Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Red Accents favoured..

Red Accents favoured.. 6 days 2 hours ago #78341

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1643

Renegade | NBv4 w/PeX | Red Orange/Deep Red/Green
The other another Story so far… entry

Credit once more to Stark Sabers for the install ;).

The only other New Apprentice that was considered and subsequently followed through with. It took the single aspect of Oracle that I liked, the knurled switch part and doubled down to become what is known as Renegade.
Opted for some custom powdercoating on this one as the stock finishes didn’t quite do it for me.

Dual coated Translucent Red over the emitter shroud and chrome powdering to the blade holder and grip body whilst retaining the knurled switch part and accents on lower grip black. Great use and mix of Red, Black and Silver.

Really like the four pointed crown emitter, creates a nice point of different and keeps aesthetics symmetrical.

Much like Heretic, a cute little hilt that’s light and nimble. Ideal ergonomic grip around the knurled switch with supported function around the choke.

Raise accent banding on the grip body adds looks and function to an otherwise plain section.

A Four pointed crown Pommel mirrors the aesthetics of the emitter shroud and compliments the two ends perfectly, wrapping up an overall, well balance single handed Saber hilt.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider, =Ottomatix=, scifidude79, Rapine

Red Accents favoured.. 6 days 2 hours ago #78342

• OvrcAHst
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider, scifidude79

Red Accents favoured.. 6 days 2 hours ago #78346

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1212
I knew I like this model. This just solidifies that belief.

Again, great job!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Red Accents favoured.. 6 days 1 hour ago #78348

• Darth Squidious
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 126
You and your red accents... You're consistent my friend, I'll give you that. Very nice.
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!
Last Edit: 6 days 1 hour ago by Darth Squidious.

Red Accents favoured.. 5 days 23 hours ago #78353

• CrimsonJax88
  • Elite Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 84
The Talon and Bastion are the only ones for me who I might consider from the Apprentice line, but the Renegade is indeed getting more attractive after seeing these photos; the pommel and emitter indeed make the lightsaber work/unique, but I'm sort of half-half on that body; not that it's ugly, it just feels like it should have a bit extra detail going on considering the rest of the hilt.

But hey, powdercoating might indeed be a good solution then, that red looks amazing (any of the translucent ones I think could make for some really nice combos)
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!

Red Accents favoured.. 5 days 18 hours ago #78359

• scifidude79
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 90
DUUUUUUDE! Holy crap! That's one sexy looking saber. Wow, I'm really starting to like this design more and more. That custom powder coating is absolutely killer. The silver, black and red finish is absolutely stunning. Plus, it's so shiny and the black knurled sections are even more of a contrast than in the standard and two tone finish. Wow. Thanks a lot for the share. B)
Last Edit: 5 days 18 hours ago by scifidude79.

Red Accents favoured.. 5 days 18 hours ago #78364

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 291
:woohoo: Looks sick man! A splash of red is always a nice touch to any Sith hilt.... and that chrome... <3

Red Accents favoured.. 5 days 15 hours ago #78373

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 533
Again you have shown how thinking outside the box and not settling for the mundane, can achieve fantastic results.

Red Accents favoured.. 5 days 8 hours ago #78398

• OvrcAHst
Brax wrote:
I knew I like this model. This just solidifies that belief.
Again, great job!
:lol: Quite possibly there's already a Custom you have in a queue as another with a pre-release SC3? ;) :whistle:

Darth Squidious wrote:
You and your red accents... You're consistent my friend, I'll give you that. Very nice.
What can I say, Red's my flavour and applies to blade colour and surface accents (mostly) ;)

CrimsonJax88 wrote:
The Talon and Bastion are the only ones for me who I might consider from the Apprentice line,
Fair enough. Talon was a 'keep scrolling' for me and once upon a time Bastion had some appeal but it was one of those aforementioned that was moved along.
Renegade is indeed getting more attractive after seeing these photos; the pommel and emitter indeed make the lightsaber work/unique, but I'm sort of half-half on that body; not that it's ugly, it just feels like it should have a bit extra detail going on considering the rest of the hilt.
I get you. Preliminary mock ups saw that a dual tone specific to the grip body made it too busy for my liking so I opted for the pictured result.

scifidude79 wrote:
DUUUUUUDE! Holy crap! That's one sexy looking saber. Wow, I'm really starting to like this design more and more. That custom powder coating is absolutely killer. The silver, black and red finish is absolutely stunning. Plus, it's so shiny and the black knurled sections are even more of a contrast than in the standard and two tone finish. Wow. Thanks a lot for the share. B)
Another to join the queue of acquisitions? :whistle:

KelbornX wrote:
:woohoo: Looks sick man! A splash of red is always a nice touch to any Sith hilt.... and that chrome... <3
Red, my go to default B)

=Ottomatix= wrote:
Again you have shown how thinking outside the box and not settling for the mundane, can achieve fantastic results.
Trial and error really. When you take a punt, sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't.. :P

But hey, powdercoating might indeed be a good solution then, that red looks amazing (any of the translucent ones I think could make for some really nice combos)[/quote]

Red Accents favoured.. 5 days 4 hours ago #78407

• scifidude79
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 90
OvrcAHst wrote:
Another to join the queue of acquisitions? :whistle:

It's getting there. The more I see it, the more I like it, especially yours and the dual tone finish one Jas-Ot posted about last week. Plus, it's actually in stock right now, most of the other sabers on my list aren't. ;)

Red Accents favoured.. 5 days 3 hours ago #78409

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 313
Very nice. Really digging the red emitter. And the polish job is outstanding.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Red Accents favoured.. 4 days 3 hours ago #78455

• OvrcAHst
scifidude79 wrote:
It's getting there. The more I see it, the more I like it, especially yours and the dual tone finish one Jas-Ot posted about last week. Plus, it's actually in stock right now, most of the other sabers on my list aren't. ;)
:pinch: That available one might just have your name all over it?

Thank you Greysider. Am a sucker for Red :lol:
No polish on this one, all powder. :)
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Saber Forge Mystery Box S... (109 Posts)
    • Quote: Ok so this is my first post. I am new to the light saber community. So I want to say hello to...
    • 2W crackle (2 Posts)
    • Very stupid question: did you charge the batteries yet? Static/crackle in the speaker is a symptom...
    • Saber Forge Mystery Box S... (109 Posts)
    • Well, I have some good news, and some bad news... The bad news: I'm still impatient (some things...
    • Official SaberCore3 Intro... (22 Posts)
    • Can you order the new SC3 with an ASP saber? It doesn't show in the assembly options. Ryan
    • 2W crackle (2 Posts)
    • Hey everyone, New to the forum and to sabers, I've built my two first sabers. First one being a...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5526
  • Latest Member: Bdurist
  • Total Posts: 58.3k
  • Total Topics: 4853
  • Total Sections: 23
  • Total Categories: 129
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 5
  • Yesterday Answer: 41