Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Reliant.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Dark Reliant

Dark Reliant 1 year 9 months ago #59759

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1753
My friends...since the SaberParts.com tool first became available, and I found that an all black saber, with a Frost White LED, and Crimson Stingray wrap was a possibility, that has been my pursuit. I thought I would have to wait until ASP went live for the masses in order to see it realized. However, I was told that if I ordered a saber, and put "All black finish" in the order notes, then that is what I would get! I was not sure it would really work, especially since ASP would offer that option, and the Custom Shop (when it reopens) would do things like that as well. However, I am here to tell you, and show you that this is for real, and you can do it too. The catch is, the "all black" option is only available on the following sabers:

Bane
Black Lotus
Dissident
Epoch
Fallen
Fury
Gladius
Katana
Reborn
Reliant
Resilient
Sinister Prophecy
Sorcerer
Venomous Fury
Venom
Viper

So, if you are going to take advantage of the Fathers Day Sale that Phil just announced, and an all black saber (so long as it is one of the above name models) is what you crave, this is a good time to go for it!

This is the same matte black finish that we have become accustomed to seeing on the grenade section of the Redeemer, or Sorcerers that have been reviewed here. It is beautiful to behold. The Crimson Stingray wrap, and the red greeblie accent the look of this saber so perfectly, it is just unbelievable!

I don't think I need to go into too much detail about the features of this saber, as we are all pretty familiar with them. However, the combination of the angled emitter, the small control box, and the square pommel that really got me craving this saber. I wondered as I waited for it, if it would match the picture I had in my minds eye, and it absolutely did!

Now let me say a few words about the Frost White LED. OMG! As you can see in the picture with the blade on, in a slightly darkened room, that thing lit it up TOTALLY! There was no flash used in that shot, but the room looks fully illuminated! To say that I am happy with the 12w+ would be an understatement.

All in all, this saber has met and surpassed every expectation I had, and I cannot wait to see how it handles in some dueling with my son. We are not experts my any stretch of the imagination. But, we go at it pretty good, and sometimes even manage to look decent for moments at a time. If this saber is as comfortable dueling as it feels just holding it (which I have been doing since I got home from work, then again when I got home from the gym), it could just become my favorite dueling saber! It is definitely a contender.

I know I did not talk about this saber in the weeks that I was waiting for it, but I wanted to make sure that the color request would actually work before it got anyone else excited about the possibility. Now that I know, you know!

Ratings:
Craftsmanship 9.9/10 (could of small scuffs, nothing anyone but me would notice)
Styling 10/10
Comfort 9.8/10 (the control box is a little difficult to navigate around)
Overall 9.9/10

Now for the pics! A couple of them did not come out as well as I would have liked, but I will try to get some better ones once I can put it down long enough to do that!

Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Brax.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Solinbeb, Jaden Korr, Execute66, Greysider, =Ottomatix=, OvrcAHst, RyanRising, HotRod, DK44

Dark Reliant 1 year 9 months ago #59761

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 565

Dark Reliant 1 year 9 months ago #59765

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 359
Damn Brax that is one sweet piece! I love it! Congratulations!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Dark Reliant 1 year 9 months ago #59766

• Ghost3789
  • Thank you received: 2
Nice!

Your "Dark Reliant" looks sweet. I was playing around with my Reliant V2 yesterday and loving that hilt. I'll post a review soon when I have the chance.

Dark Reliant 1 year 9 months ago #59767

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 575
Boss!

Dark Reliant 1 year 9 months ago #59780

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1910
Excellent piece that is both Dark and mysterious Brax, Congratulations with such an exciting addition to your Collection. Thank you with the included information specific to the Hilt Finish Application and the eligible Hilts it applies to. When did you place the Order that this Order Note applied to? I ask because I made a direct enquiry to SFCS verifying the very same (having seen the procedure referenced here at the Forum before) on April 21 and the reply I received (won't Post here) was No.

It's difficult not to notice but is that a Standard Issue Site Admin Red Tee Shirt you're wearing that'll become your next submission into Saber Selfies? And Hot-Damn!, will you look at those Guns! How much do you bench and are you the next Poster-Image for SaberForge ABP? Oh and the matte-Black Reliant is pretty nice too. ;)

EDIT: Reviewing the List of eligible Hilts for All Black Finish, since standard Weathering is available on all Hilts across the range and this process is simply stripping the black anodise, why is All-Black only available on these select Hilts and not all since it's effectively eliminating one step of the Production process? I also wonder why the Apprentice Hilts aren't included.
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by OvrcAHst.

Dark Reliant 1 year 9 months ago #59795

• DK44
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 216
Wow that is one sweet saber Brax! Great combination of colors! The more i see pics of the Reliant the more i like it! Congrats & Enjoy!

Dark Reliant 1 year 9 months ago #59831

• Brax
  • Administrator
OvrcAHst wrote:
Excellent piece that is both Dark and mysterious Brax, Congratulations with such an exciting addition to your Collection. Thank you with the included information specific to the Hilt Finish Application and the eligible Hilts it applies to. When did you place the Order that this Order Note applied to? I ask because I made a direct enquiry to SFCS verifying the very same (having seen the procedure referenced here at the Forum before) on April 21 and the reply I received (won't Post here) was No.

It's difficult not to notice but is that a Standard Issue Site Admin Red Tee Shirt you're wearing that'll become your next submission into Saber Selfies? And Hot-Damn!, will you look at those Guns! How much do you bench and are you the next Poster-Image for SaberForge ABP? Oh and the matte-Black Reliant is pretty nice too. ;)

EDIT: Reviewing the List of eligible Hilts for All Black Finish, since standard Weathering is available on all Hilts across the range and this process is simply stripping the black anodise, why is All-Black only available on these select Hilts and not all since it's effectively eliminating one step of the Production process? I also wonder why the Apprentice Hilts aren't included.

To answer your questions:

1. This request was in late March, but I was told that the option has existed for the models listed since before that, we just weren't aware of it. Which saber was it that you asked about?

2. The shirt I was wearing was the workout shirt I had on when I got home from the gym.

3. I actually don't know how much I bench, because at my age, tendons/ligaments are easy to re-injure (implying that they have been injured before from such endeavors), so I work the chest with exercises that put less stress on the shoulder than standard barbells.

4. Don't know about the poster boy for anything, but I was thinking of waiting for Daniel Lane to post one of his bicep bearing pics, and put one of mine right after it as a tease. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Dark Reliant 1 year 9 months ago #59839

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1910
1. This request was in late March, but I was told that the option has existed for the models listed since before that, we just weren't aware of it. Which saber was it that you asked about?
This option has existed minimally for 12Months (from going through old Posts between Pages 45-60 in Open Topics, verified by DarthMario95) and was available either as an 'Insert Request in Order Notes' method or sending back in for upgrades method. Then SF Customs was born and Officially all were directed there whilst unofficially it was still selectively available. There was a debate/discussion over this with MHM's Black Bastion (Custom), additionally, All Black was written as available when Shadow1275 applied the very same (in the same manner-Insert Request in Order Notes) to his Disciple.

My query (inclusive of EDIT) stemmed from accuracy validation as Openly available or whether it continued to be selectively available. The Disciple (that has evidently been done before) isn't on your List and whilst Sinister Prophecy is on the List, it's also the very same that my email enquiry used as an example. The reply I received wasn't loosely interpreted, it was a direct No. No 'that it's only available with X Hilts' rather deflected to deal with Custom when it was known that Commissions were Closed. If it's not a dropbox option, No, was the reasoning. Perhaps just something that is 'accepted without understanding why'. Consistently inconsistent.
2. The shirt I was wearing was the workout shirt I had on when I got home from the gym.
:lol: Just teasing. If you decided to take a Selfie in Red pyjamas I would have commented the same. What? :huh: you didn't take it to the Gym with you? All those wall to wall full length mirrors would be perfect doing bicep curls with a Reliant. :P
3. I actually don't know how much I bench, because at my age, tendons/ligaments are easy to re-injure (implying that they have been injured before from such endeavors), so I work the chest with exercises that put less stress on the shoulder than standard barbells.
Understandable. Suffered disc displacement and fractures in L3/L4 more than a decade ago myself from Gym endeavours. Nowadays, with nerve damage in my left shoulder, the electricity has me feeling older than other days at times.
4. Don't know about the poster boy for anything, but I was thinking of waiting for Daniel Lane to post one of his bicep bearing pics, and put one of mine right after it as a tease.
Versus Battle: Brax/Daniel; Clash of the Titans! :)

Dark Reliant 1 year 9 months ago #59852

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 731
One of a kind, Brax! Black and that red button with red leather wrap, you can't go wrong! Thank you for sharing.
Saberforge lightsabers are cool :P
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEma1xhFlAneJcgIrT6nJtg

Dark Reliant 1 year 9 months ago #60227

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 310
Super nice Brax!
What may I ask was your inspiration for the all black finish with red wrap and white blade led and av switch?

Dark Reliant 1 year 9 months ago #60232

• Brax
  • Administrator
Honestly, it came from a character I used to play in City of Heroes. His costume was red, and black. All of his energy-based powers were white. I just love that color combination. His name was Abraxus, which also gave me my forum name. Brax, short for Abraxus.

Dark Reliant 1 year 9 months ago #60237

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 310
Very cool indeed.
You can never go wrong with that trio of Red, Black and White.

Dark Reliant 1 year 9 months ago #60326

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 345
I love the red wrap with black finish! I'm glad you're pleased with the Frost White. I love that LED color.

Out of curiosity, do you find that the black finish scuffs easily? My wedding band had really scuffed up the finish on my standard Epoch, and I am wondering if the Black Finish is the same. Thanks in advance!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Dark Reliant 1 year 9 months ago #60335

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 565
Yes HotRod, this finish will scuff. The finish process is a standard finish scarified with sandblaster, then anodized black. It's the same black anodizing used on weathered sabers. The finish is a little more tolerant to wear, but will still scuff!
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by =Ottomatix=.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HotRod

Dark Reliant 1 year 9 months ago #60343

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 345
Thanks, I picked up an all Black ASP hilt and I just wanted to know how to handle it. :-)

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Dark Reliant 1 year 9 months ago #60374

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 207
Can someone explain the Reliant to me? It's on the box art for TFU2, but never in the game. Is it somewhere else that I'm missing or it just box art that went viral? lol.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Ultrasabers Dorinian (21 Posts)
    • Quote: This helps a ton For Tyeth. It also gives backstory to why the Clone Wars Era Sabers are so similar...
    • Saberforge ignoring me (2 Posts)
    • I know the folks in Customer Support. I assure you, they are not ignoring you. They literally...
    • Help! No Power, 6 Month O... (3 Posts)
    • Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately not, the computer doesn't pick up the device when being plugged...
    • Help! No Power, 6 Month O... (3 Posts)
    • Hi Domfletch1986 Sorry to hear of your issues Have you tried connecting to a PC? If you can...
    • Ultrasabers Dorinian (21 Posts)
    • Quote: Hi Raakalaht, You're not crazy, it's a good question. The answer is a Clan sabers are sabers such...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6829
  • Latest Member: Domfletch1986
  • Total Posts: 68.8k
  • Total Topics: 5800
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 32
  • Yesterday Answer: 58