• Page:

TOPIC: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Star Wars: The Old Republic 2 months 1 day ago #87105

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "There is no death, there is the Force...no one's ever really gone."
  • Thank you received: 305
Just facepalmed so hard...

I went through the entire Revanite sidequest in SWTOR as the Sith Warrior, being genuinely interested. Since Jehlkarr Calsius is the ancestor of Oryonn Calsius and Darth Cathylk, two characters from my Gray Jedi story, I figured this would be the perfect way to have Jehlkarr break away from the Sith and go to the light side.

Nope. Misread the final prompt and gave the Revanite Master's identity away. Damn it!

I don't suppose there's a way to reverse actions in SWTOR...

Xiphos, Eris, Oracle Shoto
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Star Wars: The Old Republic 2 months 1 day ago #87107

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 372
Eddlyss64 wrote:

Not after the conversation is finished. Next time you make a bad choice in a conversation, hit Esc before the conversation is over. That cancels the conversation and you can try again.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Last Edit: 2 months 1 day ago by scifidude79.

Star Wars: The Old Republic 2 months 1 day ago #87108

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
scifidude79 wrote:
Eddlyss64 wrote:

Not after the conversation is finished. Next time you make a bad choice in a conversation, hit Esc before the conversation is over. That cancels the conversation and you can try again.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

That makes me feel worse!! My gut feeling was that I could undo this, but I didn't think about it! Ugh, now I'm going to go to sleep trying to figure out how to fix this!

Is there another Revanite sequence later on, or was that my only shot?

Star Wars: The Old Republic 2 months 1 day ago #87115

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
It’s a planetary story mission for Dromund Kaas. As far as I know, that’s all there is to it, though I may be wrong. I’ve never actually played any of the class stories all the way through.

Star Wars: The Old Republic 2 months 1 day ago #87116

• Ser Arcturis
  • Elite Member
  • Occupation? No, just visiting.
  • Thank you received: 50
I am looking for a squad of players who would be willing to start new characters and play with me :)
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometres away using an aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Star Wars: The Old Republic 2 months 1 day ago #87123

• Sharangir
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Dude, I'd really love to, but I ain't got time..

I played both the Consular (flower loving healer) and the Sith Assassin (very evil chick) completely through (every single mission!!!)
Then, I also had a bounty hunter, but focused mostly on pvp.

(That was in the first year of the game, though.. never played after my sub ran out)

Star Wars: The Old Republic 2 months 1 day ago #87127

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 545
Eddlyss64 wrote:

That makes me feel worse!! My gut feeling was that I could undo this, but I didn't think about it! Ugh, now I'm going to go to sleep trying to figure out how to fix this!

There's Revanite stuff mmuuuuucccchhhhh later in the game, but nothing from Dromund Kaas has any importance to it.

Easiest fix... delete character and restart. Doesn't take long to blow through starting arcs.

One tip for the future: go to Preferences and enable "show conversation alignment gain". Definitely helps in these situations where you want to go a certain route on the dialog. Sometimes what the prompt says ends up being totally different from what your character ACTUALLY says, and even if it's a Light/Dark response... I ESC out just to RP the conversation a little better. With the new Light/Dark toggle from Galactic Command, a gain/loss of the "wrong" points here and there in conversations doesn't really matter that much.
Forum shutting down? Oh no!
Come and join THE VAULT: A Custom Lightsaber Community
Last Edit: 2 months 1 day ago by KelbornX.

Star Wars: The Old Republic 2 months 1 day ago #87129

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
KelbornX wrote:
Eddlyss64 wrote:

There's Revanite stuff mmuuuuucccchhhhh later in the game, but nothing from Dromund Kaas has any importance to it.

Easiest fix... delete character and restart. Doesn't take long to blow through starting arcs.

One tip for the future: go to Preferences and enable "show conversation alignment gain". Definitely helps in these situations where you want to go a certain route on the dialog. Sometimes what the prompt says ends up being totally different from what your character ACTUALLY says, and even if it's a Light/Dark response... I ESC out just to RP the conversation a little better. With the new Light/Dark toggle from Galactic Command, a gain/loss of the "wrong" points here and there in conversations doesn't really matter that much.

I could do that...or, because I'm lazy, I could just roll with it and continue to undermine the Sith from the inside and hope Revan's ghost doesn't come back to haunt me.

And I mean, thanks to Rebels, Star Wars has time travel now... so that's a thing...

Last Edit: 2 months 1 day ago by Eddlyss64.

Star Wars: The Old Republic 1 month 4 weeks ago #87167

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
I really wouldn't worry too much about it. Those planet story missions are self contained. They begin and end on the planet you play them on. Neither decision will really have much affect on anything, other than (possible) companion affection and light/dark side points. You get a follow-up message using the in-game mail, but nothing else really comes of it, no matter what choices you made. There are story arcs on pretty much any planet, they're good for XP and gear that you won't get just doing the main story quests.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddlyss64

Star Wars: The Old Republic 1 month 1 week ago #88054

• Magnar
  • Thank you received: 9
Long time SWTOR player here, nice to see some here still play. Been playing since early beta, started as a bounty hunter, currently I main a Jedi sentinel. I'm on Star Forge server, character name Magnar Luccien. I've often got scores of crystals and hilts available for any jedi friends out there. Message me in game some time! (Side note I am on council in a well known Jedi RP Guild, should that intrest you)

Star Wars: The Old Republic 4 weeks 2 days ago #88735

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
So in between college work and lightsaber toiling, I've been playing a lot of SWTOR, obviously (I have no life :P ). I'm still Free-to-play and all that. I decided to go into the Fleet once to see about buying a new offhand lightsaber to replace the Force Adept's Saber I've been using, which has no customization and the only way to add augment slots is to pay real money for, which just ain't happening.

So, tl;dr, how does one obtain enough Unassembled Components to buy a new saber with? Is it purely PvP oriented? If so, then I won't worry about it.

Star Wars: The Old Republic 4 weeks 2 days ago #88741

• Magnar
unassembled components can be earned from almost any activity once you hit level 70. outside of that then you'll have to grind either Space PvP, or regular PvP. anything you do buy with those unassembled will be for a level 70 toon (I'm guessing you have reached that). if you are on Star Forge server, i can probably get you a 246 item rating saber no cost to you. i've many hilts and many crafting friends including myself to offer.

Star Wars: The Old Republic 4 weeks 2 days ago #88744

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
Magnar wrote:
unassembled components can be earned from almost any activity once you hit level 70. outside of that then you'll have to grind either Space PvP, or regular PvP. anything you do buy with those unassembled will be for a level 70 toon (I'm guessing you have reached that). if you are on Star Forge server, i can probably get you a 246 item rating saber no cost to you. i've many hilts and many crafting friends including myself to offer.

HA, I'm only Level 35! Thanks for the info for when I reach end game, however.

I'm on the Satele Shan server.

Star Wars: The Old Republic 4 weeks 2 days ago #88755

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 545
This game really sucks as F2P. Even Preferred is bad. You really need to subscribe to get anything out of the game. It's pathetic how many core game features they lock behind the sub wall.

I can't remember if F2P can even use Adaptive gear (the Orange quality stuff that you can stick mods into).... but if you can, you should get a few things from the lvl 7 gear vendor on the Fleet. That guy has a few sets of armor and at least one weapon for each class type. I actually use a lot of them for my Wardrobe slots for the "classic" look. You can also find Adaptive gear on the GTN by setting the item quality filter to orange/Custom. IDK how many credits you have stocked up yet or not, but some stuff is fairly inexpensive.

Once you get a set of Adaptive gear/weapons, then you just go buy mods from the mods vendors if/when you need them. Lately I've found while leveling new toons that I don't even really need to bother with that too much beyond weapons since Heroic missions (which are stupid easy now if you set your Companion to Heals) give enough high quality armor for your level.

And unless you're doing competitive endgame content, augments are waste anyway. They cost too much for such little gain for me to care about it as a casual "just derp around" player.
Forum shutting down? Oh no!
Come and join THE VAULT: A Custom Lightsaber Community
Last Edit: 4 weeks 2 days ago by KelbornX.

Star Wars: The Old Republic 4 weeks 2 days ago #88757

• Magnar
F2P, and Pref players get locked out from Artifact gear. so they can still use moddable items just cant use the purple or gold tier mod items. you can chose to buy an unlock that will permanently allow that character (or account) to access that top tier of gear. but yes i have to agree not having a sub makes the game so much more difficult (which is why i still maintain a sub)

Star Wars: The Old Republic 4 weeks 2 days ago #88762

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
I've been playing the game since shortly after launch. Obviously, I've paid for it, but not since sometime in 2012. There was an issue updating after a while, it wouldn't update at all. So, I cancelled my sub and haven't subscribed since. I already had some Cartel Coins from the F2P transition and I occasionally buy more. I find as a preferred status player I'm not missing much. But, I also don't do PVP, I'm just there for the core game.

However, if you compare EA's F2P model to what other companies do, it's pathetic. No multiplayer without paying kind of takes the whole MM part out of MMO for F2P players. Plus, you can't get any of the DLC without paying for it, either through a sub or paying a fee for it. This is as opposed to games like Star Trek Online, where no content is restricted for F2P players.

Star Wars: The Old Republic 4 weeks 2 days ago #88767

• Ser Arcturis
  • Elite Member
  • Occupation? No, just visiting.
  • Thank you received: 50
F2P players are treated like sh** tbh. You can't even write support ticket as a F2P user.
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometres away using an aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Star Wars: The Old Republic 4 weeks 2 days ago #88768

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
Yeah, that's one of the dumbest things ever. I could find a bug that a paid player didn't, but I can tell nobody about it. :angry: EA is such a terrible company anymore.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Saber Forge Forum Shuttin... (92 Posts)
    • Thank you all who are (were) on here for al the help, advice and good vibes I truly appreciate...
    • Hi KelbornX, And thanks for all you have contributed and done for the forum members and...
    • Well it's the last (or second to last?) day of these forums. Links have already been posted to...
    • Sabercore3 not saving (9 Posts)
    • How do you do the firmware update bud
    • Shoto saber design, ISO i... (61 Posts)
    • Hi Major, The shade on the Gladius body block ring doesn't look too bad (in your comparison...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6835
  • Latest Member: ValkyrieGondul
  • Total Posts: 69.4k
  • Total Topics: 5842
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 146
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 15
  • Yesterday Answer: 14