Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: a deep thought of installing old electronics

a deep thought of installing old electronics 3 weeks 2 days ago #67769

• Jedikind
  • Platinum Member
  • dc,star wars,ac,lotr nerd what else ?
  • Thank you received: 19
hi i`m considering buying an empty hilt of sf etsy and use old electronics from an old epouch bought back in 2014.

the problem here is that i dont know if it will work well or if it be bad help anyone ?
sabers own: prodigal son,classic epouch vers 2

sabers i want ? Guardian,Count,exalted, legacy 1 and protector,archon and fallen
Last Edit: 3 weeks 2 days ago by Jedikind.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

a deep thought of installing old electronics 3 weeks 2 days ago #67771

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149
I would say this should work, since the electronics seem to be largely independent of the saber, with a few potential issues coming to mind:

-If the LED modules have in fact gotten smaller, as I've seen in the ASP modules, there may be some spacing issues between the LED and switch. I've had this issue with my ASP hilt but I don't know if it applies to the main line hilts as well.

-Depending on the size difference in hilts, you may run into an issue with wires that are either too short or too long. If you know how to solder you can shorten or extend the wires as needed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jedikind

a deep thought of installing old electronics 3 weeks 2 days ago #67773

• Jedikind
  • Platinum Member
  • dc,star wars,ac,lotr nerd what else ?
  • Thank you received: 19
Snakeeyz99 wrote:
I would say this should work, since the electronics seem to be largely independent of the saber, with a few potential issues coming to mind:

-If the LED modules have in fact gotten smaller, as I've seen in the ASP modules, there may be some spacing issues between the LED and switch. I've had this issue with my ASP hilt but I don't know if it applies to the main line hilts as well.

-Depending on the size difference in hilts, you may run into an issue with wires that are either too short or too long. If you know how to solder you can shorten or extend the wires as needed.

a good thing to think snakeeyz99

gotta need to buy some tools for this.
and going to have to check the diameter and such onn the hilt im considering of buying an empty hilt and installing old electronics from my old epouch
my apologies if my english isnt the best.
sabers own: prodigal son,classic epouch vers 2

sabers i want ? Guardian,Count,exalted, legacy 1 and protector,archon and fallen
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• My Son's Saber - Design q... (22 Posts)
    • Thank you for link! That was the exact thread I had been looking for, I just couldn't remember which...
    • My Son's Saber - Design q... (22 Posts)
    • Dusting this one off. I'm thinking about using an Acolyte hilt for this build. It would fit my sons...
    • Warranty Repair Experienc... (10 Posts)
    • I got new screws for my asp saber in 2 days lol I was shocked I wish my shims and shoto blade comes...
    • Saber Selfies (228 Posts)
    • Me and the Padawan (We are still working on the whole "don't touch the force imbued highly charged...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4632
  • Latest Member: Harryhob
  • Total Posts: 48.9k
  • Total Topics: 3656
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 38
  • Yesterday Answer: 37