Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Prodigal Son.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Yet another Prodigal Son 12w+ green champion

Yet another Prodigal Son 12w+ green champion 1 year 1 month ago #56715

• Zepturion
  • Thank you received: 9
Now don't let the title of this review fool you, I'm of the belief that there can't really be enough Prodigal sons out there. I mean it is such a beautiful saber and an instantly recognizable icon of the cinema history. Having said that, there are quite a few reviews of this particular model out there, and not to mention pictures. So I will just write my thoughts about my whole experience of buying a light saber for the first time and I will only post one pic, I mean surely you all already know what this piece looks like and mine is just as beautiful as all the other ones that saberforge are crafting.

So there's the pic, as u can see I got the imperial light saber stand and it does an awesome job of displaying the hilt. I initially ordered a Phoenix stand but since I later ordered another saber, I asked if I could change to a imperial one since I thought that it would be better for displaying two sabers, and that was smoothly changed via the sf CR.

Alright so what do I think about ordering a light saber, first of all, ordering was easy, but choosing was hard. I mean, there are so many beautiful sabers to choose from. But since the PS was a childhood favorite of mine, I kept coming back to it over and over again.

Then came the long wait, that was tough. I mean it was a looong wait, but keeping up on the forums and reading how my fellow waiters handled it, helped allot. It also added to the anticipation, when I finally got the invoice to go pick it up, I was practically walking on clouds to the post office. In summation I feel glad that I waited for a quality product and didn't go for a cheap mass produced fancy flashlight.

Ok so when I got it in my hands the first time, I thought it was a bit light actually, I had seen so many reviews that said it was heavier than expected, so I guess I had imagined Seth heavier. I really like the feel of it though and it feels like a quality piece of metal in my hands, like it could have been a real light saber. Although when I have the blade in, I think that the hilt could have been maybe 1-200 grams heavier to have a perfectly balanced sword. I am tall so I have the long blade, maybe it would be better to have the medium one, for balance I mean.

Saberforge was nice enough to include a belt clip with the order, thanks for that!

The led is crazy bright even in a lit room, and I was swinging it around on a dark football field at night, and I was completely blinded by it, it's stunning really. The foil inside my blade was a bit crumpled in the bottom when it arrived but that was easily straightened out by poking around with my little finger a bit.

Like with everyone else my activation card was a bit too slide but some magnetic tape fixed that easy peasy.

I do find there is a slight wobble to the blade when I swing it hard, I am tightening my retention screw until there forms a little indentation in the blade but it's still a bit wobbly, has anyone else experienced that and is there a simple solution or just a side effect of the thin neck design.

Holding the hilt with one hand is comfortable on the grenade section, and the thin neck serves as a good choke point for spinning and twirling. I haven't dueled with it yet so I'm not sure how it works then, but I have been experimenting with a few different two handed grips. I do feel that with the long blade it is really not practical to duel one handed, maybe if I added some weight in the hilt, has anyone tried that?

All in all this is a beautiful saber and I can't stop playing around with it, I have found a group even here in southern Sweden that does a bit of light saber dueling and I can't wait to go try it out with them.

Alright enough out of me. Hope you have enjoyed reading.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Zepturion.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Greysider, OvrcAHst, DK44, LSkywalker3, sepultura510

Yet another Prodigal Son 12w+ green champion 1 year 1 month ago #56720

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
I do find there is a slight wobble to the blade when I swing it hard, I am tightening my retention screw until there forms a little indentation in the blade but it's still a bit wobbly, has anyone else experienced that and is there a simple solution or just a side effect of the thin neck design.
This is typical. Once the screw makes contact it's a good idea to give it another 1/2 turn and this typically creates am indentation.

Congrats on the hilt!

Yet another Prodigal Son 12w+ green champion 1 year 1 month ago #56737

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 139
Welcome to the club! Glad to see all these Prodigal Sons coming in!
Congrats & Enjoy!

Yet another Prodigal Son 12w+ green champion 1 year 1 month ago #56756

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
You are right that there cannot be enough of these. I think it was said in another review that this seems to be "The Saber" that needs to be in everyone's collection. Excellent choice! Congrats!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Yet another Prodigal Son 12w+ green champion 1 year 1 month ago #56762

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Very happy to see another Prodigal Son review! Congrats on finally getting your saber. Good review and nice back story on how you made the purchase. Next time get a pic of you lighting up the football field. That will be a great shot. Like everyone else said, it's great to see so many new PS reviews coming in.
- Light em up

Yet another Prodigal Son 12w+ green champion 1 year 1 month ago #56769

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1096
You said it! The Prodigal Son is a classic design, and yours joins the ranks of beautiful thin-neck sabers out there! I swear, I never get tired of looking at pics of them, even though the majority of them are essentially the same. I do plan on making one part of my collection. It is kind of a moral imperative for any thin-neck nut like me. :woohoo:
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Yet another Prodigal Son 12w+ green champion 1 year 1 month ago #56781

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
Congrats on the saber, you made a very nice choice!
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

Yet another Prodigal Son 12w+ green champion 1 year 1 month ago #56789

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 300
Awesome PS. Man I swear every time I see another PS review it makes me consider it more and more. Congratulations.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Yet another Prodigal Son 12w+ green champion 1 year 1 month ago #56793

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 524
I concur, because I wasn't a huge fan of that hilt either. Since the ASP line came into being, I will eventually procure these parts to create this thin neck saber.

The Prodigal Redeemer.

Yet another Prodigal Son 12w+ green champion 1 year 1 month ago #56955

• LSkywalker3
  • Thank you received: 48
Welcome to the club and congrats!
"The force is strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. My sister has it. You have that power too."

Own: 12W+ Green Champion Prodigal Son
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5313
  • Latest Member: GruntBeard
  • Total Posts: 56.4k
  • Total Topics: 4719
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0