Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Return of The Jedi - Blue Lightsaber Tests

Return of The Jedi - Blue Lightsaber Tests 4 weeks 2 days ago #84915

• White Jedi
  • I see you have constructed a new lightsaber. Your skills are complete. Indeed you are powerful, as the Emperor has foreseen
  • Thank you received: 4
Has anyone seen this before? When I first watched it this morning I thought it was actually real footage before it was changed, but its just a fan edit, and watching it back you can actually seen green underneath blue when he swings it about, doh!

But I'm glad they changed to green, it really sets the film apart from the blue we was used to. And back then at least the green looked green. In the previous films it looked all washed out and white in some scenes.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Return of The Jedi - Blue Lightsaber Tests 4 weeks 2 days ago #84916

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1020
Hi White Jedi,

From what I remember there was actual footage of Luke with a blue saber that was used for pre release audience approval rating tests but it was decided that the blue saber didn't stand out enough visually. They opted to change the colour to green but not until after the theatrical posters were already printed, so there are posters out there with Luke using a BLUE saber (Including early versions of the poster with the title "Revenge of the Jedi" which was rejected as Jedi didn't seek revenge being the "good guys")

And I'm glad they changed it to green too, or I'd have to change all my profile pictures and signature!

For Tyeth < see what I mean?...Green!
The following user(s) said Thank You: White Jedi

Return of The Jedi - Blue Lightsaber Tests 4 weeks 2 days ago #84917

• Sharangir
  • Thank you received: 7
It says "Revenge of the Jedi" in the overlay.. O.o

Return of The Jedi - Blue Lightsaber Tests 4 weeks 1 day ago #84919

• White Jedi
  • I see you have constructed a new lightsaber. Your skills are complete. Indeed you are powerful, as the Emperor has foreseen
  • Thank you received: 4
For Tyeth wrote:
Hi White Jedi,

From what I remember there was actual footage of Luke with a blue saber that was used for pre release audience approval rating tests but it was decided that the blue saber didn't stand out enough visually. They opted to change the colour to green but not until after the theatrical posters were already printed, so there are posters out there with Luke using a BLUE saber (Including early versions of the poster with the title "Revenge of the Jedi" which was rejected as Jedi didn't seek revenge being the "good guys")

And I'm glad they changed it to green too, or I'd have to change all my profile pictures and signature!

For Tyeth < see what I mean?...Green!

Yeah, I remember the poster with Luke at full stretch and a raunchy looking Leia, wait, that sounds so wrong :lol: and never did understand why it was blue (well it actually looks white) when I was young. Someone on here has it as their avatar. And yeah I know why they changed it, but i dont think it doesn't stand out too badly, but as I said i'm glad they did changed it. I just dont know why they never thought to have green or other coloured sabers back then?

Sharangir wrote:
It says "Revenge of the Jedi" in the overlay.. O.o

In the description they put

''I know that the opening title says "Revenge of The Jedi". I meant to make it "Return...", but decided not to fix it.''

But as Tyeth says it was originally titled that so not sure if the uploader actually knew this, or just made a mistake that was actually true at one point. Even the early movie posters said Revenge on them. It actually looks like Luke has a red lightsaber, and Vader a blue one.

And opening title shot

Last Edit: 4 weeks 1 day ago by White Jedi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sharangir

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6607
  • Latest Member: Waronpglard
  • Total Posts: 65.9k
  • Total Topics: 5577
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 3