Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Different Saber smith parts

Different Saber smith parts 1 year 1 month ago #69547

• GoBardock
Hello, I am looking to install a saberforge soundboard to an ultrasaber saber. I am wondering if anyone knows how to do this or if they can provide guidance in this topic for me. Also if anyone knows any parts from differing smiths that interact well I am looking into making a truly unique saber. The Soundboard I am looking to use is in the link. Thank you

https://www.shopsaberparts.com/collections/do-it-yourself-electronics/products/champboard
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Different Saber smith parts 1 year 1 month ago #69556

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 322
If you have soldering and electronics experience then you shouldn't have too much problem getting things to work. From an electrical standpoint, things play nice assuming you solder things properly and use the right resistors where needed. Your main considerations become space and possible modifications to the hilt to achieve your desired saber.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GoBardock

Different Saber smith parts 1 year 2 weeks ago #70197

• McFarticus
  • Thank you received: 1
I would also suggest securing that wiring as well, when soldering to the board. Make sure no stray wires can touch, and that the soldering job is clean. You don't want any solder getting too close to the connection next to it. A 1" shrink tube is recommended as well, which will cover the soldered contacts. The last thing you want is something conductive touching those solder points. DO NOT use a flame to shrink it. A hair dryer on high usually does the trick. I try to avoid exposing the boards to too much heat. Electrical tape is an alternative, but most tapes leave a residue and some might come loose and shift.

Different Saber smith parts 1 year 2 weeks ago #70219

• GoBardock
Thank you for that. I currently own a saber without sound. What items do I need to purchase to add sound to the saber??

Different Saber smith parts 1 year 2 weeks ago #70221

• Watchmaker
  • Thank you received: 4
If you have a battery and a soundboard, then all you should need are a speaker, and a chassis or other means to hold it all together within the hilt.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Blade Length (1 Posts)
    • Is there any way to get a larger blade? 36"/37" seems to be the ideal length, however with the way...
    • Timing shims (3 Posts)
    • I'm building it myself. Thank you for the info man.
    • Saberforge Customs Price ... (16 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: How long does it normally take them to reply to enquires? I sent them an email on the 20th Dec about...
    • Continuous Upgrade expens... (19 Posts)
    • If you go for an empty Elite hilt $150 plus ASP PNP Veteran $150 plus LED $40 plus AV switch $10...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6343
  • Latest Member: hfbncGap
  • Total Posts: 63.2k
  • Total Topics: 5331
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 16
  • Yesterday Answer: 29