Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Juggernaut Warrior Tier to champion Tier Upgrade

Juggernaut Warrior Tier to champion Tier Upgrade 11 months 2 weeks ago #71220

• Liguem
Hello, I have recently purchased a pre-owned immaculate condition warrior tier juggernaut(Darth Malgus) with plans of upgrading it with sound later on, i looked at the insides already and noticed that it didnt have quick connectors on the wiring, i do not have any experience in tinkering with lightsabers since this is my first lightsaber(not counting black series ones lol), but would i have to replace all the electronics or would i be able to recycle the LED and switch and use it with the sound upgrade
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Juggernaut Warrior Tier to champion Tier Upgrade 11 months 1 week ago #71408

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • That guy.
  • Thank you received: 755
You can re-use the LED, and perhaps the battery, but you'll need to replace the latching switch with a momentary switch.

Juggernaut Warrior Tier to champion Tier Upgrade 11 months 1 week ago #71427

• Liguem
i dont have any experience in soldering,so i do not know how to switch and replace electronics

Juggernaut Warrior Tier to champion Tier Upgrade 11 months 1 week ago #71428

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 322
You'd need to do at least a little soldering even if you went with a plug N play package. There are lots of videos and tutorials online on how to do basic soldering. You'd need to invest in the equipment however.

If you don't want to do any of that, you could hire someone to add sound for you.

Juggernaut Warrior Tier to champion Tier Upgrade 11 months 1 week ago #71599

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 431
I'm not the best person to answer DIY questions, but I figured I'd at least bump your thread and try to point you in the right direction. This thread is probably better off in the Saber Electronics DIY section than Hilt DIY too.

The simplest thing to do would be to just buy a Champion PnP kit, PnP LED module, and Momentary switch (lighted or un-lighted) and just gut the current electronics and replace it all. The Champion kit includes soundboard, battery/holder, speaker (all bundled together in heatshrink), recharge port, and pre-wired connectors.

You can easily reuse the current LED by just cutting the wires and adding a micro deans connector. Doing that would save you $40 on a new LED.

Reusing the current battery/holder would make it a bit more complicated, since you'd have to do the whole electronics package DIY. For the $15 cost of battery/holder I personally wouldn't bother. You can always save the current Warrior internals (battery/holder, latching switch, switch cover) to use in an empty hilt later. You'd have to cut the switch wires and re-solder (or use a connector) but that shouldn't be too hard.

If you're looking at more advanced soundboards than what the Champion kit offers, then you'd need to gut everything anyway and use the Hero Kit, or do a whole DIY install if you prefer a different board or LED setup (such as a 6w/6w LED instead of RGBA).
Last Edit: 11 months 1 week ago by KelbornX.

Juggernaut Warrior Tier to champion Tier Upgrade 11 months 1 week ago #71600

• Khang
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
You can recycle the LED unit and the battery. The switch is no good for a sound setup.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Blade Length (2 Posts)
    • You can get the blade tube @ 40 inches uncut if your willing to make them yourself, need to also get...
    • Blade Length (2 Posts)
    • Is there any way to get a larger blade? 36"/37" seems to be the ideal length, however with the way...
    • Timing shims (3 Posts)
    • I'm building it myself. Thank you for the info man.
    • Saberforge Customs Price ... (16 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: How long does it normally take them to reply to enquires? I sent them an email on the 20th Dec about...
    • Continuous Upgrade expens... (19 Posts)
    • If you go for an empty Elite hilt $150 plus ASP PNP Veteran $150 plus LED $40 plus AV switch $10...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6343
  • Latest Member: hfbncGap
  • Total Posts: 63.2k
  • Total Topics: 5331
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 17
  • Yesterday Answer: 29