Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: My Parks Graflex 2.0 saber kit.

My Parks Graflex 2.0 saber kit. 4 months 2 weeks ago #39203

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
  • Thank you received: 71
Guys I'm so pumped! :woohoo: I just got back from school no more than 5 minutes ago and as I drive in I meet up with the biggest surprise: a USPS carrier with a small parcel for ME?! I thought, "Nah that's impossible, my Graflex wasn't suppose to arrive until early MARCH. Well Il'll be damned, she arrived. This is the exact same saber that Korbanth and other saber vendors are selling. I'm a firm believer that all saber collectors has to have a Graflex in there collection. As I type this review I'll post pics along the way. Enjoy guys, this will be my FIRST DIY EVER! Who'll join me on this right of passage?!
Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by greyjediDude.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr, Borommakot

My Parks Graflex 2.0 saber kit. 4 months 2 weeks ago #39204

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 378
Awesome! Good luck!

My Parks Graflex 2.0 saber kit. 4 months 2 weeks ago #39207

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
To be honest, I have no idea what I'm doing.
Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jonny427

My Parks Graflex 2.0 saber kit. 4 months 2 weeks ago #39208

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not without mercy. Surrender and you may live."
  • Thank you received: 60
I'm in the process of putting mine together as well. It's killer waiting for the electronics to come in. I just got my Goth crystal chamber chasis today which was the last thing I thought I was going to be waiting for, until Vader's Vault came out with the 1" bore. So now I'm waiting on that. In the meantime, I'm gonna get my wiring done.
"Destiny is a lie. Fate is the falsest of hopes. I am beyond prophecy. I forge my own path by making the difficult choices..."

My Parks Graflex 2.0 saber kit. 4 months 2 weeks ago #39209

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
Goth (Darth Ryo) has a step by step. If you are installing electronics, you may want to check it out if this is your first build. There is a slight bit of modification that goes into this install.
"Destiny is a lie. Fate is the falsest of hopes. I am beyond prophecy. I forge my own path by making the difficult choices..."

My Parks Graflex 2.0 saber kit. 4 months 2 weeks ago #39213

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 327
I should be getting mine from Korbanth this week, then all I have to wait for is for TCSS to be restocked. This week or next they're supposed to be getting some NB V3s as well as some custom sized tri-rebels and heatsinks, though I haven't decided what kind of LED I want yet. Now that the V3s have the PEx built in I could use one of SF's quad Crees, but I rather get as much of my parts in one place as I can (I'm already having to get my switches and wire from Pololu and pay for ridiculous shipping).

I also wanted to get the 1" blade holder, but I'm not sure how much more money I want to spend on my build (it's my first as well). I'm not going too fancy with the chassis (just a standard TCSS disk based one), but I am trying a mod to make the saber turn on at the control box.
Forum FAQ
2005 MR Vader, Graflex 2.0, ASP hilt

My Parks Graflex 2.0 saber kit. 4 months 2 weeks ago #39220

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
Didn't take me very but here are the pics:

My Parks Graflex 2.0 saber kit. 4 months 2 weeks ago #39226

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
I don't know why but I can't upload more pictures. I ran into a bit of a problem, the red button that goes into the top socket, how did you guys get in there and to stay?

My Parks Graflex 2.0 saber kit. 4 months 2 weeks ago #39229

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
Lord Callous wrote:
Goth (Darth Ryo) has a step by step. If you are installing electronics, you may want to check it out if this is your first build. There is a slight bit of modification that goes into this install.
Nah I think I'm going to keep this one a shelf queen. Maybe in the future I'll send it to Shameem for the installs. Hey by any chance do you know how to keep the red button to stay inside the socket? It's seems to be missing something I don't know but it doesn't stay inside the hole, am I just gonna have to use glue or something?

My Parks Graflex 2.0 saber kit. 4 months 2 weeks ago #39230

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
greyjediDude wrote:
I don't know why but I can't upload more pictures. I ran into a bit of a problem, the red button that goes into the top socket, how did you guys get in there and to stay?

I read on the FX sabers thread that your supposed to use some glue to get it to stay.
Forum FAQ
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Jaden Korr. Reason: Quote bracket

My Parks Graflex 2.0 saber kit. 4 months 2 weeks ago #39232

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
Hey Jaden,

Unfortunately the Vader's Vault 1"bore adapter is sold out - sold in a matter of hours. But the TCSS is supposed to be working on one of their own. The advantage of the 1" bore is that you can utilize the 7/8 blade and heat sink, but not the other way around. They have also modified the bore to allow for an aux button install that you will otherwise have to mod on the stock 7/8 bore. I hear that it's not too difficult though.

Yeah, I'm waiting for the TCSS restock too. I need 2 NB's for my Korbanth Sid and Black Lotus install. I'm installing a spark color 2 in the Graflex.

My Parks Graflex 2.0 saber kit. 4 months 2 weeks ago #39235

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
FInished. Unfortunately, the circuitboard card wouldn't stay I the clasp, it would easily slide out, but the bubble strip fit perfectly. I guess you can say it's a new version of the Graflex, it combines all the graflexes into one!

My Parks Graflex 2.0 saber kit. 4 months 2 weeks ago #39236

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
Stupid thing won't let me upload pictures. Must be the weather here, it's chaotic outside, I'll try later.

My Parks Graflex 2.0 saber kit. 4 months 2 weeks ago #39241

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
I didn't even realize they were ready. Oh well. :P The main reason I was considering it was that I really didn't like the 7/8" blades/ blade supplies TCSS has, and wanted to use SF's V4 blade that'll be coming with my ASP saber.

Plector Labs had some boards ready recently, but they too sold out in an hour or so (I found out about a half hour too late). Hopefully once TCSS gets restocked they have everything I need, because I really dislike paying for multiple shipments, but I know as soon as the boards come in I'll have to jump on it.

I'm glad greyjediDude posted this thread, as it made me excited about my build again. I was starting to get buyer's remorse while waiting, as it was kind of an impulse buy while waiting for my ASP saber.

Here's a picture of the "mod" I was talking about:

It's really just two switches (the kind that come with a momentary to latching converter board) mounted on something to fit inside the clamp. I saw this on the IRA forum, but the guy who started the thread was charging like $13 plus shipping for the setup (I think he was buying the whole converter and just taking the switches). So I found the switches in $0.95 5 pack on Pololu's site.
Forum FAQ

My Parks Graflex 2.0 saber kit. 4 months 2 weeks ago #39249

• JediJacob04
  • Future Jedi Master
Hey, this has nothing to do with the topic, but how do you do the banner at the bottom of your post?

My Parks Graflex 2.0 saber kit. 4 months 2 weeks ago #39250

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
Yeah totally, your welcome I guess, glad to bring happiness to fellow members. I now have three sabers in my collection. Now what's next is my ASP saber from the indiegogo campaign, that's my baby waiting to born! Once I've got that in my possession I'm going to get an Archon in indigo.
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by greyjediDude.

My Parks Graflex 2.0 saber kit. 4 months 2 weeks ago #39287

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
That's what I was thinking, it might become the Graflex for EpVIII.

My Parks Graflex 2.0 saber kit. 4 months 2 weeks ago #39292

• CallMeMistaJ
  • Premium Member
  • "So... Malak was the original meatbag? I like that idea." ―Revan, to HK-47, after recovering his memory
  • Thank you received: 49
My theory was a lightsaber staff or pike, in either purple or blue.
Own
-Champ 12+ watt Phoenix

Want
-Monarch
-Sinister Prophecy
-Oracle

My Parks Graflex 2.0 saber kit. 4 months 2 weeks ago #39294

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
Not exactly a spoiler, so alert not necessary, since it's all speculation and theory than accurate info..part of me thinks that Rey won't wield a conventional saber in epviii (even if she does). I reckon it may play along the design of her spear/pole/spike seen in epvii and incorporate like a double emitter focusing inwards towards each other, kinda like a reversed staff?? Likely I've just a severe case of the stoopids.
I'm not sure if the spoiler tag is still necessary this long after episode VII has been in theaters, but just in case, SPOILERS FOR THE FORCE AWAKENS BELOW!!!!!!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Alright, you've been warned.

I too hope Rey builds a new saber in episode VIII (hopefully either a staff, a pike, or something new), not only because it would be cool, but because everyone else who has used Anakin's saber has suffered life changing injuries while wielding it.
  1. Anakin lost his 3 remaining limbs and was burnt to a crisp
  2. Luke lost his dominant hand
  3. Finn took a saber slash to the spine, and hasn't regained consciousness yet
Han also used the saber, but as a tool instead of a weapon (cutting open the Tauntaun), so it doesn't really count.
Forum FAQ
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Jaden Korr. Reason: Fixing code (again)

My Parks Graflex 2.0 saber kit. 4 months 2 weeks ago #39371

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
Yeah it's a quote from Kyle Katarn from Jedi Academy , right before you start your training, and I've always liked it.
So to differentiate, force lightning to lightly toast my bread in the morning to have with my cup-o-jo = Good? but to force lightning someone else's already made toast and burn it = evil? ;)

Pushes up nerd glasses and does his best Comic Book Guy voice
"Actually, Sith Lightning can only come from a place of anger and aggression. A more apt comparison would be using the Jedi equivalent called Electric Judgement, first used by Plo Koon to stop the criminal Dreed Pommel from kidnapping Claria Labreezle on the planet of Metellos in 44 BBY."

Takes off nerd glasses and resumes using the voice of a more reasonable person

But yeah, what you said pretty much sums it up. :)
Forum FAQ
The following user(s) said Thank You: Borommakot
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Wait Begins! 3.0 (1940 Posts)
    • Quote: uugghhh... £70 ($102) customs charge.. but it should be here tomorrow. I really hope there's...
    • Problem w/ASP Sabercore e... (2 Posts)
    • Messed up sound card would be my guess. :huh: Keep us posted, thanks for sharing your experience....
    • Wait Begins! 3.0 (1940 Posts)
    • uugghhh... £70 ($102) customs charge.. but it should be here tomorrow. I really hope there's...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4297
  • Latest Member: Saint^11
  • Total Posts: 44.6k
  • Total Topics: 3249
  • Total Sections: 20
  • Total Categories: 101
  • Today Open: 5
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 36
  • Yesterday Answer: 77