Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Reborn.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Reborn DT 12W Blood Orange

Reborn DT 12W Blood Orange 1 year 2 months ago #49015

• revan221
  • Thank you received: 6
Starting out, I love this saber. It's my first Saberforge and I'm really glad I snagged it before the Etsy site went offline. The 12W Orange is a great color, especially near the base of the saber, although it loses its brilliance closer to the top and looks slightly more pale than I would like. The saber itself...two words; GORGEOUS and comfortable. The prongs that run down the side are not hard on your hands at all and my hands fit perfectly in the grooves for a comfortable one-handed grip. However, dueling with it is somewhat difficult with a long blade, I would definitely suggest a blade no longer than 32 inches as getting both hands on the saber can prove slightly difficult and feels awkward. Also, the prongs are secured very well at the top, so well that you really don't need to worry about them coming loose or breaking; however at the bottom the have quite a bit of give and move around some in your grip. I would consider trying to find a way to secure them down, like maybe carefully applied super glue or something. The one regret I have about this saber is not getting it with sound right off the bat! Overall it is a fantastic and beautiful saber to add to your collection! Highly recommend.

"Sometimes you must embrace the dark in order to save the light"
-Revan shortly before entering the Mandalorian Wars
Last Edit: 1 year 3 weeks ago by OvrcAHst. Reason: insert images
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Greysider

Reborn DT 12W Blood Orange 1 year 2 months ago #49136

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
however at the bottom the have quite a bit of give and move around some in your grip. I would consider trying to find a way to secure them down, like maybe carefully applied super glue or something.
That's a design choice. The give ensures those rails don't snap over long periods of use. Initially I was a bit cool to this hilt but, like you say, it's a unique and surprisingly comfortable.

Reborn DT 12W Blood Orange 1 year 2 months ago #49137

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
Where are pictures, friend? Rule of thumb around here is if you don't have pictures, then it didn't happen!
:cheer:
Also, make sure to take a look-see at the FAQ and drop a 'hello' over by the New Member Introduction Thread. Welcome to the Forums!

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel

Reborn DT 12W Blood Orange 1 year 2 months ago #49157

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
Awesome looking Reborn you got there. Perfect color to go with it as well.
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.
The following user(s) said Thank You: revan221

Reborn DT 12W Blood Orange 1 year 2 months ago #49158

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Congrats! The Reborn looks great, nice DT. Put some money aside over the next few paychecks then you could always upgrade to sound before the summer. Enjoy it over the weekend!
- Light em up

Reborn DT 12W Blood Orange 1 year 2 months ago #49160

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
Looks marvelous! A bit different from the stereotypical Reds and Purples we see with that saber. Very nice!

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel

Reborn DT 12W Blood Orange 1 year 2 months ago #49186

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1602
revan221, Congratulations to you and with a successful delivery of an exciting looking Saber Hilt. Blood Orange is a well made choice as it's complimented well with the dual-tone finish. With your comments referencing grip positions, do you find yourself favouring up high where the spines are more securely attached or is there a natural tendency to wield on the lower rear grip where the spines are loose?
I'm waiting on a Reborn myself and opted for the stereotypical colour of Purple. (well Indigo to be accurate) Thank you for the images and for sharing with us the glory of a prized possession.
Am grateful with your feedback with blade length choice to help maximise on overall balance. Nicely done, you may need to opt for mouth generated ignition and swoosh sounds for now. ;)

Reborn DT 12W Blood Orange 1 year 2 months ago #49189

• revan221
OvrcAHst, thanks, I really am a huge fan of this saber and I love this color! And as far as grip is concerned this saber really draws your hand to the bottom of the hilt where there is a natural "groove" in the spine; however in my experience a grip that far at the bottom of the hilt sacrifices a great deal of control in your swings favoring a more broad sweeping motion. I prefer to utilize quick and fast strikes from all directions so a grip closer to the top is more preferable for that. The top of the hilt is larger than the bottom, but it is not overly awkward for duelists like myself who favor two hands on the hilt; it has yet to interfere with my ability to win duels :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Reborn DT 12W Blood Orange 1 year 2 months ago #49213

• OvrcAHst
revan221, Thank you for the feedback. In an attempt to curb the favouring of the rear grip, I may get a 26 in addition to a 32 to achieve a better gauge. From your comments though, I suspect a 26 may prove more ideal without too much compromise on reach. Actually, at your next convenience, will you measure the blade socket depth and reply back? Even with a 26 for quicker strikes am conscious of the balance versus how much of the blade length remains. Do the Claws (whilst appearing small and short) affect duelling in a negative way?

Reborn DT 12W Blood Orange 1 year 2 months ago #49226

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 503
Congratz! The Reborn is one awesome saber. Nice photos! I love that Reborn special blade plug.
"I am the Senate"
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Execute66.

Reborn DT 12W Blood Orange 1 year 2 months ago #49247

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 297
Very nice! Congrats revan221! Reviews like yours always make me go back and take a second look at sabers I had previously overlooked. Well done and thanks for sharing!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Reborn DT 12W Blood Orange 1 year 2 months ago #49248

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 560
Lovely! Once ASP goes live I'll have to do some price comparisons, cuz I do want a Reborn, but I might like to have it with the modular aspect.

Reborn DT 12W Blood Orange 1 year 2 months ago #49262

• revan221
OvrcAHst, I think the 32" blade would be plenty short. My brother got one with his saber and I decided to give it a swing around for awhile and I loved the balance of the blade. The prongs do not interfere with dueling, or at least have yet to affect me; with how short they are I don't really forsee it being an issue. I think the 26" blade would be perfect if you are utilizing this saber as an off-hand blade for duel wielding, but if you are using this saber solely I think the 26" would be too short, at least for me. That 5 inches from the 37" to 32" definitely had an effect on my effective reach, and it would be even greater with the 26" IMO. The blade socket is roughly an inch and a half deep.

Reborn DT 12W Blood Orange 1 year 2 months ago #49297

• OvrcAHst
revan221, Thanks for the info Mate. I completely overlooked that you were within the Mod Approval Posts (0-10). I recalled seeing the little green exclamation indicating an unread Post here but thought nothing further of it. Agreed with your suggestion. I will likely stay with 32/37 and cut back to shorten as required. Adding to it may put me up the proverbial creek. ;)

Reborn DT 12W Blood Orange 1 year 2 months ago #49299

• SuUpberSith
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 101
@revan221, I just ordered a monarch and am seriously considering Blood Orange. I was just wondering how you thought it would work on a shelf queen? And how much the color pops from just straight Amber " I think it really is Orange, with a prettier name! lol"
@OvrcAHst if i switched my Sinister Prophecy colors to Blood Orange and deep Blue, do you have any idea what the 12 watts color would be?
Rev-N Elite VV, Dark Ardent VV
Monarch SF, Reborn SF
Weathered Dark Acolyte VV
Korbanth, Graflex, K4
Tempest Elite VV

Reborn DT 12W Blood Orange 1 year 2 months ago #49302

• OvrcAHst
@SuUpberSith,
if i switched my Sinister Prophecy colors to Blood Orange and deep Blue, do you have any idea what the 12 watts color would be?
Honestly, I can't definately say and if SF can even do that combination.

By memory, your SP is a Hero 6/6/12, Db/R/I. SF's BO=2R+2A. SF's Db=4Rb. Of the 4 dyes, if 2=Rb, then the remaining 2=1R+1A, the result as I imagine will be a washed out Pink (ish). Just tested it on an RGB Saber. Think of Amber as shifting to the lighter edges of Deep Red. So by mixing BO (somewhere between Amber and Deep Red) with Db the result will be a pale Pink. I could be entirely wrong. Light mixing versus Pigment mixing yields very different results however it still indicates by approximation.

Check out Posts by Snakeeyz99 Here1 and Here2 and listen to the description by Phil for
SF Colour Mixes Here3.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by OvrcAHst.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuUpberSith

Reborn DT 12W Blood Orange 1 year 2 months ago #49327

• revan221
@SuUpberSith the Blood Orange color is a beautiful color! For comparison's sake Ultrasabers has an orange color as well, but theirs is actually a lot more pale and peach-esque than this orange color. TBH this orange looks more red than anything else, only close to the top of the blade do you really see the shining through of the amber color; it does not look amber or yellow hardly at all.

Reborn DT 12W Blood Orange 1 year 2 months ago #49330

• revan221
@OvrcAHst, my pleasure man! I love talking sabers and dueling; which is most of the reason I joined this forum! Glad I could be of help! I definitely think you're making the right choice with the 32" blade for now! Yeah Im pretty new here so I'm trying to respond as fast as I can to answer y'alls questions haha. If you have any other questions let me know! And of course be sure to put up some pictures of your beauty when it comes in!

Reborn DT 12W Blood Orange 1 year 2 months ago #49468

• OvrcAHst
@revan221
my pleasure man! I love talking sabers and dueling; which is most of the reason I joined this forum! Glad I could be of help! I definitely think you're making the right choice with the 32" blade for now! Yeah Im pretty new here so I'm trying to respond as fast as I can to answer y'alls questions haha. If you have any other questions let me know! And of course be sure to put up some pictures of your beauty when it comes in!
:lol: A Review will definitely be written once I have it in my possession. To-date though, all I can reference is by 3rd Party Image Post as I don't have it. (yet...) My own oversight, it's occurred to me that my enquiries specific to blade plug and socket depth may be obsolete simply based on the descended placement of the LED Module for accommodating the milled windows. Positioning compared to 'stock' I imagine would be slightly different. Thank you for your prompt replies still.

@SuUpberSith
Just finished some more Archived reading and found this which may assist you further (specific to your query on Colour combinations) to my comments from previous Post.

Reborn DT 12W Blood Orange 1 year 2 months ago #49654

• Saro
  • Thank you received: 2
This hilt is amazing. It's probably number 1 or 2 on my list to buy. Although, I'm a bit worried that it looks a bit sith like with those spikes in the front.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Han Solo Movie Loses Dire... (19 Posts)
    • Gotta agree with Brax, I'm not that keen on the ideas of this movie to begin with (but of course...
    • FS - Korbanth K4 - Spark ... (2 Posts)
    • I was planning on fully weathering the hilt, and if the buyer is interested, I'd do the weathering...
    • Themed Sabers (809 Posts)
    • Quote: Hello Everyboby, Brax, Here is the Special Edition version of my Grethor hilt. I am quite pleased...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5255
  • Latest Member: Darth Bael
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4684
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 21
  • Yesterday Answer: 18