Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Phoenix.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Warrior Tier, 12W, Lime Green

Warrior Tier, 12W, Lime Green 1 year 11 months ago #14232

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
So. I know, I got beat to the punch on this particular.... exact... set of specifications.... but I can add a few points and highlights, maybe, and give a different perspective on the saber, for sure. So!

When I first saw the Phoenix, I was really, REALLY meh about it. Renders, and real images of the actual saber. There was nothing in it that particularly jumped out at me, nothing that made me want it, nothing in it that said "You MUST own me." And honestly, nothing I saw of the reviews and such that followed the release really changed my mind; it wasn't that it was a BAD saber, and I disliked it, I was just very, very much on the fence about it. I didn't particularly care for it one way or the other in any way that was going to swing my opinion on it.

A while back, I decided, since it was honestly the ONLY saber SF has that I feel this way about (most of the others I have an opinion one way or the other one) I needed to get my hands on one, and feel it. To try it out, to see what the fuss was about, so to speak.

I was really, really nervous getting this in. For a couple reasons; I was afraid on one hand that I would absolutely HATE it, that it was going to be a waste of money and a hassle to resell it and try something else out. And for two, because I kept second guessing myself, and saying I should have just gotten an Exhalted, or a Fury instead. Something tried and true; something I knew I would like.

Then, it came in... and I opened it up, and pulled it out of the box, and saw the actual saber, in live flesh, right before me, and gripped it. It's quite a bit smaller than most pictures make it look. I can easily grip it, and it's actually very, surprisingly comfortable. The windows cut into the shroud aren't sharp in the slightest, with smooth beveled edges. The grip sections are awesome, and feel perfect in the palm. The extra blade retention screw, the "ears".... the bottom grip section... everything about this saber comes together in a way that's truly impressive when held in the hand, for real. It doesn't compare to its pictures; it blows them away. I can't accurately describe the sensation of relief, and giddy happiness to open the saber and find how much I loved it.

It's not precisely "small and dainty" but doesn't feel as thick as it looks, sometimes. It feels slight, narrow, sleek, precise. It has a good, solid weight, but is pretty light, overall.

And some of the detail work on this saber is just... wow.

The lime-green is actually a really NICE color... I don't like the regular green, it's just... too... green. lol. But the Lime-Green is a good mix, and makes it look a little "acidic"... It's a cool touch, and I really like it.

The battery was not fully charged, btw. I'm assuming the battery is actually rather low, and will charge it later, but it was still plenty bright, and lights up the room nicely.

So overally, I rate this saber a nice, solid 9 / 10. It could have just a bit better balance, and the pommel, while gorgeously detailed, could use a little dual-tone coloring to really give it that extra POP that would make this saber a perfect 10 / 10.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Warrior Tier, 12W, Lime Green 1 year 11 months ago #14237

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1066
Excellent review! Since this one is on my "radar", all of the information I can get on it brings me a little closer to making a decision about WHEN to get it, rather than if. I doubt it could supplant my Exhalted as my all time favorite, but in every race there are close runners-up, and this could well be one!

Thanks!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Warrior Tier, 12W, Lime Green 1 year 11 months ago #14251

• chaoticneutral
  • Thank you received: 3
that's a cool saber and a cool color. Looks like ROTJ luke's to me. What do you think?

Warrior Tier, 12W, Lime Green 1 year 11 months ago #14262

• janus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 28
From your pics, I can find its detail, sleekline, craftsmanship of SF.
Great review, SF should add such pics on catalogue.
So more people will notice beauty of this hilt.
Own: Descent Hero RGBA
Luxeon converted Hasbro Darth Maul FX
Ultrasabers Guardian
Juggernaut warrior

Warrior Tier, 12W, Lime Green 1 year 11 months ago #14263

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1066
It's pretty close, though in some scenes it looks a little darker.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Warrior Tier, 12W, Lime Green 1 year 11 months ago #14264

• Sarkath
Dude, that looks awesome. I got mine today too!

Warrior Tier, 12W, Lime Green 1 year 11 months ago #14960

• Vance Nightblade
  • Leader of The League of Jedi Shadows
Nice review....When I saw the Phoenix Saber Hilt, I knew it was a Saber I have to add to my list of Sabers to collect. It has some resemblance to the Ka' Tano which I like as well. It's very original and distinct design, since its a Pre-release I will have to get this first instead of getting the Guardian Saber.
Once a Jedi Knight. Always a Jedi Knight!
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Vance Nightblade. Reason: Add more comment
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5280
  • Latest Member: EIJoseph
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4701
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1