Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Champion DIY Upgrade-I have questions

Champion DIY Upgrade-I have questions 11 months 2 weeks ago #71125

• Swordguy00
I’m new to the build scene so forgive me if I don’t ask the right questions. Looking to upgrade my champion saber with the Igniter 2, I want a color-mixing LED, a second LED for the crystal chamber which mirrors the profile of the main, and a third LED dedicated to FoC/shimmer. Not sure which LEDs to get though, I was thinking NEC’s Z6 would be good for the main and crystal chamber LEDs and the Cree XP-E2 could be hooked up to an accent pad for shimmer/FoC. Can the Igniter 2 handle this?

Links to the LEDs discussed:
Z6: http://www.saberigniter.com/Z6.aspx
Tri Cree RGB: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/RedGreenRoyal-Blue-Cree-XP-E2-CopperNova-P1016.aspx
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Champion DIY Upgrade-I have questions 11 months 2 weeks ago #71136

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 322
Swordguy00 wrote:
I’m new to the build scene so forgive me if I don’t ask the right questions. Looking to upgrade my champion saber with the Igniter 2, I want a color-mixing LED, a second LED for the crystal chamber which mirrors the profile of the main, and a third LED dedicated to FoC/shimmer. Not sure which LEDs to get though, I was thinking NEC’s Z6 would be good for the main and crystal chamber LEDs and the Cree XP-E2 could be hooked up to an accent pad for shimmer/FoC. Can the Igniter 2 handle this?

Links to the LEDs discussed:
Z6: http://www.saberigniter.com/Z6.aspx
Tri Cree RGB: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/RedGreenRoyal-Blue-Cree-XP-E2-CopperNova-P1016.aspx

Your FOC and blade effects can be handled by the main LED. The Igniter board will allow you to so all those things. For crystal chamber, if you want color changing, you'll want either a single RGB accent LED or wire 3 accent LEDs, one each of Red, green blue. You'd need to wire those in parallel with the main LED to get the same xolor.Mix as the blade. Now, depending on your saber, you may or may not have room for all that.

Champion DIY Upgrade-I have questions 11 months 2 weeks ago #71165

• Swordguy00
So would a pair of RGB style z60s wired in paralell essentially be what i'm looking for? Also, what type of quick connector is used for SF LEDs, it may be easier to find a splitter for a pair of SF heatsinks w/ Z6s inside.

Champion DIY Upgrade-I have questions 11 months 2 weeks ago #71175

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • That guy.
  • Thank you received: 755
I'd recommend starting on simpler before you buy a bunch of parts you don't need and accidentally damage a few of them.

Z6 is out of production and not an option.

These 20mm LED stars are only intended to light up blades. For a crystal, you're looking at a much smaller, less power-hungry 5mm RGB LED. Common Anode, I believe.

The Igniter manual covers the exact setup you're asking for - which tells me you haven't actually read it yet. You'll eventually want to read that over, but you should really start with basic lightsaber construction.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Continuous Upgrade expens... (20 Posts)
    • So the Champion Plug and Play Upgrade contains the Charging port, the battery, the speaker, and the...
    • Blade Length (2 Posts)
    • You can get the blade tube @ 40 inches uncut if your willing to make them yourself, need to also get...
    • Blade Length (2 Posts)
    • Is there any way to get a larger blade? 36"/37" seems to be the ideal length, however with the way...
    • Timing shims (3 Posts)
    • I'm building it myself. Thank you for the info man.
    • Saberforge Customs Price ... (16 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: How long does it normally take them to reply to enquires? I sent them an email on the 20th Dec about...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6343
  • Latest Member: hfbncGap
  • Total Posts: 63.2k
  • Total Topics: 5331
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 18
  • Yesterday Answer: 29