so far. Pt I

UltraSabers|Story so far. Pt I 1 year 11 months ago #34098

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1716
Stories are many and essentially comprise of three parts: The beginning, The Middle and The End.
I cannot foresee the end, and because of this lack of recognition that sets the parameter, there is no middle. So let this story start with the beginning.

This represents the dedicated feature that will contain notable pieces. As you can clearly identify, it's empty.

As a teaser that is the craftsmanship of Lightsabers, Four Brothers have joined the ranks paving the way for the endurances that lie ahead. I call them The Horsemen. So aptly represented in Darksiders, there's War (Crimson Scorpion-Emerald Green), Death (Raven SSE-RGB), Fury (Custom Consular-Guardian Blue) & Strife (Manticore CE-Pyrestone Orange).

I cannot fault these Hilts. They are what they are. There is generous weight, girth & length-illumination & sound that breathes life and glow into any darkened (or lit) room.
Scorpion handles like a Mace (or more accurately like what I imagine the Chaoseater wields like) Heavy and thunderous with each aggressive strike. From the shine-through of the flanged emitter with extended claw to the intricately detailed body and skull crushing Pommel. The Crimson coloured body a true measure of fury & rage. Length=19.5 inches.

Raven whilst far reaching, is aided by the lengthy claws that extend from the emitter. Surprisingly this is a lot lighter than above and the silver accent rings fused in the grip makes wielding more secure and comfortable without any obstruction. Length=21 inches.

Consular gives absolute freedom. I changed in an Archon 2 Emitter to a vented coupler to gain multiple shine through on blade activation. The vertical chiseling of the vents is mimicked with a War Glaive Pommel. The satin silver shroud that shields the grooved body mixes up swiftness without compromising on solidness of grip. Length (customised)=13.5 inches.

Manticore handles great also. Like the others, they're solidly assembled with no rattling parts. Because of the sleek design it works wonders as a Shoto to the Consular for quick fluid movement as compared to the first two where movement is slower (and more tiring). I opted for the Nickel Plated finish as a point of difference. A nice parallel to the mirror of silver in the Consular. I love this for the uniqueness of the Emitter. Length=12 inches.

Story So far.. will continue into
Part II - SaberForge Custom Shop (SF Custom):
Verse 1: Unearthed: Crystal Shattered Exalted
Verse 2: Fatigued: Crystal Black Chrome Monarch
Verse 3: Trophy: Nickel Plated DT High Polish Etched Reborn
Verse 4: Ceremonial: High Polish Nickel Plate over Etched Grandmaster Single.
Part III - Saberforge Direct (SF),
Part IV - Genesis Custom Sabers (GCS),
Part V - Vader's Vault (VV)
Part VI - Lord Dottore Matto Custom Sabers (LDM),
Part VII - Starfall Sabers (SS)
Part VIII - Sabermach (SM)
Part IX - JQ Sabers (JQS)
Part X,
Part XI - SaberForge Pre-Owned (SFPO)
Part XII..
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by OvrcAHst.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr

The Story so far...Part I-Ultrasabers 1 year 11 months ago #34102

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 548
Cool collection. I like the cut-outs and shine thru on their emitters. According to the measurements they are quite large hilts. What SF hilt will you get first.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

The Story so far...Part I-Ultrasabers 1 year 11 months ago #34107

• OvrcAHst
What SF hilt will you get first.
:lol: You wanting a preview into Part II?
Part II will consist of: Grandmaster Single, Reborn, Monarch, Exhalted. Justin's working his magic on them as we exchange these words.

The Story so far...Part I-Ultrasabers 1 year 11 months ago #34108

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
Ah, maybe Ive seen some post of your sabers being constructed or finished? I have seen two monarchs one has a wrapped handle - control box and reborn having the emitter milled. Perhaps one of these is yours. That is an impressive order did you win the lottery haha
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by =Ottomatix=.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gnost-Dural

The Story so far...Part I-Ultrasabers 1 year 11 months ago #34109

• OvrcAHst
I suspected the same for the Reborn simply as it is the only known one out there with custom windows (cos I'm a sucker for shine-throughs) but JP wouldn't confirm or deny. I'm happy thinking that it is though. As for the Monarch, I doubt it. I have seen the two featured and whilst they look amazing, I went for a different colour scheme and am not too keen on wraps. (unless they're for lunch)

Hardly the lottery. :cheer: Just had money saved for a while and since I've done what I wanted to my car figured why not and get me some Sabers.

The Story so far...Part I-Ultrasabers 1 year 11 months ago #34110

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
Well four sabers in the Custom Shop is still a lot of $. Can't wait to see your new collection.

The Story so far...Part I-Ultrasabers 1 year 11 months ago #34135

• OvrcAHst
Oh these aren't simultaneous. They're more gradual with an eventuality. Agreed, it equates to lots of $$ but due to build queues and existing commissions with Sabersmiths I've agreed to an extensive production. I commented on another post referencing 12months plus and in this initial post the reference to endurance reflects this. If only this alleged 950 Million USD Powerball recently in the media was won by me I could fast track them and get many more!
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by OvrcAHst.

The Story so far...Part I-Ultrasabers 1 year 11 months ago #34146

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
Ouin OvrcAHst wrote:
What SF hilt will you get first.
:lol: You wanting a preview into Part II?
Part II will consist of: Grandmaster Single, Reborn, Monarch, Exhalted. Justin's working his magic on them as we exchange these words.
Oh,ok I was under the impression that Justin was working on THEM as we exchange these words.

The Story so far...Part I-Ultrasabers 1 year 11 months ago #34155

• OvrcAHst
I suspect he dabs on sections working on all his Commissions rather completing one entirely before moving to the next. Part of the impression is correct as he's got em all, whether he's doing all now and sitting on them till I can take them is another matter. The longer production worked out beneficial mutually as he didn't have to commit to a normal custom time frame where he could pick it up then put it down and it gave me more financial flexibility. I got them mixed: through Etsy, SF and JP direct. It was a logistical nightmare any other way and ridiculous in shipping for to and fro being in Australia.

The Story so far...Part I-Ultrasabers 1 year 11 months ago #34280

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1458
I will be following this story with interest!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

The Story so far...Part I-Ultrasabers 1 year 11 months ago #34281

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 656
That's a very lethal collection. Any Jedi / Sith beware!
"I am the Senate"

The Story so far...Part I-Ultrasabers 1 year 11 months ago #34285

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
People tend to have less than stellar opinions about Ultrasabers around here, but if you like them and they do what they need to, then that's awesome! :cheer: I've been considering getting a grab bag saber from them as a practice saber I won't have to worry about getting beat up. :dry:

The scorpion is actually the inspiration behind my ASP saber (I plan on only leaving one claw on): :whistle:

2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Jaden Korr.

The Story so far...Part I-Ultrasabers 1 year 11 months ago #34292

• h5o
  • Thank you received: 11
I picked up a grab bag cause i was excited about finally ordering my 1st lightsaber from here. US was another i looked at but i couldnt pick a saber from their catalog. The designs are different and i liked it. so, a grab bag was my solution. Random and under 100 i figured, why not.

Grab bag ended up being Aeon V4. Nice saber hilt. Pretty long and sleek design. I like it. i too practice with it. Its a stunt saber but its going to evolve. i plan to detail it with some sort of weathering and upgrade it. The Aeon V4 is long and I figured that heavy, cracked weathering of some sort should be a good feature to customize it with.

For now, its a grab bag saber i can learn with. Its just a battery and LED module inside. Thing is its one piece. Part of me wants to take whatevers inside and see how everything works.
How would adding sound or even Quick connects would be. Just a personal project to work my way into fixing it when that time comes.
The Force existed long before the Jedi and Sith united under the light and dark.
It will be here long after these empires crumble...

The Story so far...Part I-Ultrasabers 1 year 10 months ago #34662

• OvrcAHst
Brax wrote:
I will be following this story with interest!
Thanks for the support Brax. Just hope now I don't fail to meet expectations and can deliver.

What criteria is deemed important to be met when doing Reviews?
It's becoming a virtually daily routine of mine (time permitting) to read reviews by other members posted forwards and backwards. It's beyond my resources available to record a video review with or without theatrics and even the image quality on photos seems compromised to stay within the upload limits.

I shall learn from the criticisms.

The Story so far...Part I-Ultrasabers 1 year 10 months ago #39164

• OvrcAHst
Review Update.

It's been a little while that I've had these Ultrasabers now. Have had more of an opportunity to handle each of these in an attempt to assess them further. Medium to heavy duels were conducted versus my brothers US Guardian with Heavy Grade Blade against my mid-graded blade. Not surprisingly really, both sets of blades survived the confrontation. Yes, there were several scuff marks on the outer surface, but no cracks, crinkles and none of the infamous blade tips flying off (maybe the swings just weren't hard enough?)

The HGB (swapped between us) is sturdy, rigid and stiff but adds unnecessary weight affecting the balance. The MGB whilst still tough, but of slight thinner wall construction is aided by perpetuating a whipping motion with swings as it has a tendency to flex a little all and is considerably lighter. Both Blades = 32 inches.

On a spinning, twirling and shadow duel scenarios, further amendments need to be made to my initial observations. The Hilts are still pretty to look at and sound and brightness is acceptable. (this however is biased for now as I have no other Vendors products for premise of comparison..yet) I have concluded that gripping each of the four isn't very favourable with bare hands. There's insufficient grip to prevent the hilts from sliding away other than the emitters or pommels as a stopper be it single or two-handed wield.
Just looking pretty isn't good enough though. It's not a framed photo designed to do just that to hang on the wall. You look at them and want to touch them, hold them and play with them. Great entry introductory pieces. Probably a good thing these were purchased as Obsidian Lites rather than going for the Premium versions.

Crimson Scorpion:
This thing is heavy. Unnecessarily so. I compare it to the old-school cell phones versus smaller, lighter more effective ones that we have now. I commented in another Post about the single claw feature. Looks aggressive and IMO quite cool. Accidental suicide happens a lot if these were real. The claw tips weight balance against you (and maybe its my own incompetence) scrape and cut myself every time. The combined length and a beefy Pommel just doesn't make handling sense. Aesthetics Yes, but that's about it. The intimidation that exudes from it is likely more that the size & weight of it will hurt as a throwing object than as a duelling weapon. Maybe just a pretty dumbbell.
Raven SSE:
Much similar to above but with lots more sharp edges. When you wield something you'd expect an unrestrained firm grip and not bare grasp of a knife by its blade over the hilt. Holding it up high around the blade holder where the claws are screwed and at the very base just above the Pommel is the only comfortable sections. Problem is, there's a lot of in between area that is unused. The claws (3) create some symmetry and balance different to CS above but the extra length.. (again for looks)
Consular & Manticore:
Slipper little suckers-enough said. Consular's Covertech location is poorly chosen. Gets in the way for single grip and same for double. Removing the Covertech wheel except retention screw doesn't help much. Screw is here to hold the shroud down.

1. inlaid grip provide no grip.
2. covertech gets in the way.
3. shroud angled design snags and cuts.
4. AV switch would make sense if recessed.
5. more slippery than 1. and when grips loosens you meet a sharp aluminium edge.
6. coupler used for shine-through. looks great. Satisfies my liking being a sucker for shine-throughs. But now I may as well have a pack of razor blades as gripping strips.

Like Jar Jar Binks' (debatable) popularity is to SWE1TPM, these four Hilts share that association relative to the other Parts to come. This may seem like a hate review. On the contrary, still like these (may appear unconvincingly) as they're my first Sabers. Great to look at. Still gets shivers on activation. Lights up well. These may simply become permanent shelf sitters with the occasional light-up and sound play and a different coloured torch to the previous Maglite.

Didn't intend on spending this much time on Part I as over the grand scheme of the building collection-it is the introduction.

Thanks for reading and hope your experiences with these specific Hilts prove to be more rewarding for you than they did for me. Here's some pics.

The Story so far...Part I-Ultrasabers 1 year 9 months ago #46831

• OvrcAHst
Just a few additional pictures for Darth Crain's benefit (and anyone that's interested), hope it helps.

The Story so far...Part I-Ultrasabers 1 year 9 months ago #46853

• Darth Crain
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 70
OvrcAHst wrote:
Just a few additional pictures for Darth Crain's benefit (and anyone that's interested), hope it helps.

Thank you OvrcAHst ! You are right, you ate right the color looks different. I still like it.
And I'm glad I have a more accurate expectation. .

The Story so far...Part I-Ultrasabers 1 year 9 months ago #47090

• Darth Crain
  • Elite Member
Hey OvrcAHst!

Guess what? I ordered the Crimson scorpion today !
I just didn't want to miss the chance at winning a raffle. . So I decided not to wait and placed an order.
Got it with obsidian v4 sound. .. I was struggling with the FoC but decided not to get it because I want to have the brightest blazing red possible. . Really looking forward to it. . It will be a long time. .. but I have the grab bag at home and tomorrow I get my hero Exhalted! ! So I'll be ok waiting!
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Darth Crain. Reason: typo

The Story so far...Part I-Ultrasabers 1 year 9 months ago #47223

• OvrcAHst
@Darth Crain
I just didn't want to miss the chance at winning a raffle. . So I decided not to wait and placed an order. Got it with obsidian v4 sound. .. I was struggling with the FoC but decided not to get it because I want to have the brightest blazing red possible. . Really looking forward to it. . It will be a long time. .. but I have the grab bag at home and tomorrow I get my hero Exhalted! ! So I'll be ok waiting!
And here I was scratching my head with seasonal confusion wondering that spring/summer came around quick. :huh: Good on you with the decision, now rather postponed. I can only imagine the possibilities with the Obsidian V4 with only knowing Lites.
Agreed with the wait time, I believe it's a +/- 14 weeks instead of a reasonable +/- 2 weeks. :lol:

That Exalted came around quick or was it in the making for a while before being mentioned?
An exciting incoming Review for all to marvel at.

Spring Raffle participant. Now wouldn't it be uncanny and quite surreal if you actually won the Raffle and instead of the commonly known lower end Hilts, were awarded with a second Scorpion!?

Better yet, PUUUPPPPIIES!

or still, the 'Knock-Off' Toys Topic that Gaelis Posted recently with Adan Valera/Dav Yeager's combined "Mr. Miyoda" :lol:

The Story so far...Part I-Ultrasabers 1 year 9 months ago #47229

• Darth Crain
  • Elite Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
@Darth Crain
I just didn't want to miss the chance at winning a raffle. . So I decided not to wait and placed an order. Got it with obsidian v4 sound. .. I was struggling with the FoC but decided not to get it because I want to have the brightest blazing red possible. . Really looking forward to it. . It will be a long time. .. but I have the grab bag at home and tomorrow I get my hero Exhalted! ! So I'll be ok waiting!
And here I was scratching my head with seasonal confusion wondering that spring/summer came around quick. :huh: Good on you with the decision, now rather postponed. I can only imagine the possibilities with the Obsidian V4 with only knowing Lites.
Agreed with the wait time, I believe it's a +/- 14 weeks instead of a reasonable +/- 2 weeks. :lol:

That Exalted came around quick or was it in the making for a while before being mentioned?
An exciting incoming Review for all to marvel at.

Spring Raffle participant. Now wouldn't it be uncanny and quite surreal if you actually won the Raffle and instead of the commonly known lower end Hilts, were awarded with a second Scorpion!?

Better yet, PUUUPPPPIIES!

or still, the 'Knock-Off' Toys Topic that Gaelis Posted recently with Adan Valera/Dav Yeager's combined "Mr. Miyoda" :lol:

Thanks!... The Exhalted was ordered on 12/24/15 .. so it's been quite a journey... but I am happy that it is almost here.. It would be great if I win any prize... I prefer the puppies too lol Yes, there will be a review as soon as I can and I still have to try a video with the voice enhancer with my sith costume ..
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Weathering practice (2 Posts)
    • Rustolem hammered metal?
    • Weathering practice (2 Posts)
    • [attachment] While I wait for my new sabers to arrive, I thought I'd kill some time by trying some...
    • First Lightsaber, what el... (7 Posts)
    • Champion 3.0 ASP cones with energy vibration included and if you go the ASP rout abut put it...
    • Thanks a lot everyone!!! Also, a friend asked me, if he purchases one of the shoto or apprentice...
    • 1 year warrenty, energy vibe and garenteed done right is worth the money imo

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6260
  • Latest Member: LightSideSpiderSteve
  • Total Posts: 62.8k
  • Total Topics: 5280
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 19
  • Yesterday Answer: 31