Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Redeemer.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Redeemer Weathered Champion 12W+ Deep Blue

Redeemer Weathered Champion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 5 months ago #32820

• Salacious B Crumb
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 43
Got my Redeemer on Friday. Always been a big fan of Obi Wan, and his hilt is easily my favorite from the movies. I requested a lighter weathering on the thin neck, lens assembly, and emitter. LOVE the way it came out, just the right amount of weathering to look aged and well used, but not neglected.

Overall: Thrilled with how this came out. WAY brighter than my US emerald saber... not even close. Craftmanship on the hilt is outstanding, every bit as good as I had hoped having seen pics of others. I can't express just how thrilled I am with the weathering job on this saber... exactly how I saw it in my mind, and everyone I've shown it to has commented on how they like the well used look to it. Outstanding work!

My few nitpicks: Neck sections come loose fairly easily, and looks like opposite threading across the section that mimics the lens assemble of the prop (larger diameter section in middle of the thin neck) which makes it so you can just crank things down together. When I tried that the neck compressed and the reflective foil (mylar perhaps?) on the inside of the neck popped out of the end of the emitter. Everything went back together easily, and now that I know how the threading works I can avoid that in the future. Holding the grenade section and emitter stationary while turning the lens assembly clockwise tightens everything up. Thinking of using some threadlock on these pieces to keep them from coming loose and rattling around.

The panel that is the face of the activation box is not secured other than the pressure from the switch up against the rails it sits on, so it pops out (up or down) pretty easily. I've had it pop out a couple times while trying some spins already. Will have to figure out something to keep that in it's spot or I'm sure that I'm going to lose this piece at some point.

Had some sharp edges from machining, that tore up my hands pretty good. I already took a fine grit sanding pad to them, and it has improved greatly, but still need to take a little more off a couple edges.

I don't want to end on my gripes... should be relatively easy to remedy all these minor issues, and I'm just too happy with everything else to get hung up on those.

On to the pics:

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tazendeuk, ajeekenobi

Redeemer Weathered Champion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 5 months ago #32821

• Kirabi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 20
This is a beautiful saber, absolutely amazing weathering. It really looks like a saber that's been around and seen use but as you said not necessarily neglected.

I don't think I could bring myself to duel with this as picture perfect as it is. Wow!

Redeemer Weathered Champion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 5 months ago #32824

• yeek
  • Thank you received: 4
Awesome saber and it turned out great.

Redeemer Weathered Champion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 5 months ago #32827

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1066
Great saber, and welcome to the thin-neck saber appreciation society!

Notable members include Shameem Moshrefzadeh (DarthMario95), Joshua Sisk (Knytiri), and myself! I am sure there are more, but those were the ones I could think of off the top of my head. The point is, you are in good company!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Redeemer Weathered Champion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 5 months ago #32828

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 505
Very nice. The weathering gives it a very different look more than any other weathered saber.
"I am the Senate"

Redeemer Weathered Champion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 5 months ago #32833

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
Salacious- Simply exquisite Saber! Just another fine example. That's a similar setup I'm waiting for with mine only am getting it in Medium Blue & as a Crystal Reveal. An attempt to steer away from the purple hue that illuminates from it and sway towards the blue side.
I requested a lighter weathering on the thin neck, lens assembly, and emitter. LOVE the way it came out, just the right amount of weathering to look aged and well used, but not neglected.
May I ask (for own validation of process) whether this was ordered through SF Direct or Etsy and with the lighter weathering on the emitter & neck was this an accommodated request by SF or was it sent through Customs with Justin?

Can imagine this beauty nestled beside the other TNs that is en-route for me. The CR Exhalted & CR PS!

Elegant excellence. Credit to you with the newly acquired ownership.

Redeemer Weathered Champion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 5 months ago #32837

• Salacious B Crumb
  • Premium Member
Ouin OvrcAHst: I ordered this through etsy for the shorter lead time, and put the request for the lighter weathering via the order notes, so I wasn't entirely sure if it would be accommodated or not (per their stated etsy policies). I figured even if it came more weathered, I could remove it with some buffing... but luckily, it looked just like I wanted out of the box.

Kind of going for a look between how this hilt looked in episodes 3 and 4. Not as "fresh out the box" as it looks when it removes Haden's appendages (I can't call him Vader) on Mustafar, but also not as neglected it is when it removes Ponda Boba's arm at Chalmun's Cantina. Think they nailed it!

I may ditch the Covertec wheel, and get an ASP graflex pommel with a D-Ring to put in there once they're available. Either that, or drill a hole to install a D-ring in the lower grip portion to be more screen accurate.

Redeemer Weathered Champion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 5 months ago #32839

• Seraphyn303
  • Thank you received: 29
That's beautiful. Almost exactly what id want. I didn't realise that level of weathering was even an option. It quite often comes across as too heavy and more like a pattern. This is amazing though.

Redeemer Weathered Champion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 5 months ago #32842

• Tazendeuk
  • Grey Weathered Champion Reliant w/ 12W Green Blade
  • Thank you received: 16
Oh man !
Reading this post was like opening a christmas gift :p

You sumed up just EXACTLY what I want for my next saber. Nothing more, nothing less.

I also want a Redeemer but couldn't decide on weather a standard hilt finish or a weathered one, since I find the weathered... well, too weathered, and the standard too new.
So I am immensely happy to read that you had the same concerns, and that they managed to understand you and build your dream lightsaber just with a few words of explanation !

Enjoy, you are SO lucky from my point of view :)
And thank you very much for sharing it with us. Your testimony definitely convinced me to order a Redeemer with the exact same specifications
I hope you will find the time to do a quick video review so we can get the chance to see it more closely :)

Redeemer Weathered Champion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 5 months ago #32930

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 137
Great looking saber Salacious! Ive always liked the thin necked sabers the best. Glad the weathering came out the way you had hoped--looks awesome

Redeemer Weathered Champion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 5 months ago #33352

• Dr. Anthropologist
  • Premium Member
  • Hope is not lost today. It is found
  • Thank you received: 32
Brax wrote:
Great saber, and welcome to the thin-neck saber appreciation society!

Notable members include Shameem Moshrefzadeh (DarthMario95), Joshua Sisk (Knytiri), and myself! I am sure there are more, but those were the ones I could think of off the top of my head. The point is, you are in good company!

Not that I care or anything but uh... Could you add my name to that list next time? I too like thin neck designs. :lol:

Great saber though! It looks amazing when weathered.
"You can do this. Within you is the heart of a champion"

Redeemer Weathered Champion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 5 months ago #33356

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 822
Hi Salacious B Crumb,

Gorgeous Saber, the perfect level of weathering, IMO, it's making me think I'm missing something not having a Thin-neck model now.

Thanks for sharing, and to Dr Anthropologist have you got pics of your Saber yet? Please.

For Tyeth

Redeemer Weathered Champion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 5 months ago #33367

• Dr. Anthropologist
  • Premium Member
  • Hope is not lost today. It is found
  • Thank you received: 32
For Tyeth wrote:
Hi Salacious B Crumb,

Gorgeous Saber, the perfect level of weathering, IMO, it's making me think I'm missing something not having a Thin-neck model now.

Thanks for sharing, and to Dr Anthropologist have you got pics of your Saber yet? Please.

For Tyeth

Oh yeah! I almost forgot! Thanks for reminding me. I'll upload them tonight! :woohoo:
"You can do this. Within you is the heart of a champion"
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Redeemer Weathered Champion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 5 months ago #33373

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1066
Consider it done! I knew there were a lot of us out there. The examples I gave were the most high profile names I could think of to drop in support of my point. :P ;) B)
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Redeemer Weathered Champion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 1 month ago #55006

• SublimeDelusions
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 9
I just wanted to pop in and add something to this thread. I was debating which model saber I'd order for my first one, and the Redeemer was one of my few choices. I actually put the question to a couple friends of mine and they all picked the Redeemer saying that they thought it's look fit my personality. I was kinda on the fence before ordering, but this thread made me decide to finally do it.

I went with the standard finish in medium blue, but now I'm debating if I want any weathering with how amazing yours turned out!

Redeemer Weathered Champion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 1 month ago #55007

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 179
Shameem was selling a "Weathered" Redeemer yesterday on his FB ;)

Redeemer Weathered Champion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 1 month ago #55031

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
If only I had 600 something odd dollars so I could have bought that from Shameen. Someone is going to be very lucky.
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

Redeemer Weathered Champion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 1 month ago #55158

• PloAdiSur
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello there Salacious B Crumb!
your saber is PERFECT. thanks for sharing!

I want to get me one just like yours, but some questions before, if you don't mind:

1. does the activation does activate, like in the PS? I've read somewhere that it does not (the kill key and activation button are out of the box). is it right?

2. did you have to pay any extra to get this custom weathering? I LOVED IT. does it take more time?

thanks! and may the force be with you....

Redeemer Weathered Champion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 1 month ago #55177

• Salacious B Crumb
  • Premium Member
The saber turns on by pushing the card on the activation box, there is a switch underneath.

I just set the finish option to weathered, and asked in the order notes for lighter weathering on the emitter. I did not pay anything extra for this service, and I don't know if that changed the build time or not.

Redeemer Weathered Champion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 1 month ago #55191

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
The more I see the weathered version of the Redeemer, the more I am convinced that it might be better looking than the standard version...and that is saying something! Very nice, Salacious! Very nice!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5280
  • Latest Member: EIJoseph
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4701
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119