Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Call for videos: Spin Wars 2015

Call for videos: Spin Wars 2015 1 year 10 months ago #22995

• Darth Cephalus
  • Premium Member
  • Many tentacles, the dark side has.
  • Thank you received: 67
Hello Sabering community. As 2015 comes to a close, the air has gone cold, the decorations are in the windows, and it is time once again for people who love showing off with LED sabers to come together and show the community what you learned over the last year.

That's right, it is time for Spin Wars: Episode 2!!!

Simply put, most of us here tend to do our own things. We do choreographed fights, martial arts demos, spinning routines, costume work, etc. What if there was a way to get several of those things into one project that would showcase a wider picture of what we, as a community, do with lightsabers? That is what Spin Wars did last year. For anyone unfamiliar, Last year's video may be found here.

So what about this year? Anyone willing to volunteer, post a video in which you show us your saber work. You can choreograph a fight, you can give us spinning, you can film some freeform work, you can do it with lit or unlit blades, in costume or in plain clothes, outside, inside, or on green screen. This footage will be edited together into a single video. This year, if there are enough people interested. We may even look at two videos (a light side and a dark side) if there are enough participants.

The criteria:

1. For editing and theme purposes, the video should be designed to accompany a piece of music I will post on this thread soon. Please have the music playing in the video so that I can hear it in the background for timing. If you record it without the music or while the music was playing through headphones, please attach the music track to it before you post.

2. Your video must include a lightsaber and be something recognizable as "a performance".

3. Your content should not violate youtube or forum rules.

The details:

If you are interested, please post and say so. The initial interest will help determine if we are doing one video or two. When you have a video, please post it here. I can rip things from youtube without a problem for editing. Please include the name or moniker you would like to appear in the credits. If you have a signature move, pose, or other brief trademark, please post it as a separate video or still image as you would like it to appear in the credits. If none is submitted, I will use a short clip from your routine. If you have a youtube channel or web link, post it and I will include it in the description. Please try to submit material as soon as you are able. I would like to start editing in mid December with a video release on Youtube around the first of the year.

Additional notes and disclaimers:

This is not a professional video and my channel is not monetized so there is no profit being made. This is by and for those who are willing to donate time and energy to make it happen. I will have to decide what makes it in and what does not. We are only working with 6 minutes between the two videos. I will try to include everyone, and if too many people are interested to do that, I will try to make a second cut. If you have a favorite segment, feel free to let me know the time range and I will do what I can, but no promises. Other than that, feel free to discuss and ask questions if you wish. If there is anything I can do to help you put together a submission, let me know. Otherwise, happy sabering
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Call for videos: Spin Wars 2015 1 year 10 months ago #23449

• Darth Cephalus
  • Premium Member
And now the music is official. For the light siders, we have Darth & Vader's return of the jedi order 66 mix by I.Y.F.F.E

mp3 can be found for download on http://daimp3.net
search for "darth & vader - return of the jedi order 66"

For the Dark siders, Dyman's Dark side

Download mp3 here
www.jamendo.com/track/1121484/dark-side?language=en

The Light side track is a bit longer than the dark side, which works since most of the people who responded identified with the light side. Remember to have the music audible in the video so I can sync them up for edits.

Now you have everything you need. So, Get spinning!

Call for videos: Spin Wars 2015 1 year 9 months ago #25239

• Darth Cephalus
  • Premium Member
I just recorded my dark side video and will be posting it in the next day or two. I will try to keep submissions open until the 20th or so, just in case any others want in on this. As yet, we do not have enough light side videos to fill the music (we have about half that), so hopefully that will change before then. If need be, I can hold down the dark side on my own, though at least 3 on each side would be preferable.

Call for videos: Spin Wars 2015 1 year 9 months ago #25410

• Darth Cephalus
  • Premium Member
So here is mine in raw form. Hopefully this will get others thinking and bring some more videos to the table. This is me with my contact staff. The darkness obscures it but there are several roles and other interesting things in here. Now if only I would learn to stop ducking out of frame.

Call for videos: Spin Wars 2015 1 year 9 months ago #27126

• Darth Cephalus
  • Premium Member
The rough cut is done, now I just need to clean it up a bit and work on transitions. We had in total, three participants (same number as last year but not the same faces). I ended up needing to change the music and edit into one film as this was fewer than anticipated. Thanks to those who participated. Expect an on time release of the finished product on New Year's eve.

Call for videos: Spin Wars 2015 1 year 8 months ago #28822

• Darth Cephalus
  • Premium Member
So it is finished. There were fewer participants than expected, but that might be owing to the many other Star Wars related activities that are taking people's time right now. We made do. Thank you to those who participated and to those who expressed interest, even if you were unable to submit anything. Without further ado, let me present Spin Wars Episode II: The Battle is Joined. Following the theme of last year's Spin Wars I went with more of a duel format, since we had dark and light represented. Enjoy.

Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Im really tempted to orde... (9 Posts)
    • Not sure about the all black finish, but on the standard finish, the edges on the main grip section...
    • Im really tempted to orde... (9 Posts)
    • Hey guys some reviews mention sharp edges on the handle part. Is that accurate? 2nd question is...
    • Tell Us What You Got! (158 Posts)
    • My $300 MB came in today! As soon as I get home from work I will let you guys know what I got. I...
    • SaberForge Exhalted Revie... (3 Posts)
    • Very nice Exhalted ChewBaci. If I ever dip my toes into the thin-neck pool, it’ll definitely be...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5731
  • Latest Member: VigRXPlus
  • Total Posts: 59.9k
  • Total Topics: 4962
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 0
  • Yesterday Answer: 42