Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Adjusting saber settings and sound fonts: Hero

Adjusting saber settings and sound fonts: Hero 2 years 1 month ago #651

• Lord Callidus
  • Scholarly Sith Battlemaster
  • Thank you received: 7
So of course I've been showing off my Hero Edition gladius I received yesterday. If you haven't seen it, you can stop by here:

Hero Edition Gladius Review

Anyway, I'm to the point where I'm ready to start adjusting the lightsaber's settings, sensitivity, and sound fonts. But the question is, how do I do so?

I'm going to get my microSD card adapter for my computer so I can plug it in. I also know I will be backing the current card up on my external hard drive. But I don't know the actual steps to changing my sound font out and adjusting the various settings (sensitivity for clash, etc) on the saber itself. How do I do so?

ASL-067 of The Dark Alliance
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Adjusting saber settings and sound fonts: Hero 2 years 1 month ago #654

• CShigeoK
  • I'm not saying that I'm a Jedi and I may sometimes seem misguided but I have not necessarily succumbed to the Dark Side.
  • Thank you received: 4
ill do my best with this... its hard to explain via typing...

the new hero has a SparkColor board http://www.saberigniter.com/downloads/SparkColor.pdf

as far as editing the settings use the SparkColor program.(http://www.saberigniter.com/Downloads/SparkColorEditor.zip) there is also a video on the site that will give you the basics...

if you know your led set up you can open and edit the colorset.ini files directly using 0 for off and 255 for full on. it will look something like this

sc1=255
sc2=0
sc3=255
sc4=0
sc1Clsh=0
sc2Clsh=200
sc3Clsh=0
sc4Clsh=50
sc1Blst=10
sc2Blst=124
sc3Blst=0
sc4Blst=0

1-4 corresponds to an individual led.

when changing the fonts make sure you keep the same file folder set up as well as naming. you need to make/copy( from exiting font) a config.ini for the new font and make sure you save it in the folder using the program doing so writes the config so it can tell the saber how many of each file to look for... ie: 6 swing 5 lock 3 clash etc.

this also applies to sabertracks... after loading your music you need to open the config and then save it so the program and "see" the tracks and write the ini accordingly.

within the program are also the setting for the sensitivity, power on off times blade effects etc.

I have not had the chance to fully delve into each specific setting.

I hope this helps... let me know if you have any questions and ill try to help... im new to this new board as well and there are not very many review videos or information on it.

Im usually on the FB group so you can message me there too.

MTFBWY
The following user(s) said Thank You: ARobb73

Adjusting saber settings and sound fonts: Hero 2 years 1 month ago #659

• Lord Callidus
Thanks that actually helps quite a bit. Once I get my microSD adapter I'll start messing around with things (carefully of course) to figure the rest out. I'm actually pleased with the color options I have. All I need to do really is fix the sensitivity levels (the sabers takes a LOT to actually clash. I have to hit it with force, and I don't want that) and change the sound fonts out.

Thanks for the info!

Adjusting saber settings and sound fonts: Hero 2 years 4 weeks ago #704

• jcom3030
Okay, so I have a dual color spark hero edition. I tried to play with my settings and now it simply won't work. I didn't back up the files before editing them. I made a new sd with the default files, but it doesn't work right. Will saberforge email me correct files to put back on my sd card? I haven't asked them yet. Does anyone have saberforge's default files for their saber set up? I'm a noob and very confused. Thanks for this thread.

-Joe

edit:
I just figured something out. If you load the config file, the program automatically edits any errors. So, I loaded the files, it fixed them, I saved it. Then it worked! Eureka!!
Last Edit: 2 years 4 weeks ago by jcom3030.

Adjusting saber settings and sound fonts: Hero 2 years 4 weeks ago #705

• CShigeoK
  • I'm not saying that I'm a Jedi and I may sometimes seem misguided but I have not necessarily succumbed to the Dark Side.
I just was going to say that and I saw your edit... Yea the program fixes its self's config.ini took a few runs for me to learn this... Glad u got it

I'll be working on mines tomorrow so its ready for my trip...

BTW I'm pretty sure Philip or the other saberforge guys will send u the files too. I think the files from the sparkcolor website should work I think for the most its the same...

Adjusting saber settings and sound fonts: Hero 2 years 4 weeks ago #712

• Lord Callidus
So I have two questions. I've been reading the PDF above and messing around with the program but...

1. I want to remove three of the five sound fonts from the saber's SD Card. Do I just, you know, delete those folders from the card itself? Do I need to re-label the folders inside the saber to correspond to the amount of fonts I have? E.I., If I have Font1, Font2, Font3, Font4, Font5....and I only want Font1 and Font5, do I just delete Font2 - 4's folders and leave it as is?

2. I see nothing about configuring the clash settings in my saber. My clash is waaaay too unresponsive though. In order for it to actually clash, I have to HIT the saber HARD on something, like, with actual FORCE and EFFORT. I could break somebody's arm with how hard I have to hit to make the saber clash. How do I adjust this?

Adjusting saber settings and sound fonts: Hero 2 years 4 weeks ago #728

• CShigeoK
The way I've been doing it is just deleting the contents in the font folder and replacing it...

I've been organizing each of my don't on my comp in to folder structure matching the SD..

As for responsiveness I haven't figured out that setting... Hopefully someone figures it out and let's us know...

Adjusting saber settings and sound fonts: Hero 2 years 4 weeks ago #729

• Lord Callidus
I don't know if that's safe or not, haha. The tutorials say to format the SD card and use the program to make sure the sound fonts upload correctly and clearly. XD

Adjusting saber settings and sound fonts: Hero 2 years 4 weeks ago #730

• CShigeoK
I forgot to type that part... I keep a mirror folder on my drive for wipe and copy... Lol yea its a process to say the least...

Adjusting saber settings and sound fonts: Hero 2 years 4 weeks ago #732

• Lord Callidus
My questions for fonts are more along the lines of.....I'm only planning on using two at a time. So, should I just delete the folders of the ones on there and just add the two that I plan on using for now back onto the saber?

Adjusting saber settings and sound fonts: Hero 1 year 11 months ago #1266

• blueymatt
hey guys, got my hero guardian with royale blue and red so i would get a purple blade as the 3rd colour, however when i got the saber it was VERY pink. ive been changing the settings on the sd and got something nice with (blue) sc1=255 (red) sc2=126 but its got whiteish core. wondering if anyone has had some good experience with this?

(i am a little annoyed though to be honest; saberforge have said that purple is their most ordered colour ((in the blade colour video)) and yet they send me out a very expensive hero saber that is undeniably pink, c'mon guys)

picture attached (my camera sucks so just made the block colours on paint)
left - what it came out like with sc1=235 and sc2=235 right is my working progress at 255 and 126
Attachments:
  • ...urs.png (1KB)
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by blueymatt.

Adjusting saber settings and sound fonts: Hero 1 year 11 months ago #1271

• pconophy
Lord Callidus, can you comment on whether you figured out your clash settings issue? I am wavering between Hero and Champion and all info is helpful.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Brightest color-dimmest c... (10 Posts)
    • Quote: Good feedback y'all. Lots of good information being discussed. Does anybody have any experience...
    • Wall mount/clip (2 Posts)
    • Saber Stand Lightsaber Wall Mount Etsy MAGLITE ASXD026 D-Cell Flashlight Mounting Bracket
    • Wall mount/clip (2 Posts)
    • Does anyone have any suggestions for a wall mount or clip to hang my saber vertically?
    • Rí Dar Kaydis is correct in that where the color falls on the spectrum does play a part in our...
    • Good feedback y'all. Lots of good information being discussed. Does anybody have any experience...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4666
  • Latest Member: berjite
  • Total Posts: 49.2k
  • Total Topics: 3696
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 5
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 23
  • Yesterday Answer: 11