• Page:

TOPIC: My Ronin MK3 has arrived.

My Ronin MK3 has arrived. 4 months 3 weeks ago #78910

• Gen Croix Man
  • Premium Member
  • Your focus determines your reality
  • Thank you received: 46
Hi D7,

I'm so sorry, I have read a lot on the forum on how excited you were to finally order the Ronin. Beautiful saber and I hope they can fix it and return it to you in a flash.

And welcome to the not too sane group. This hobby is really expensive, can't even imagine for the ones like you that have added import fees. But it'll all be worth it when you start wacking Sith or Jedi with that gorgeous Ronin.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

"Do you hear that? That is the sound of a thousand terrible things headed this way."
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dauntless 7

My Ronin MK3 has arrived. 4 months 3 weeks ago #78955

• Dauntless 7
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 103
Thanks again fellas for all your help, support and PM. Still have not heard back from SF sales dept . but the information supplied by Darth Squidious makes perfect sense to me so will be added on if needed.

Have a question though. Is there any damage to the board by the current running into it from the wall ? Was the saber actually getting some kind of battery charge or was it just my imagination that the av ring and LED looked brighter or more intense ? Presently the saber is unused with the kk in place.

And about shaking the life out of the saber to get the QD housing out.... that can't be good for any of the internals I would imagine so leaving it deep red would be the best decision ?! I did ask the customer service rep if QD's could be used on the Ronin prior to ordering that option.

I really appreciate all your efforts and advice. :)
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Dauntless 7.

My Ronin MK3 has arrived. 4 months 3 weeks ago #78956

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 277
Could be the connection to the RCP is bridged somehow. Anyway, that sucks.
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

My Ronin MK3 has arrived. 4 months 3 weeks ago #78973

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 453
Dauntless 7 wrote:
Have a question though. Is there any damage to the board by the current running into it from the wall ? Was the saber actually getting some kind of battery charge or was it just my imagination that the av ring and LED looked brighter or more intense ? Presently the saber is unused with the kk in place.

I wouldn't think so... for a short period of time. The wall charger puts out 4.2v (which is what the battery needs to properly take a charge) while the battery puts out 3.7v. Over time that could damage the board since it's only rated for 3.7v. I'm nowhere near an expert in electrical engineering... so take that with a grain of salt lol.

Dauntless 7 wrote:
And about shaking the life out of the saber to get the QD housing out.... that can't be good for any of the internals I would imagine so leaving it deep red would be the best decision ?! I did ask the customer service rep if QD's could be used on the Ronin prior to ordering that option.

While SF doesn't (yet) use an actual chassis, they do wedge the boards in there pretty good with velcro strips for padding. Nothing's really going to be moving besides the LED. The only thing to be careful of is to not to pull too hard on the wires when removing the module.

My Ronin MK3 has arrived. 4 months 2 weeks ago #79377

• Dauntless 7
  • Elite Member
Hi fellas. Just an update and questions regarding what the next step I should be taking to get my Ronin fixed. So far I emailed them with the problems and requests. Received a reply from India that it seems that the saber needs to be sent back for repair and asked for my invoice #. Sent that information and did not hear back so re-sent the last email just incase it got lost. Received basically a form type reply saying that SF had already responded to my email.

What I have got so far is an acknowledgement that the saber needs to be looked at and corrected. Can anyone advise me what I should do next as I have had no further direction about how to send it back and this form I need to fill out... and in my assessment even a formal approval to get the saber fixed. Also the correct SF address to sent the parcel to. :unsure:

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I'm not sure what the next step is and anticipate another standard reply which is not going to my saber fixed. Thanks in advance. :)

My Ronin MK3 has arrived. 4 months 2 weeks ago #79382

• Isola815
  • Thank you received: 18
Dauntless 7 wrote:
Hi fellas. Just an update and questions regarding what the next step I should be taking to get my Ronin fixed. So far I emailed them with the problems and requests. Received a reply from India that it seems that the saber needs to be sent back for repair and asked for my invoice #. Sent that information and did not hear back so re-sent the last email just incase it got lost. Received basically a form type reply saying that SF had already responded to my email.

What I have got so far is an acknowledgement that the saber needs to be looked at and corrected. Can anyone advise me what I should do next as I have had no further direction about how to send it back and this form I need to fill out... and in my assessment even a formal approval to get the saber fixed. Also the correct SF address to sent the parcel to. :unsure:

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I'm not sure what the next step is and anticipate another standard reply which is not going to my saber fixed. Thanks in advance. :)

All I can suggest is instead of replying to the e-mail, send a brand new one (so the auto reply doesn't assume your problem is solved) asking for the information you need and maybe ask for a contact number so you can call them and make sure everything is right before you ship off your saber.

Sorry about the e-mail drama. Every e-mail I've ever sent them has been like pulling teeth! It really makes it hard when we're from other countries and we have the added hassle of shipping stuff back :(

This is from their website. :

Mailing address for returns, warranty, ect. This is the mailing address, NOT the showroom address.
SaberForge
270 Beavercreek Rd STE 200
Oregon City OR 97045

EMAIL: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I hope you get it sorted out quickly :(

My Ronin MK3 has arrived. 4 months 2 weeks ago #79389

• Dauntless 7
  • Elite Member
Thanks Isola. As you well know, this is an international saber owner's nightmare... esp. when the saber is brand new. Doesn't make much difference that the two countries are on the same continent. Right now am dealing with other personal challenges so will add this to the pile and eventually get it taken care of soonish.

Thanks so much for the quick and helpful reply. Stay awesome. :)
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Dauntless 7.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isola815

My Ronin MK3 has arrived. 4 months 2 weeks ago #79446

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 672
D7, just send them a new email as Isola815 suggested with the invoice #. As I have suggested before, it is far more efficient to send a video of the problem. It only takes a minute or two to show the problem on video. Otherwise you need to describe the problem concisely to prevent to-and-from emails that take days. SF will almost certainly approve your RMA and ask that you mail the saber back to them with a completed RMA form.

I have sent hilts back. I live further than you from Oregon. They do get it fixed. If there is something I would give SF a perfect score for, then it's for their repair / warranty service. SF honors their warranty (which is a lot more than can be said for one or two other companies that also have so called warranties that they don't honor). Please keep us posted.

RMA link: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1440/9434/files/sf_rma_form_5fa899ae-81ff-4daa-95b2-3f1cebf1e8f2.pdf?16406703381553450789
"I am the Senate"
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Execute66.

My Ronin MK3 has arrived. 4 months 2 weeks ago #79447

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
Ex66, you're basically on the other end of the planet give or take a degree of latitude. :)

D7, you make me wanna hop in the truck with a soldering iron and road trip, sorry for your frustration.
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

My Ronin MK3 has arrived. 4 months 2 weeks ago #79453

• Dauntless 7
  • Elite Member
Ex66... Thanks so much for putting my minor annoyance back into perspective. Believe it or not but I am likely one of the few persons in the online community that chooses not to use a cell phone. Therefore not so easy to just make and send off a video. But the photos seemed to be sufficient so I just need to send that new email. Thanks for your concern and suggestion. I appreciate your ongoing positive outlooks on life in general. :)

Darth Squid aka the Kraken... You just made my day. That is so kind of a gesture ! If you ever come to Victoria BC and feel like taking a short detour from holiday activities, I have a few other sabers that can use your craftsmanship for soldering iron saber magic. ;) Actually I have a somewhat decent soldering kit in an unopened box lol. Here's a bit of info that you might appreciate. Victoria has the world's largest pink octopus. They live really deep in the cold waters. Also the area is a popular place for serious scuba divers. :lol:

Thanks again everyone and someday a proper review will show up. :cheer:

My Ronin MK3 has arrived. 4 months 2 weeks ago #79454

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1005
Hi D7,

I hope you hear some positive news soon, I've been looking forward to this hilt being revealed for a while.

But in the meantime, I know a very nice book reviewer who lives in the same neighbourhood as you and she always treats herself to one of the famous local pastries with sprinkles on when having days like this. I'll try and find which café she gets them from and let you know so you can go and treat yourself to one.

kind regards,

For Tyeth

My Ronin MK3 has arrived. 4 months 2 weeks ago #79463

• Dauntless 7
  • Elite Member
Hi anyone following this journey lol. Emailed SF again and received a reply that had the details that I needed. So will be sending the saber back this week. As compensation for the international mailing they are letting me swap out the tsuba at no charge. I presently have the Legion one but after seeing the sabers with the Rising Sun ( Ex66 may have one ) this is what I will get instead with the weathered pattern.

Again thanks for the help and encouragement to take care of this now. Am so looking forward to getting a healthy Ronin back. :)

My Ronin MK3 has arrived. 4 months 2 weeks ago #79466

• Rapine
  • Premium Member
  • Almost Halloween...
  • Thank you received: 63
Darth Squidious wrote:
Ex66, you're basically on the other end of the planet give or take a degree of latitude. :)
Isola's farther. :P

Great news D7! Hopefully you get it back in short order. :)

Soldering jobs eh? :P
"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

My Ronin MK3 has arrived. 4 months 2 weeks ago #79468

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
Rapine wrote:
Darth Squidious wrote:
Isola's farther. :P

Great news D7! Hopefully you get it back in short order. :)

Soldering jobs eh? :P

From Oregon? Pretty sure if I tunnelled straight down I'd come out somewhere just east of Cornwall...maybe the north coast of France, Sur La Mere is nice this time of year. Of course with my luck I'd come up at the bottom of the North Sea.

And I'll solder your recharge port anytime big boy :)
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Darth Squidious.

My Ronin MK3 has arrived. 4 months 2 weeks ago #79470

• Rapine
  • Premium Member
  • Almost Halloween...
  • Thank you received: 63
Darth Squidious wrote:
And I'll solder your recharge port anytime big boy :)

"No, I'll solder yours" :P

Ahhh Top Gun...

He IS in Australia. :whistle:
"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

My Ronin MK3 has arrived. 4 months 2 weeks ago #79473

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1005
Darth Squidious wrote:
From Oregon? Pretty sure if I tunnelled straight down I'd come out somewhere just east of Cornwall...maybe the north coast of France, Sur La Mere is nice this time of year. Of course with my luck I'd come up at the bottom of the North Sea.

That's Ok Squidious, I live in exile on a little island in the middle of the North Sea! I'll save ya!

Though with your name you're probably at home in deep water!

kind regards,
For Tyeth

And is Isola's farther.....Darth Vader?

My Ronin MK3 has arrived. 4 months 2 weeks ago #79478

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
For Tyeth wrote:
Darth Squidious wrote:

That's Ok Squidious, I live in exile on a little island in the middle of the North Sea! I'll save ya!

Though with your name you're probably at home in deep water!

kind regards,
For Tyeth

And is Isola's farther.....Darth Vader?

Actually, I have long since preferred dry land. Like all sailors I have a healthy respect and an unhealthy superstition about deep water. Old Hob can drag down another poor soul for the locker.

Speaking of, the 19th is "talk like a pirate day"!

Avas! Me proud beauty, to the crows nest I go!
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

My Ronin MK3 has arrived. 4 months 2 weeks ago #79482

• Dauntless 7
  • Elite Member
Ha ha ha ... you guys are all crackers ! :silly: :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

My Ronin MK3 has arrived. 4 months 2 weeks ago #79484

• Dauntless 7
  • Elite Member
Just thought of one more question for the international returnees. When I fill out the customs sticker that goes on the package... that asks what is in the parcel and the value of each item. Can anyone tell me how to say that it is a lightsaber/toy ?! , the $ amount and should I indicate that it is being sent not as a gift but for repair ? Should I insure the saber but then this would have to match the stated value or should I just pay for tracking and signature.

Thanks for your guidance. :)

My Ronin MK3 has arrived. 4 months 2 weeks ago #79490

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 453
Dauntless 7 wrote:
Just thought of one more question for the international returnees. When I fill out the customs sticker that goes on the package... that asks what is in the parcel and the value of each item. Can anyone tell me how to say that it is a lightsaber/toy ?! , the $ amount and should I indicate that it is being sent not as a gift but for repair ? Should I insure the saber but then this would have to match the stated value or should I just pay for tracking and signature.

Thanks for your guidance. :)

I can't speak to the customs form for Canada...

...but definitely insure it for the full value of the saber. No idea about Canada Post or w/e you're gonna be using, but it's only a few dollars with USPS to have some reassurance.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Frost White (11 Posts)
    • Frost white is very underrated
    • We're Alive!! (10 Posts)
    • Yeah that wasn't fun. Finally woke up to some good news As of now your server is back online. We...
    • We're Alive!! (10 Posts)
    • You guys think you were having withdrawal? This is practically my digital home!

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6505
  • Latest Member: asyhox
  • Total Posts: 64.6k
  • Total Topics: 5473
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 5
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 24
  • Yesterday Answer: 0