Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Choreographed vs. Non-Choreographed

Choreographed vs. Non-Choreographed 1 year 8 months ago #29009

• slenaas
  • Thank you received: 6
Ever since i went to Star Wars Celebration 3 back in 2005 and seeing a mock battle between Obi-wan and Anakin cos players that MR was using to draw people to their booth, I've always wanted to learn a style and do a choreographed battle.

The problem is, after only a couple minutes into the "fight", i always find myself dropping whichever style I'm trying to get used to and i find myself just responding in a manner that doesn't adhere to any particular style(not sure if this makes sense or not) which winds up ruining the fight. The blade I'm currently using is a MR Mace Windu (that could be the source of my problems given its weight).

As many people have seen in my post, i am always claiming that i am planning on getting a consular (this is true just waiting to get enough money to get one).

That being said, do you get drawn to a particular style the same way you get drawn to your first hilt?
Blades:

1. Consular yellow
The topic has been locked.

Choreographed vs. Non-Choreographed 1 year 8 months ago #29121

• xyster
  • Elite Member
  • "my god, it's full of stars"
  • Thank you received: 61
Hey, Slenaas.
No matter what else, your style is going to reflect the type of person you are. If you're naturally quite reserved and thoughtful, then you're naturally going to adopt something more defensive and counter strike based, such as Djem - so
And I'm not just talking about saber fighting, but other things in general.
I dabbled in boxing long ago and still keep it up for fitness. Though I'm right handed, I always favoured a southpaw stance as I can see better, defend better, attack better and felt much much more comfortable with my foot movement and balance. And when I play chess I prefer black. Let my opponent blunder in so I can see what he's up to.

Bottom line is that you need to be 100% comfortable in your chosen form, to give you a solid base, then you can start adapting and mixing things up. You can certainly admire and incorporate the acrobatics of say Ataru, but there's no value in striving and sweating to be something you're not.

MTFBWY
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slenaas
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Official Saberforge Grafl... (5 Posts)
    • Yes! Was going to do an ASP version of it but I'll wait for it's release.
    • SaberForge Exhalted Revie... (5 Posts)
    • Sucks about the shipping issues :( All of SF's thin necks are dimmer than a normal saber due to the...
    • Official Saberforge Grafl... (5 Posts)
    • Wow. Bring it on! :cheer:
    • Black Chrome Ares in Indi... (9 Posts)
    • Awesome Ares! Love the black chrome/indigo color scheme. Very nice Brax.
    • Anovos Rey Salvaged X-win... (4 Posts)
    • That’s a sweet ass helmet there! That weathering is fantastic!

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5731
  • Latest Member: VigRXPlus
  • Total Posts: 59.9k
  • Total Topics: 4962
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 10
  • Yesterday Answer: 42