Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Reliant.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Champion Reliant V2 - Weathered - 12+ Blood Orange

Champion Reliant V2 - Weathered - 12+ Blood Orange 1 year 7 months ago #65259

• Unleashediv
  • Thank you received: 36
Story before the reliant

So to kick this post off, I paid for this saber and gave it away! Yes gave it away, crazy right?!
I ordered this saber via etsy, the reason for this is because I wanted for myself a 32" V4 Infinity Edge and a 32" Blue Day Blade as I broke my last blade.

When I was going to order the two blades, I saw the XMAS in July Sale. I thought to myself this is awesome value. I want to try and make an order worth while. S&H to Australia was a fair bit just for the two blades. I asked my child hood friend (now cousin in law) if he wanted the Reliant. He has been eyeing it out for sometime and wanted a saber so badly once he saw my Redeemer.

He 'ummm'd and eeeerrr'd' and finally gave in! I am so glad he did. So I purchased, 2 Blades and the Saber I am about to show below.

I spoke with the Etsy Customer Service and ensured I qualified for at least, the Free Blade Plug, The Free Day Blade (picked red), The Free Saber Stand (asked if I could get the Phoenix and got it!!) and also the Free Hilt. However Customer service confirmed I did not qualify for the hilt as the conversion was just under $500 USD. That's cool. Still got an awesome deal in my mind!

However! When I unboxed my package.. To my extreme surprise! I got not only the stand I wanted! I got a Lazerforge blade plug AND the Apprentice Hilt! :O :O I was wrapped.

Which made turning on this baby below all the more better! It is great!

Unboxing the weapon!
Onto the important bit of this post!

Firstly, when my friend took off the bubble wrap of the saber his eye's grew bigger and bigger and bigger as the bubble wrap came undone!

Finally when it was unwrapped his jaw dropped and the words that came out of his mouth (sorry for the language) "Holy S#!T". He couldn't believe he finally had his own first saber.

The following moment before anything else, he embraced me like a brother and said thank you and typical wog fashion 'cheers cuz, I appreciate it so much'.

I watched him try to turn it on and use it for the first time. He asked 'we probably need to charge it'. I smiled and said, try pull that little nut with the symbol (New Lazerforge kill key). He pulled it out and when he heard the words 'Saber Forge.. Crimson'.. His reaction was priceless 'Whaaaat' with his mouth wide open and smiled from ear to ear. He had only known of my Veridium sound board.

Automatically he could tell what to press when the momentary switch lit up. He had pressed it and when you thought he couldn't get anymore surprised or happier, he was even more thrilled!

When I held onto this piece of power!

When I first gripped this saber. The only thought that came to mind was big, heavy blows! Give me a 37" just to swing it around in traditional Form 4 style and just crush something with it!

I usually use a 32" and my Redeemer (in my mind) is used in finesse and speed! Having learned to swing it properly at the Saber Academy (Son's of Obiwan).

I have seen Red LED Sabers before, Plenty of them and I love the colour. Usually in a black hilt they look amazing. But to see a blood orange for the first time. Was something else, when I turn it on, it feels destructive, angry, yet more energetic than any red I have seen. It looks like the person wielding this saber has the energy reserves of the world and ready to take on anyone!

Even with the Red Day Blade, this weapon really really serves its intimidating powerful purpose.

All in all! For the brief moment I owned this saber taking photos! I can say hand on heart, I am glad it was a gift that I would have kept for myself and glad the new owner is absolutely wrapped.
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Unleashediv.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Greysider, =Ottomatix=, Borommakot, OvrcAHst, DK44

Champion Reliant V2 - Weathered - 12+ Blood Orange 1 year 7 months ago #65262

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1753
That is a special gift, and it sounds like it was given to someone who could really appreciate the gravity of such an offering.

Awesome man!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Unleashediv

Champion Reliant V2 - Weathered - 12+ Blood Orange 1 year 7 months ago #65264

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1910
Appreciate the backstory and even more so with your generosity with the act of paying it forward, very noble, Credit to you. Agreed that BO is a remarkable colour and pairs extremely well with a Brown-leathered weathered Body. I've spent more than I should have on Sabers since 2016 began, ridiculously enough to cover many, many Christmases, Birthdays etc. and whilst common sense and logic would dictate that I not, seeing this certainly has me tempted.. :blush: Thank you for the share. :)

Champion Reliant V2 - Weathered - 12+ Blood Orange 1 year 7 months ago #65268

• Unleashediv
Thank you guys, if I get time at work today I will try to write down in a reply to this thread what else I remember about the saber. My in law who has it has gone under surgery today to try and repair his ACL. So won't see the saber for sometime.

If I visit him at home I will take more photos and get his after thoughts of owning it. :)

But I know for a fact he wants another SF Saber. B)

Champion Reliant V2 - Weathered - 12+ Blood Orange 1 year 7 months ago #65269

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 575
Very handsome looking hilt! Glad to hear you're happy with it.

Champion Reliant V2 - Weathered - 12+ Blood Orange 1 year 7 months ago #65278

• DK44
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 216
Man that saber looks sweet, you are very generous! Nice write-up and glad you ended up getting the stand, blade plug, and apprentice hilt after all!

Quick question: when ordering from etsy, doesn't the saber come with a blade?

Champion Reliant V2 - Weathered - 12+ Blood Orange 1 year 7 months ago #65280

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 731
Awesome combination and saber!
Saberforge lightsabers are cool :P
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEma1xhFlAneJcgIrT6nJtg

Champion Reliant V2 - Weathered - 12+ Blood Orange 1 year 7 months ago #65281

• Renaissance1459
  • "I am a Jedi...like my father before me!"
  • Thank you received: 35
Congrats on getting the saber plus all bonuses that come with it, Unleashediv! Really glad that SF finally decided that you qualified for them all...

Get well soon for your brother-in-law and good luck with his surgery...I believe the image of the saber he held in his hand will be his strength to get back to full health! May the Forge be with you both!

Champion Reliant V2 - Weathered - 12+ Blood Orange 1 year 7 months ago #65296

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 41
Gotta admit, that's very generous of you to give one away like that! I don't know if I could do the same thing hahaha.

That is a very slick looking saber, looks really mean in weathered with that blood red! Very nice!

A question though, can that little control box be removed? I've been debating ordering ASP parts and one is the Reliant Emitter, but that control box looks just odd.
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Zeddicuus.

Champion Reliant V2 - Weathered - 12+ Blood Orange 1 year 7 months ago #65323

• Unleashediv
DK44 wrote:
Man that saber looks sweet, you are very generous! Nice write-up and glad you ended up getting the stand, blade plug, and apprentice hilt after all!

Quick question: when ordering from etsy, doesn't the saber come with a blade?

Thank you so much, it was a mind blow for me because I was still happy even though I wasn't going to get the apprentice hilt. I suggested that maybe for the next sale to also note down to advise it is measured in USD.

But it was a great experience.

Yes! The saber did come with a standard V4 37" Blade. Sorry I should have included that. I forgot to ask them for a standard "32 instead. So in total I got 4 Blades, 3 Plugs, 1 Stand and 1 Apprentice hilt and this beauty up top.

I hope to get more photos and also my inlaw's thoughts on it so I can write that up too.

Thank you for the kind words sir :)

Champion Reliant V2 - Weathered - 12+ Blood Orange 1 year 7 months ago #65324

• Unleashediv
Renaissance1459 wrote:
Congrats on getting the saber plus all bonuses that come with it, Unleashediv! Really glad that SF finally decided that you qualified for them all...

Get well soon for your brother-in-law and good luck with his surgery...I believe the image of the saber he held in his hand will be his strength to get back to full health! May the Forge be with you both!

Thank you so much, look they didn't have too and I messaged them pretty much after I finished unboxing to say thank you and also wow! The Melissa confirmed they had to double check and they were happy to give me an awesome surprise and boy was I surprised.

Thank you so much. Hahahahah! I told him to take it with him and tell the nurses to bow before him!
And May the Forge be with you as well :D

Champion Reliant V2 - Weathered - 12+ Blood Orange 1 year 7 months ago #65325

• Unleashediv
Zeddicuus wrote:
Gotta admit, that's very generous of you to give one away like that! I don't know if I could do the same thing hahaha.

That is a very slick looking saber, looks really mean in weathered with that blood red! Very nice!

A question though, can that little control box be removed? I've been debating ordering ASP parts and one is the Reliant Emitter, but that control box looks just odd.

Look I will be honest, usually I am always so happy when I give something to someone and see them happy. It means more to me. This time around... I was thinking to myself, do I really want to give him this? I mean it looks amazing and handles well... But as soon as he left I felt great about it.

Yes! It can. I believe there is a screw on the inside to take it off. I am not sure how to go about it. But!! I saw another one with the control box removed and it still looked as great, no weird marks and it is still solid metal underneath. So if you do decide to go with a full Reliant, be assured you can remove it.

I just don't know how.

Thank you again :D

Champion Reliant V2 - Weathered - 12+ Blood Orange 1 year 7 months ago #65338

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 359
Awesome Reliant. I've always liked this hilt and have envisioned myself owning one in grey weathering one day. Congrats on a beauty!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Champion Reliant V2 - Weathered - 12+ Blood Orange 1 year 7 months ago #65450

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 345
That is a great story and one heck of a great saber! Wow. Blood Orange just fits with some hilts!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Ultrasabers Dorinian (21 Posts)
    • Quote: This helps a ton For Tyeth. It also gives backstory to why the Clone Wars Era Sabers are so similar...
    • Saberforge ignoring me (2 Posts)
    • I know the folks in Customer Support. I assure you, they are not ignoring you. They literally...
    • Help! No Power, 6 Month O... (3 Posts)
    • Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately not, the computer doesn't pick up the device when being plugged...
    • Help! No Power, 6 Month O... (3 Posts)
    • Hi Domfletch1986 Sorry to hear of your issues Have you tried connecting to a PC? If you can...
    • Ultrasabers Dorinian (21 Posts)
    • Quote: Hi Raakalaht, You're not crazy, it's a good question. The answer is a Clan sabers are sabers such...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6829
  • Latest Member: Domfletch1986
  • Total Posts: 68.8k
  • Total Topics: 5800
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 32
  • Yesterday Answer: 58