Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Review: Excubiarum

Review: Excubiarum 2 years 8 months ago #9259

• Sparrowhawk
  • Thank you received: 18
So I was lucky enough to get to buy the Excubiarum from SF Master Lucien Kane, who works for Saberforge. This saber is not an official Saberforge saber, but it has all the guts of one, with the Viridian soundfont and a 12W LED.

First impressions: this saber is lighter and more slender than I thought, in a good way. The detailing is great, especially the emitter and grenade grip. The seller was good enough to install quick disconnects and include an extra pink LED, which he custom made for me.

Downsides: the pink LED comes out as pretty much red. The pink LED doesn’t quite fit into the emitter, but it’s nothing that a bit of electrical tape won’t fix. Also, the pommel has the speaker attached to it, so it's not possible to make a staff out of it with another MHS compatible saber.

Upsides: light and compact, especially when compared to the Ultrasabers Manticore. The blade is super bright, especially in yellow. The blade is solid and seems to show colors better than Ultrasabers blades. The seller also included a blade plug, Covertech clip, allen wrench, and charger, all free of charge. The seller was willing to include all of these freebies and install the quick disconnects during his busy work schedule, of which I am very appreciative.

Overall conclusions: this is my first Saberforge-ish saber. I bought this because I thought it would go well with my Ultrasabers Manticore to dual-wield. Little did I know that this saber would turn out to be awesome in its own right. This saber is definitely a keeper and a great value considering it's almost like a custom-made saber made by an expert sabersmith. If you get the opportunity to buy a saber from SF Master Lucien Kane , do not hesitate, buy it!. I highly recommend this saber and consider this the first of many Saberforge purchases.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dauntless 7, MDTaylor

Review: Excubiarum 2 years 8 months ago #9264

• maxjive
  • Thank you received: 3
Sparrow,

Question: Have you tried swapping the blades from the Manticore to the Excubiarum? I'm assuming the Manticore has an Ultraedge blade and was wondering of that helped even out the illumination on the Excubiarum. Sweet hilt though!!

Review: Excubiarum 2 years 8 months ago #9267

• Sparrowhawk
MDTaylor: haha, yes, I've wondered, too, about the correct Latin pronunciation. I'm just going to go with Scooby for now :P

maxjive: Yes, in the pics I posted, the Manticore has an Ultraedge blade. I'll post pics tonight of the Excubarium with the UItraEdge and Midgrade blades for comparison.

Review: Excubiarum 2 years 8 months ago #9287

• Sparrowhawk
Here you go. The Infinity blade is on top and the Ultraedge is on the bottom. Honestly, I can't tell the difference in person. So any differences you may see in the pics aren't that noticeable in person. Overall, I'm impressed with the Infinity Blade and don't see any any glaring weaknesses to any of the blade types.

Review: Excubiarum 2 years 4 months ago #17260

• Sparrowhawk
Just a quick update: there were some issues with the quick disconnect (that Lucien graciously agreed to install for me). Long story short, he fixed the issue and threw in an extra Cyan LED. Awesome! Everything works great now! Now I have a custom saber with sound and 3 LEDs: yellow, purple, and cyan. I had to wait a bit, but the wait was definitely worth it!

Review: Excubiarum 2 years 3 months ago #19761

• sf master Lucien Kane
  • Premium Member
  • Knight of Tythos Ridge
  • Thank you received: 135
Happy to help! Glad we got it in top shape for you!
"This challenge you will not overcome. Your lightsaber is nothing against the power of the dark side."
"That's why I always carry two."

Review: Excubiarum 1 year 9 months ago #47203

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
  • Ruler of the Waiting Guild: Round N Round is the motto, Up and Down will you follow?
  • Thank you received: 123
That is one very nice saber my friend. I remember seeing Daniel selling it on Facebook, but I had no idea who the lucky buyer was. Congratulations :)!
"Honor is a fool's price. Honor is of no use to the dead."

- Custom SaberForge Monarch
- Vader's Vault REV-N Elite + Graflex
- Korbanth Kylo Ren
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Deep blue or Medium blue (2 Posts)
    • https://saberforge.com/products/led-colors Not owning either color, this is the quickest resource...
    • What length blade plug sh... (3 Posts)
    • A 2in should do nicely On the 07 emitter, the bottom 1.5in is for your LED
    • List of inspirations? (9 Posts)
    • Quote: Exhalted - Inspired by Jacen Solo ARES was named after the Son of Saberforge and was a precusror...
    • Deep blue or Medium blue (2 Posts)
    • Can someone show me the difference between medium blue and deep blue? I cant decide and can only...
    • List of inspirations? (9 Posts)
    • Exhalted - Inspired by Jacen Solo ARES was named after the Son of Saberforge and was a precusror...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6256
  • Latest Member: erikaguirre323
  • Total Posts: 62.8k
  • Total Topics: 5279
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 12
  • Yesterday Answer: 31