Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Princess.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: V1 CR Princess SF|Story..... Pt III

V1 CR Princess SF|Story..... Pt III 7 months 3 weeks ago #69114

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603

The Crown of Royalty, representative of Noble Heritage and it’s a Crystal Saber!
Are you really that surprised that I made it an inclusion to my Collection?

Standard Finish Crystal Princess 12Watt+ Royal Blue

A weapon of elegance with design influences resembling a formal sceptre. A measure of experience and leadership even if seldom used or required to be drawn for engagement.

Despite my initial efforts through enquires to confirm which of the seen versions I would receive upon Ordering, the delivered result proved to be a surprise.

Two versions of the Crystal Princess were designed and offered as available during its run (where currently I believe but a few remain). The initial design saw the Crystal Chamber windows segmented vertically opposed over three windows (i.e. when Hilt on its side) providing an obstructed view of the actual Crystal regardless of it being lit or not. The restocked Version saw two larger milled windows 180 degrees apart aligned equally horizontal to the Hilt (when on its side) with an unobstructed view of the Crystal. It was destined as a Champion Tier Viridian Font and Light Blue was its default setup with no options to change.

Well… what I ended up with from delivery is the thought to be discontinued, oneOF-Akind initial design that was no longer being made. To deviate a little further, the Viridian Font was Crimson and the LED was Deep Blue. Parallels. The stock mini tactile switch also became a standard lit AV too.

The offer was made to return however I declined and decided to keep this momentarily confused Princess.

A Hilt that never saw battle and remained stored with secrecy much like the fathomable theory that its construction was also under the veil of secrecy before it was gifted to a Princess recognising the shrouded lineage.

That was until its presence by her side was required to be a forever extension to her demonstration of combat and engagements upon confrontations.
Her Mastery of the Force wasn’t at its strongest in the beginning and from her recalled teachings, the blade appeared on the lighter shade of blue than the deepness that surrounds it now. Times had changed and survival meant hardening up and leading by example with facing enemies up close and personal too.

With experience gained, the Hilts appearance also developed a much harsher and coarser exterior, an instrument of victories with the battle scars to prove it.
And hey, she managed to successfully keep both her hands and limbs during these trials.

Some Specs and Measurements:
Quad Cree 12Watt+ Deep Blue| Champion Tier| Sabercore2.0 Crimson Font| Etsy Limited (notso Limited) Release (re-released) Crystal Version |Silver, Blue-lit AV Switch| Brass Aluminium knurled Kill Key| Brass Covertech.

Hilt Length: 294mm (11.5748 inches)
Blade Socket Depth: 39mm (1.5354 inches)

Emitter Diameter: 44.16mm (1.7386 inches)
Switch Section Diameter (including switch plate): 41.77mm (1.6444 inches)
Mid-Section (choke/Crystal Section) Diameter: 27.79mm (1.0941 inches)
Lower Body Diameter: 38mm (1.4961 inches)
Lower Body Base (Pommel screws into) :50.53mm (1.9894 inches)
Pommel Diameter: 31.67mm (1.2469 inches)

Quite a pleasantly designed Hilt with obscure elements specific to the centre choke of much smaller OD. It makes it effortless to wield and remains firm within a closed grip.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider, HotRod, DK44

V1 CR Princess SF|Story..... Pt III 7 months 3 weeks ago #69115

• OvrcAHst
That was then, this is now.

A noticeable strength now forms its presence, an energy felt unlike it during its earlier exchanges.
There is dominance with confidence, the true measure of a wielder demonstrating composure with experience and independence.

This is her weapon. She hasn’t been dismissed from her origins or forgotten and now amongst those that dare challenge her, she is known as and commonly referred to as..
‘Ces Slayer.

The Crown that was and remains still. Only what was untarnished now becomes more fitting to a hardened demeanour. Opted more the satin silver foundation rather the semi-polished shine on this one.

I opened her up as part of the customisingsy weathering process. A merging of the two Crystal Versions if you will. The light that shone through the windows before was subtle. I wanted it to be louder.

Not new to the Crystal Sabers (with a couple already hanging from my belt),(okay, maybe more than a couple) this design returns a fixed position-type, always on show, always in view. It doesn’t require any additional unthreading of a section that incorporates a strutted cage or a spring loaded mechanism. It’s there, it’s in your face and when you think to forget about it, you are instantly reminded upon saber ignition.

A cute and sexy little Pommel. Cos.. you know..4 Letters. R-O-T-J, right?

Flaring burst. She ain’t timid. There’s no containing this one. She speaks her mind and tells it as she sees it.

V1 CR Princess SF|Story..... Pt III 7 months 3 weeks ago #69116

• OvrcAHst
A Battle-hardened Princess.
Has endured some hardships but she remains difficult to beat. What doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger where upon Return, (guided by her teachings and determination and instinct) becomes much stronger than you’ll ever imagine.

Factory supplied sees 6 buttonhead screws adorn the circumference of the Emitter where one single (in line with the switch plate) is the blade retention. Removal of 5 buttonheads sees focused shine throughs. Perfect.
Chiselling was also done around the lower portion of the Emitter to create two additional windows. Beautiful.

A closer view of the open Crystal Chamber. Obviously her Hilt lost a small chunk. Could have been worse. It could have been a hand.. sometimes tradition needs to be broken.

Bathing in the warmth of a setting glow as it traces the Hilts surface, dancing off an ignited blade.

An accent greeblie. Brass thumbscrew blade retention.

Used a bit-less electric drill and held the spinning head against the surface to create the dented appearance without actually dropping it. Loosely folded some 80-grit sandpaper and wiped over the surface with random positioning to create surface scoring.

Naturally, the abovementioned methods were repeated along other surfaces of the Hilt.

The lower Body. Scars and bruising as if from being shackled to chains. This is an alternate grip position as the diameter is more consistent to perceived measure of comfort when shifting away from the much smaller diameter mid-section over the Crystal Chamber.

Deep Blue (Royal Blue) is such an entrancing colour with a rather calming tranquillity. Brilliance with brightness with richness in depth.

V1 CR Princess SF|Story..... Pt III 7 months 3 weeks ago #69117

• OvrcAHst

A Warrior. A Champion. A Guardian.
Policing her own form of justice.
Still a Princess.

Someday soon, when her experience and knowledge exceeds its current status, like a sibling before her..

.. A Master will she become.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dauntless 7, Borommakot

V1 CR Princess SF|Story..... Pt III 7 months 3 weeks ago #69120

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1068
Another fantastic saber, as unique as it is awesome!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

V1 CR Princess SF|Story..... Pt III 7 months 3 weeks ago #69122

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 505
I like the before and after photos, most interesting! I must admit I prefer the before hilt. Having a Princess my self (non-crystal chamber), I'm surprised with the location of the crystal chamber. The middle thin section is where one would grip the hilt most often for added balance (it's a relatively heavy hilt), but then there isn't really another choice. So you're right, it makes an interesting location for the crystal chamber. Does the DIY-extra exposed crystal section feel a little rough to handle? I doubt you would place your hand there now, because you actually do want to see the crystal chamber now that it is extra exposed.
"I am the Senate"

V1 CR Princess SF|Story..... Pt III 7 months 3 weeks ago #69123

• Darth Nelo Angelo
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 41
Damn OvrcAHst, its seems that every time I check into the forum, you have posted another chapter of the story so far.. Surely it should be called 'The Neverending Story' by now ;)

Another awesome saber hilt mate.. She is a beauty..
" The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.”

V1 CR Princess SF|Story..... Pt III 7 months 3 weeks ago #69125

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 138
I like this one OvrcAHst! Fantastic looking hilt! Great review man!

V1 CR Princess SF|Story..... Pt III 7 months 3 weeks ago #69146

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 268
Sweeeeeeeeeeet.

V1 CR Princess SF|Story..... Pt III 7 months 3 weeks ago #69164

• OvrcAHst
Thanks for the Comments Guys :)

Execute66 wrote:
I like the before and after photos, most interesting! I must admit I prefer the before hilt. Having a Princess my self (non-crystal chamber), I'm surprised with the location of the crystal chamber. The middle thin section is where one would grip the hilt most often for added balance (it's a relatively heavy hilt), but then there isn't really another choice.
Not surprised with that comment really. But are you sure you didn't really mean to say that you have an empty that your installing a NB3 on? :lol: What does surprise me though is your feedback on the weight cos it really isn't a heavy one and more so when you have a Relic & Templar and dual wield them then there's also the Paladin that you have. :dry: The mid-section with the thinner OD may appear like an obvious goto but it isn't. Balance influences grip to be focused around the larger OD parts i.e. further down the body, nudging slightly into the tapering into the mid-section and up high with the switch plate.
Spose it comes down to my ogre hands versus your princess hands? :whistle:
Does the DIY-extra exposed crystal section feel a little rough to handle?
Nope. It's actual significantly smoother as the edges have been softened and sanded down, even with a gaping hole. Default milled windows had sharp edges that warranted the need to sand anyway to optimise overall handling.
I doubt you would place your hand there now, because you actually do want to see the crystal chamber now that it is extra exposed.
During hand transitions does see it sliding over the mid-section but it doesn't cover the exposure much like it doesn't whilst gripping a Monarch or my first fixed position Crystal Saber (Custom Exalted) demonstrated that null also.

Darth Nelo Angelo wrote:
Damn OvrcAHst, its seems that every time I check into the forum, you have posted another chapter of the story so far.. Surely it should be called 'The Neverending Story' by now ;) Another awesome saber hilt mate.. She is a beauty..
Yes but to be accurate, this has been titled just Story dot dot dot dot dot dot. :lol: Sounds about right.. A Fantasy World brought to an end by Nothing. :P

Besides, shared in SF Forum, the focus does favour on Part III- SF Hilts, so maybe instead of Story so far...

:lol: :P B)

Jas-Ot wrote:
Sweeeeeeeeeeet.

:lol:
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by OvrcAHst.

V1 CR Princess SF|Story..... Pt III 7 months 3 weeks ago #69165

• Darth Nelo Angelo
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 41
OvrcAHst wrote:
Thanks for the Comments Guys :)

Darth Nelo Angelo wrote:
Damn OvrcAHst, its seems that every time I check into the forum, you have posted another chapter of the story so far.. Surely it should be called 'The Neverending Story' by now ;) Another awesome saber hilt mate.. She is a beauty..
Yes but to be accurate, this has been titled just Story dot dot dot dot dot dot. :lol: Sounds about right.. A Fantasy World brought to an end by Nothing. :P

Besides, shared in SF Forum, the focus does favour on Part III- SF Hilts, so maybe instead of Story so far...

Lol. Nice..
" The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.”

V1 CR Princess SF|Story..... Pt III 7 months 3 weeks ago #69189

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 298
Fantastic Princess OvrcAHst! I didn't know there was a crystal version. Nice. This was one of the first sabers that caught my eye when I first discovered SF and it still is one of my must-haves. Congrats. :)
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

V1 CR Princess SF|Story..... Pt III 7 months 3 weeks ago #69190

• OvrcAHst
Greysider wrote:
Fantastic Princess OvrcAHst! I didn't know there was a crystal version. Nice. This was one of the first sabers that caught my eye when I first discovered SF and it still is one of my must-haves. Congrats. :)

:lol: Thanks Greysider. There have been two...

1st Version:

2nd & Current Version (or so I thought):

The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider

V1 CR Princess SF|Story..... Pt III 7 months 3 weeks ago #69191

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 560
Looks like a great addition! The Princess seems like a really accommodating hilt for different design combos. The weathering turned out nice, and I think the crystal chamber in particular looks better for it.

V1 CR Princess SF|Story..... Pt III 7 months 3 weeks ago #69200

• OvrcAHst
Borommakot wrote:
Looks like a great addition! The Princess seems like a really accommodating hilt for different design combos. The weathering turned out nice, and I think the crystal chamber in particular looks better for it.
Thanks Borom. There's a lot a real estate that can be capitalised on this Hilt. If I knew/could how to etch, it would make a pretty fun project. Since I don't/can't I may just try some stencilling instead. ;)

V1 CR Princess SF|Story..... Pt III 7 months 2 weeks ago #69368

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Oh wow, this is the first time I was aware there was a 1st version...and I believe it is easily preferable to the second version! Another great hilt. I'm living life vicaroiusly through you right now, Buddy!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

V1 CR Princess SF|Story..... Pt III 7 months 2 weeks ago #69373

• Dauntless 7
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi. Loving the storyline and progression of your Princess saber. Makes me want to go and artistically bash about one of my sabers. Really helpful and inspiring customization reveals. Thanks. B)

V1 CR Princess SF|Story..... Pt III 7 months 2 weeks ago #69432

• OvrcAHst
HotRod wrote:
Oh wow, this is the first time I was aware there was a 1st version...and I believe it is easily preferable to the second version! Another great hilt. I'm living life vicaroiusly through you right now, Buddy!
Thanks Sugar Daddy ;)

Dauntless 7 wrote:
Hi. Loving the storyline and progression of your Princess saber. Makes me want to go and artistically bash about one of my sabers. Really helpful and inspiring customization reveals. Thanks. B)
Thank you. I bash about my sabers quite a bit. :P
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• First saber and electroni... (3 Posts)
    • If you're looking at a stunt kit, you could go Plug and Play if you don't feel like soldering. You'd...
    • Chassis Help (3 Posts)
    • Like Brax said, 3D printing. Go to Shapeways (web search for it.) Search on there for "SaberForge"...
    • Prodigal Son Battery Help... (2 Posts)
    • I am guessing that the answer to this might be answered by your previous question about a chassis....
    • Chassis Help (3 Posts)
    • I am no expert, but I believe anyone who is would recommend a chassis if possible. Better for wire...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5291
  • Latest Member: DonaldTal
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4705
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 11
  • Yesterday Answer: 6